JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With some addictions, like alcohol, drugs or gambling you can cut them out completely and that may make it easier to stay free of the addiction. Shopping is more like an addiction to food. You can't really cut it out completely so you are constantly exposed to the behavior that has become an addiction. I guess you could hire somebody to do all your shopping, stay out of stores and stay off the internet but that really isn't practical for most people.

I am not sure what the solution is but spending money on unnecessary "bargains" has been a life long problem for me and doesn't apply just to shopping for firearm stuff. I have wasted tons of money on cars during the first couple of decades of my adult life. Then there was a decade of pouring money into the cabin property. Looking back on it, I wished I would have put all that money into Apple stock or Bitcoin. I would be buying whatever firearms I wanted right now without concern about price.

With some addictions, like alcohol, drugs or gambling you can cut them out completely and that may make it easier to stay free of the addiction. Shopping is more like an addiction to food. You can't really cut it out completely so you are constantly exposed to the behavior that has become an addiction. I guess you could hire somebody to do all your shopping, stay out of stores and stay off the internet but that really isn't practical for most people.

I am not sure what the solution is but spending money on unnecessary "bargains" has been a life long problem for me and doesn't apply just to shopping for firearm stuff. I have wasted tons of money on cars during the first couple of decades of my adult life. Then there was a decade of pouring money into the cabin property. Looking back on it, I wished I would have put all that money into Apple stock or Bitcoin. I would be buying whatever firearms I wanted right now without concern about price.
You need help. Seriously, not meant in any negative way. Nothing you ever purchase will make you happy, no matter how much you think it will.

I like projects, I like deal hunting.
I like putting together things that either resemble movie firearms, completing (pairing) my grandfathers parts he left me to firearms or just picking up something that just looks cool. I have been on quite a buying binge lately but I blame 114. Then again, all 114 did was prioritize my buy list.

After a lot of purchases in a short time, I do often tell myself "I'm good".. then another idea or a well priced firearm comes along.. and thus the firearm lust is never quite satisfied.

Outside of lifting and my old lady.. I don't really spend time/money on anything else other than firearms or food/supplements.

I suppose any hobby is an "addiction".

I like projects, I like deal hunting.
I like putting together things that either resemble movie firearms, completing (pairing) my grandfathers parts he left me to firearms or just picking up something that just looks cool. I have been on quite a buying binge lately but I blame 114. Then again, all 114 did was prioritize my buy list.

After a lot of purchases in a short time, I do often tell myself "I'm good".. then another idea or a well priced firearm comes along.. and thus the firearm lust is never quite satisfied.

Outside of lifting and my old lady.. I don't really spend time/money on anything else other than firearms or food/supplements.

I suppose any hobby is an "addiction".
I think a hobby crosses the line to addiction when one is willing to borrow, beg and steal (figuratively) to fulfill another purchase. Even knowing it's bad for them, their finances and their family.

I would feel better about my compulsive shopping if I was also a compulsive seller. Problem lately is my home has turned into the Hotel California. Once the purchase checks in, it rarely leaves.

Sort of along the lines of wanting (addiction?) more firearms.
The other day the fairer half said "I've never seen in your gun safe".
Me (oh s#$% no way out of this).
Upon opening safe with cold trembling clammy hands, "Oh, that's a nice gun, I haven't seen that one before, I like it".
YES!!!!!
NOT the reaction I was expecting so I take that as, "I'm not that concerned how many guns you have, or want". :)

Sort of along the lines of wanting (addiction?) more firearms.
The other day the fairer half said "I've never seen in your gun safe".
Me (oh s#$% no way out of this).
Upon opening safe with cold trembling clammy hands, "Oh, that's a nice gun, I haven't sen that one before, I like it".
YES!!!!!
NOT the reaction I was expecting so I take that as, "I'm not that concerned how many guns you have, or want". :)
My wife would not be able to make it out to my safe. Heck I can barely make it to my safe. It looks like a hoarders episode out in my safe space. And yes my stuff is piled high on the treadmill again.

I think a hobby crosses the line to addiction when one is willing to borrow, beg and steal (figuratively) to fulfill another purchase. Even knowing it's bad for them, their finances and their family.
I have borrowed to buy something within a certain timeframe. I suppose by definition I am "addicted"!

There's always something new, or something not previously considered that would make a nice addition. It's mostly about the hunt and getting a good deal.

But I also rationalize the purchase, do I already have something similar? If so, does the new infatuation make sense, do I really want to part with that cash? And I willing to sell off the existing to obtain the new? It's always an internal struggle.

I have what I need and anything additional purchased is a want, something new that has piqued my interest…

It's almost the end of February and there's been no firearms purchases thus far in 2023…. I must stay strong and resist…

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top