JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This morning, A usual instant customer was delayed. Backlog was 15. He was approved in 30 minutes.
Now I wonder if they will auto delay everything. Same customer was instant a week prior.

I just bought a gun at BiMart ...

I have been instantly approved all but one time in 3 years ... and that was after Mz 114 flooded the system.
Today I was delayed, put at the bottom of the list, which was a mere 105 applicants ...
Yes, I have CHL, no I haven't moved, no ... my name isn't John Smith (common)

It would appear they must 'touch' every application ....

They say probably with in 24 hours ... but that's just a guess ... I'll report back when it clears.

Update!

I got the call this afternoon from BiMart... exactly 24 hours after submitting BG Check, I had my approval and new revolver is in hand...

SO, it would appear the backlog is small, but they are 'touching' almost every BGC as I NEVER had this issue before Mz 114.

Do it while you can ... dark clouds on the horizon!

'73' Kevin K7ZS

I was also surprised by small number of checks ahead of me, and why it was not immediately approved.

But at least it's still possible to buy a gun here in Oregon ... for how long????

Like most others, I made sure I had what I wanted at the first of the year, but wanted to "test the waters" on a revolver I decided I wanted.

It worked but not 'instant' which I should have received ....

is there still a long wait list for background checks or is it instant, like pre 2022?

are gun stores still doing 3 day releases in the portland area?
Most customers I have seen, are getting approved within a day or so. it is easy to buy again. The queue is very low right now. People are not buying much lately. Despite all the deals out there online, transfers are only trickling in.

It could be the summer season has people occupied with other things. The pawn business is strong though, so it could also be people running out of discretionary funds?

...it is easy to buy again...
Uhhhh...No.
From my perspective, "easy" would go like this:
Walk in.
Hand over cash.
Walk out with purchase.

Or, as I call it, the way it should be. It is also the way it is with the overwhelming number of items people purchase in the furtherance of their daily lives, regardless of how those items could potentially be misused to inflict bodily harm on others.

Would anyone be accepting of a mandatory but "easy" government process for purchasing a sword? A knife? A chainsaw? A hammer? A screwdriver? A ballpoint pen? All of those things, and more, can be quite easily misused to cause great bodily harm or death.

Having to receive a permission slip from the government, regardless of the ease or speed at which it can be obtained is onerous, and the fact that it happens prior to the point of keeping and bearing arms does not make it any less an infringement. In regards to the statement that it's once again "easy" to buy firearms; in my opinion, that's tantamount to accepting an infringement of your God given rights because of the relative lack of difficulty you associate with complying with that particular infringement.

To be clear, I have grudgingly "played the permission slip game" hundreds of times over my nearly 60 years of firearms purchasing. But, since Washington's political machine decided it was in their best interest to require a release of medical records for the purchase of certain types of firearms, I have opted out of making further purchases.

Uhhhh...No.
From my perspective, "easy" would go like this:
Walk in.
Hand over cash.
Walk out with purchase.

Or, as I call it, the way it should be. It is also the way it is with the overwhelming number of items people purchase in the furtherance of their daily lives, regardless of how those items could potentially be misused to inflict bodily harm on others.

Would anyone be accepting of a mandatory but "easy" government process for purchasing a sword? A knife? A chainsaw? A hammer? A screwdriver? A ballpoint pen? All of those things, and more, can be quite easily misused to cause great bodily harm or death.

Having to receive a permission slip from the government, regardless of the ease or speed at which it can be obtained is onerous, and the fact that it happens prior to the point of keeping and bearing arms does not make it any less an infringement. In regards to the statement that it's once again "easy" to buy firearms; in my opinion, that's tantamount to accepting an infringement of your God given rights because of the relative lack of difficulty you associate with complying with that particular infringement.

To be clear, I have grudgingly "played the permission slip game" hundreds of times over my nearly 60 years of firearms purchasing. But, since Washington's political machine decided it was in their best interest to require a release of medical records for the purchase of certain types of firearms, I have opted out of making further purchases.
Easy is relative. Talk to some guys who dealt with the months long waits from Big Box Stores during the height of the Measure 114 buying spree, only to have their purchases cancelled.

Reality isn't all cupcakes and roses, unless you are doing the deal in the BK parking lot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top