JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The question box has a low character limit. Read question in the post.

• Very suspicious/concerned

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Moderately suspicious/concerned

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Barely suspicious/concerned

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Not at all suspicious/concerned

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
32_podborka_kreativn.jpg

They don't need a bunch of eyes to read it all.

The software makes connections from the data and any irrelevant data is discarded.

I used to work on software that the government (among others) uses as one of the "cogs" in the big system that works on this kind of data (I worked on a metadata repository that is used to help with the "semantic web" among other things).

One of the guys I worked with, the head architect, had worked on some of the software that makes the "connections" between people/entities based on their actions such as finances, phone calls, where they live, etc., so that, among other things, it shows analysts their social network.

If you are within a certain number of "hops" (usually 3 or less) from someone of interest (such as a criminal or terrorist or their associates) then you get included in their network and you will probably become a person of interest too.

The problem I have with the whole mess is the wholesale collection of the data and the lack of checks and balances. For the most part, the gov. doesn't care about 99% of us - yet. But if someone got into a position of power that had a bent towards persecuting a category of people, or certain persons, then they could direct the intel agencies to collect all kinds of info about them and the mechanisms are already in place.

I suspect the whole thing about the IRS targeting certain political groups was such an effort and just the tip of the iceberg.

In short, it is pretty simple - it is a MASSIVE intrusion of personal privacy and ripe for abuse. It also puts a LOT of power in the hands of government and has a very chilling effect on dissent - dissent being a very important part of our political process.
secret_cia_human_experiments_in_the_united_states_mk_ultra_mind_control_research_program.jpg

MaxIsBack and others. The collection footprint of No Such Agency is deep and wide. In my tenure, over the inside door at Bldg #1 a sign read, "In GOD we trust, all others we monitor". No brag, just fact. At that time, we were the White Ninja's, copying a US Citizen or US BIZ signal required way too much paperwork, it was shunned; now they are the Black Ninjas....many of the true brain trust have voted with their feet, myself included. More worrisome than that, is DHS contracting with various USSR secret police organizations for "...guidance..." on CONUS operations.

The people driving those drones, sitting in those fusion centers, every last one of them goes home at night to sleep. Just like you do. You do know where you live don't you?

Like Sam over at MountainGuerilla says, Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB) in your AO is a key success factor. Read the Santa Clause note above. Shooters like Chris Kyle and others can only be truly effective, if they are consumers of high quality INTEL, INTEL you and yours can bring to the table.

Our local Cadre's of "...grey men...", need to be organized into ingenious intelligence assets to drive the fight, it it comes to that (you know, Red Dawn II style of course).

Remember the lessons of Ferguson, the Oath Keepers (which YOU can join, without being a Veteran) with a few phone calls put several hundred boots on the ground of men and women who just would not quit, unlike Donut Danny in his Mall Ninja Camo Outfit who will run at the first sign of trouble.

We are better organized (or can be), we have more experience and more fortitude than the Red Coats do. Organize now, get to know your neighbors now, why on Earth we don't meet and organize at the Expo Center Gun Shows is beyond me.

Take a few minutes and read the "Battle of Grozny" http://www.sniperflashcards.com/

I get the impression that our government is more concerned with "Constitutionalists", and they lump preppers, survivalists, activists, tea party, and any other "none liberal" into that category. If you support the United States Constitution and our Bill Of Rights..... you are watchable.

If they have someone monitoring the crap I do then we all have nothing to worry about. Because if there are resources available to worry about my dumb bubblegum then the rest of the crap must be just fine and dandy.

Perpetrators, collaborators, bystanders, victims: we can be clear about three of these categories. The bystander, however, is the fulcrum. If there are enough notable exceptions, then protest reaches a critical mass. We don't usually think of history as being shaped by silence, but, as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, 'The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.' (this is a commonly known quote and does not need to be cited)

Perpetrators, collaborators, bystanders, victims: we can be clear about three of these categories. The bystander, however, is the fulcrum. If there are enough notable exceptions, then protest reaches a critical mass. We don't usually think of history as being shaped by silence, but, as English philosopher Edmund Burke said, 'The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.' (this is a commonly known quote and does not need to be cited)
Thank You for your Wisdom.

"Give me Liberty or give me Death" - Easy to say, Tough to live by!

(Glock Jock)
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I total agree we are being watched and we all know it.

I think it was about 4 to 5 year ago there was a big stink that the phones where being monitored using software looking for key words. The list of words was about 200 strong and ranged from things like saying cops, bomb and militia so my wife and I end every phone call saying words or phrases using many of these words from that list and yes we still do.

I just feel the need to ad excitement to some ones day when we pop up on some data sheet.

I was in 2 branches of service, own guns, store more than seven days of food and do not agree with many things the government does so according to DHS I could be a possible home grown terrorist

I was a licensed FFL dealer for 7 years and I have weapons permits in Washington and Idaho so they know who I am and my background and they have my finger prints on file at least in 2 states.

I have sent letters to every president since Reagan so I am sure I am on a data base there as well.

Like most here I try to do my best to fallow the law and be a good citizen but in the future or even near future will that be enough to keep me from being flagged as a trouble maker/extremist to be watched and arrested. Only time will tell.

I do not live in fear just with caution and I do question authority but in a tactful non threatening manner because as an American it is my job.

(mjbskwim)
"Very suspicious /not concerned"

I agree with this: I am very suspicious/ but not concerned because they are going to do it with or without the law being on their side.

Just remember it is for our safety!:):oops:

Even today 1-27-2015 they are talking again about tracking our cars movements with plate recognition soft ware not just on the border but everywhere.

The Chip will be planted in all children starting in 2016.. just kidding or am I.o_O

List of tagged words.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/official-list-of-words-feds-monitor-on.html

Last Edited:
Yeah and the President got a taste of the watchful eye of a drone,haha
He's going to start legislation to control these things (insert a mile of laughs)
Yeah cause just like guns,criminals will always follow the law and not spy on folks

Yeah and the President got a taste of the watchful eye of a drone,haha
He's going to start legislation to control these things (insert a mile of laughs)
Yeah cause just like guns,criminals will always follow the law and not spy on folks
I have to assume "Drone Control" means it will be legal for them to spy on me and invade my alleged privacy, but they will be free to do whatever they please - as usual.
It really is in our best interest!

Most of our non-privacy is in the private sector, so to speak: our credit card purchases, our cell phone locations, health records.
The part I WAY do not like is the illegal unconstitutional copying of emails and harvesting of cell phone data and conversations. If there is any saving grace to this, it is the enormous quantity of the data that must be processed and stored.

I suppose that's why No Such Agency built that huge facility out in Utah. It's not because they needed to impress the locals with big buildings.

image.jpg
See that building in the foreground? Those square shiny things are cooling towers that cool the condenser water for the chillers inside that building, which in turn cool the condenser water for the DX cooling units (usually Liebert units) that circulate cold air into the server rooms that have racks upon racks of servers. There's another one just like it at the opposite end.

The four lower buildings with the "spikey things" coming out the top in their middles house backup generators and those are the exhaust stacks.

I can tell you that there is a LOT of energy being consumed by that facility based on the cooling equipment, and the array of backup power plants I see. That equals a REDICULOUS amount of computer power going into that place. :eek:

The very far back building is most likely a maintenance facility.

I just got done commissioning four cooling towers out near Intel about the size of the ones in the foreground. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top