JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd hope that most on this site see this. This legislative session also had gun control in the agenda.

Whose to say something couldn't happen while people are panick buying or out of precaution for safety admist this virus....
Yea....
Oregon climate change: Governor signs executive order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions

So.... again, as someone once alluded to... voters get the government they deserve :mad:

If the Oregon courts uphold the notion that the Executive branch can legislate independently of the Legislative Body, then well. That just smacks of a certain form of government that led directly to the American War of Independence, no?

nc_ohc=6VmN1iAyM5wAX9XjKdY&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio1-1.jpg

So any other oregonians a little displeased KB got her cap and trade thru thanks to corona?
Yes... very.
A $700 Million tax increase by EO? Yeah, that should cause concern for her, her party, and everyone who lives in this state.

It's a money-grab by a largely unpopular governer, twice-denied by the legislature's Republicans and denied a vote of The People I'll watch as this POS makes it's way through the courts... costing us millions of dollars in the process.

Her statist cheerleaders will continue to cheer her authoritarian move while the rest of us pay out-of-pocket for her obvious ineptitude in dealing with state-level governmental duties.

Making hard decisions is hard.

A,

Spoil sport, but then being fabulously wealthy as I am, I don't vex myself over such pecuniary trivialities common to the common folk...tut, tut, cheerio!

I'm off to play Polo where I see fuel by way of hay bales.

Ciao!

Okay, I read the article and I understand English very well and still have a high reading comprehension score.

The reporter states clearly several times that they don't know what she is planning, and that she doesn't have the constitutional authority to create Cap and Trade by executive order.

That said, she does have authority over regulatory agencies, such as the DEQ and fuel standards, and her end run plans, if that's what it is, could result in eventual Cap and Trade in a manuever such as was done in Calif.

So, I'm thinking of it as a pre-cursor to Cap and Trade rather than a done deal.

I've been hoarding cigars for quite a while now. You know, priorities.

Haha, not too far off the mark. The Mrs and I sent through the house on all the standards (food, water, medicine, fuel, cleaning supplies, hygiene products, ammo, toddler-specific items, et al.). We were in pretty good shape, but shored up what was needed. Then — dun-dun-dun — noted was down to four cigars. Luckily the tobacconist is on my way to work, so resupply was achieved. :s0112:

As we move deeper into this pandemic at what point in time do we / you consider this a SHTF event ?

With the government now banning the right to assemble and restricting travel from foreign countries how will that affect your daily activities ?

Supply chain disruptions are now affecting durable medical supplies and drugs manufactured in foreign countries and there will be increased pressures for those medical supplies. There are already spot shortages of consumer goods in local stores. With my inherent mistrust of the governments release of information and it's inability to handle even routine business in a capable manner, I have little confidence in their ability to handle a crisis of this magnitude.

The role of social media in spreading disinformation and the general public's overall stupidity and inability to analyze information will also contribute to the public's approach to this problem. We have all looked at various events or situations that could be considered SHTF, and to me this situation is clearly a precursor to SHTF. When you are starting to see the general public being restricted from assembling, food or supply shortages, conflicting information by both media and private sources, further propagated by trolls.

At what level does the deviations from your normal routine and activite's constitute a SHTF event ?

I am not posting this to troll or incite, but this is the closest this country has come to a potential disruption of normal activities ?

WARNING : There is now a map of the Covid - 19 outbreaks / locations that is circulating as an e mail with links, with rather official looking John Hopkins University letterhead. Do not open and delete this as it contains a trojan horse virus. This came from my son who got the warning from his employer, a emergency services public agency.

I would say its safe to call this a shtf ,most of us are in better shape than many ,of the denial dwellers since many of us put away a little extra food .

Okay, I read the article and I understand English very well and still have a high reading comprehension score.

The reporter states clearly several times that they don't know what she is planning, and that she doesn't have the constitutional authority to create Cap and Trade by executive order.

That said, she does have authority over regulatory agencies, such as the DEQ and fuel standards, and her end run plans, if that's what it is, could result in eventual Cap and Trade in a manuever such as was done in Calif.

So, I'm thinking of it as a pre-cursor to Cap and Trade rather than a done deal.
Right, that was the day before Kate signed the Executive Action thing that apparently is "at once the same as the failed bill and broader in scope":rolleyes: The latest article I posted, confirms that she indeed did sign an Executive Order/Action

That's posted March 9th. She signed it on the 10th. Camos article is the current post signage.

CG,

Keeping cigar smoke in your lungs will absolutely keep out the c-virus.

Being one of the many board experts, I can attest to this.

BTW, your favorite cigars are?

Mine used to be Padron 3000's in Maduro - being a glutton, I smoked about 5 a day when I wasn't chewing or dipping.

Trying to keep up a bit of banter vs the doom and gloomers....

Using regulationary bodies and agencies to make the same effect, putting the State economy under bureaucratic control of the Agencies and Regulation bodies instead of the Market and the consumers, well what was that form of government called? :rolleyes::mad:

I do hope this light a fire under the apathetic voters who sat out the last few Statewide elections, and get them to get the Legislative Branch remade/modified/replaced, and hopefully defund the agencies budgets and tie them up in litigation... thereby making them unable to influence the economy...

This is a train wreck. You are looking our the window of your train and the engine and first few cars just went over a cliff. Everyone in your car is still playing with their phones and asking you to close the window.

If you havent prepared its going to be too late soon.

k, scratch all this casual crap.

The real SHTF just happened. My girlfriend knocked a vase over that spilled a cup of water on her samsung S10.

I got a red alert here! send back up!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads