JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1673578784771.jpeg

I am not addicted to guns. I do however have a very low resistance to bargains. And especially bargains on guns, ammo, accessories, and reloading components. A good example just happened tonight: Midway sends an email, sale on IMI 7.62x51 NATO ammo with 175 gr Sierra Match king bullets for $19.99 (regularly $29.99). A pretty good deal, so I have to order 5 boxes to save $50.
Sounds reasonable, until you consider I have somewhere around 2,000 good .308 projectiles (including some 168 and 175 gr match bullets), several hundred new 7.62x51 cases, and enough large rifle primers to load them (including a brick of recently purchased CCI-200's that I paid $139 for delivered - not a great deal, but was available online for the first time in looking for the past two years), and TWO sets of .308 Win. loading dies.
So, addicted to guns? Not really, but I may have a related issue. 🤔

I am not addicted to guns. I do however have a very low resistance to bargains. And especially bargains on guns, ammo, accessories, and reloading components. A good example just happened tonight: Midway sends an email, sale on IMI 7.62x51 NATO ammo with 175 gr Sierra Match king bullets for $19.99 (regularly $29.99). A pretty good deal, so I have to order 5 boxes to save $50.
Sounds reasonable, until you consider I have somewhere around 2,000 good .308 projectiles (including some 168 and 175 gr match bullets), several hundred new 7.62x51 cases, and enough large rifle primers to load them (including a brick of recently purchased CCI-200's that I paid $139 for delivered - not a great deal, but was available online for the first time in looking for the past two years), and TWO sets of .308 Win. loading dies.
I also have that problem, @2ndtimer . I know a good deal when I see one and it's difficult for me to pass one up.
The only exception is when considering buying something to sell and make a profit off of. I'm usually to impatient to wait for the right buyer, and have taught myself to pass on the deal.

Yeah, I love a good deal too. Fortunately for my bank account, I'm also inherently lazy when it comes to grabbing them. If it's more than a half hour away, it has to be a REALLY GOOD deal. I still openly weep if I wake up in the morning and see someone posted a $900 pistol for $400 and somebody else already responded - "I'll take it.". 😭

Addicted to buying firearms related? No, not at all. In recent memory I've dramatically decreased such expenditures. How? I just stopped, easy-peasy. Why? Hard to say; covered all the bases, largely lost interest, significant life changes, et al., likely were factors.

Too each their own. :s0155:

I picked up the last gun I plan on buying yesterday....... unless something catches my eye and I just can't resist it. New year, same addiction.....
I suppose someone should point out, unlike drugs or gambling, if a person is purchasing guns in a judicious manner (not overpaying) there is opportunity to make money or at least get most of it back upon sale. Holsters, scopes, and other accessories - maybe not so much.
Show of hands. Anyone else out there have a drawer full of holsters you're not even sure you have a gun that fits? :s0162:
My holsters are in a box......:eek:

I've already bought 2 this year with number 3 arriving early this week. How I make ends meet, I'll never know but I manage to.

I have been on a gun buying binge since just before the election. I have justified this recent binge by convincing myself that I won't be able to purchase any more firearms through FFLs if Measure 114 restrictions go into effect. I believe an outsider looking in on my purchases would think I am addicted.

Has anybody else here felt the need to curb their firearm shopping habits? If so how did you do it?

So, I'm not alone. ;)
I have a certain amount set aside weekly as my "gun budget", so as not to affect the family.

I'm doing better. It's already 23 days into 2023 and I still haven't bought a gun.

But I did just spot a Girsan HiPower clone in FDE...

1674548408803.png

I'm four down but I'm doing better than last year. I get my first gun of the year on the first. It kind of lessons the pressure but I use every excuse gun grabber's and the government will give me to buy another anyway.

Last Edited:
Be kind to yourself.

Yesterday I drove to the woods. I was looking for and found a new place to shoot. I named it Happy23. I name places where I shoot, it makes it easy to talk about these places with wife & friends.
The views were stunning, I had a good backstop, and the sound of ringing steel! I have been sad for quite some time and once I started shooting, I became happy. Hence, Happy23, on this 23rd day of 2023.
I brought many firearms. One was my newly acquired Beretta Inox 96 that I just could not control myself about buying it a few days ago. I already have an 96FS. The new Inox exceed all my expectations, I was doing backflips happy!
The sun was shining, and the weather was warm!

Fj4-hbZVIAAbb4J.jpg

Last Edited:
At one time (in better times), I had enough guns that when I went through the safe, I would find guns I couldn't recall buying. After '08 and divorce I found myself with just a few. Over the last five years I have recovered a bit, up to about a dozen or so. I have developed a fondness for single actions in 45 colt, because I find them cool, no colts yet. I fell down the M1a hole last year, sunk about 3k into buying one and setting it up as a long range rifle.
It isn't so much the cost of the guns, it's all the god damned STUFF I just gotta have to go with them, scopes, slings, dies, brass, bullets, holsters, it never ends!!

I was more of an opportunist than an addict. I didn't care about guns until later in life and having a family to protect. Initially, gun money was scarce. Also, my firearms knowledge was low.

As my awareness of something like CZs or Sigs grew (sometimes used), so did my collection. Luckily CZs were still relatively inexpensive at the time and I was an AK guy first. But my first guns were an H&R Pardner pump and an S&W Sigma. I had no budget or gun friends early on, obviously. Those two probably only cost about $400 or so between them. But, that started the rabbit hole in search of something better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top