JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who needs guns when you can buy legal pot on every corner.

This is an interesting point. Gun owners definitely need a new way to explain our position. Instead of parading around in Salem like a bunch of militia goobers, we could talk to people about Prohibition. How well did that work? With alcohol, with pot, with narcotics ? In social-justice Oregon, we should confront liberals with this question - how many more folks are you willing to stuff into the over crowded gulags? Challenge people who are concerned about guns to work on the real issues of domestic violence, mental health, and jobs for young men, because it's behind those problems that the bodies are piling up due to gun violence.

Personally, I think we gun owners ourselves have set the doomsday scenario in motion by buying up and hoarding all the ammo a few years ago. Ask yourself this: when's the last time you took your kids out plinking with .22s? Have you done that religiously, or have you been saving up your ammo because it's too expensive and hard to replace? Now ask yourself this: if your kids don't shoot when they're young and it's cheap and fun, when do you think they will? All this paranoia has done, in my opinion, is create a several-year demographic gap in new shooters. If you don't have new shooters, you eventually won't have old shooters, and if your kids don't grow up shooting, they're infinitely less likely to want to do it as adults. If they don't have a connection to your guns (or their own) you won't have anyone to pass them along to - 2nd Amendment or no.

It happens after every mass shooting, it happened when Obama was elected (and he's been the greatest gun salesman of all time). It's happening on this board, with this very thread. How many of the commenters on here who are encouraging us to "stock up" are in the gun or ammo selling business? I'm betting it's more than one. Same thing will happen if Hillary is elected, and who's the biggest beneficiary? The gun and ammo companies, not we who want to maintain and secure the heritage and right of gun ownership.

If we truly want to pass this right along to our children, we must maintain the supply of ammo, especially the stuff used when people are first learning to shoot - .22, .223, etc. The more people who we can get involved in the shooting sports, the better our chances for fighting off any attempts to take that right away. Stop hoarding. Call out those who try to profit off fear and mark up their prices. And for the love of god stop thinking that websites like SHTF are anything but capitalists trying to scare you into giving them your money.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

I do have to agree with some of this. I think the guys stock piling .22 are indeed hurting the sport because that is the ammo that kids usually learn to shoot with. I used to take youths out all the time and train them in firearm safety but not anymore. Just family members since I have only been able to buy 2 bricks of .22 over the past 3 years at a retail prices. So to those guys some day you will die and all that ammo will be sold at your estate sale for half of what you paid for it or less and you never really got to enjoy it.

So give it about 20 years when all these guys die and they will we all die and there will be lots of .22 ammo found at estate sales but probably less shooters at that time to buy it as the next generation will grow up just learning about guns from the news and video games and that is if we can even still own guns at that time.

So hey that .22 is not going to win you a revolution but prevent one in your favor by taking the time to teach some one how to shoot and the importance of our 2nd amendment right and how it protects the freedoms we all enjoy. And teach the how important gun safety and to respect the firearm as it is indeed a dangerous tool just like a car or table saw but only to the foolish who do not know how to use it correctly or are careless with it.

Advise them that unlike video that once that bullet leaves that barrel you can't undo it you can't push restart.

Last Edited:
Guilty for ripping someone off. I wasn't planning to sell anything when it happened, but someone asked to buy my 6920 for $2600. Couldn't turn that down so I sold it. Almost felt guilty...
Well, here in Washington we have people in our legislature wanting to ban basically all semi-auto rifles and many pistols. I remember the earlier trouble with firearms and ammo. I still cannot walk into a store and expect to find .22 ammunition on the shelves. That said, there is a Washington Arms Collectors show this weekend, Oct. 29-30, at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, Wash. Big show. Might be time to mosey on down and check it out. Good luck everyone. We'll need it after Nov. 8.

Yup, and it's even worse down in California where they're re-implementing the AWB, confiscating all mags over 10 rounds, and implementing background checks for ammo purchases. That's what's on the ballot at least. California is the future if we can't stop the BS in Washington and Oregon. Liberalism is truly a disease...and it spreads. Stack high and deep.

WOLVERINES!

I do have to agree with some of this. I think the guys stock piling .22 are indeed hurting the sport because that is the ammo that kids usually learn to shoot with. I used to take youths out all the time and train them in firearm safety but not anymore. Just family members since I have only been able to buy 2 bricks of .22 over the past 3 years at a retail prices. So to those guys some day you will die and all that ammo will be sold at your estate sale for half of what you paid for it or less and you never really got to enjoy it.

So give it about 20 years when all these guys die and they will we all die and there will be lots of .22 ammo found at estate sales but probably less shooters at that time to buy it as the next generation will grow up just learning about guns from the news and video games and that is if we can even still own guns at that time.

So hey that .22 is not going to win you a revolution but prevent one in your favor by taking the time to teach some one how to shoot and the importance of our 2nd amendment right and how it protects the freedoms we all enjoy. And teach the how important gun safety and to respect the firearm as it is indeed a dangerous tool just like a car or table saw but only to the foolish who do not know how to use it correctly or are careless with it.

Advise them that unlike video that once that bullet leaves that barrel you can't undo it you can't push restart.
I really don't get how people cannot find .22 at a reasonable price. I've actually skipped some sales because I have so much. If you just keep your eyes open or check ammoseak, gun-deals, ammoman and similar sites, you can find it. Seriously. Heck, come by the east side and I'll take you shooting.

I really don't get how people cannot find .22 at a reasonable price. I've actually skipped some sales because I have so much. If you just keep your eyes open or check ammoseak, gun-deals, ammoman and similar sites, you can find it. Seriously. Heck, come by the east side and I'll take you shooting.

+1.

325 bulk packs local:
Cabela's, Fisherman's Marine & Even Dicks had them at $20. Fisherman's had no limit, while Cabela's & Dicks had a limit. My local Dicks still has them, but they're back up to $25 now, so I passed. Shelf was full.

Personally, I think we gun owners ourselves have set the doomsday scenario in motion by buying up and hoarding all the ammo a few years ago. Ask yourself this: when's the last time you took your kids out plinking with .22s? Have you done that religiously, or have you been saving up your ammo because it's too expensive and hard to replace? Now ask yourself this: if your kids don't shoot when they're young and it's cheap and fun, when do you think they will? All this paranoia has done, in my opinion, is create a several-year demographic gap in new shooters. If you don't have new shooters, you eventually won't have old shooters, and if your kids don't grow up shooting, they're infinitely less likely to want to do it as adults. If they don't have a connection to your guns (or their own) you won't have anyone to pass them along to - 2nd Amendment or no.

It happens after every mass shooting, it happened when Obama was elected (and he's been the greatest gun salesman of all time). It's happening on this board, with this very thread. How many of the commenters on here who are encouraging us to "stock up" are in the gun or ammo selling business? I'm betting it's more than one. Same thing will happen if Hillary is elected, and who's the biggest beneficiary? The gun and ammo companies, not we who want to maintain and secure the heritage and right of gun ownership.

If we truly want to pass this right along to our children, we must maintain the supply of ammo, especially the stuff used when people are first learning to shoot - .22, .223, etc. The more people who we can get involved in the shooting sports, the better our chances for fighting off any attempts to take that right away. Stop hoarding. Call out those who try to profit off fear and mark up their prices. And for the love of god stop thinking that websites like SHTF are anything but capitalists trying to scare you into giving them your money.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
Id say more people have gotten into shooting and guns in the last few years than have for a long time. Lots of new gun owners, and interest in shooting sports. I'm not going to curb my buying efforts because I know damn well what has happened in the recent past. It's also a dim comparison to what can happen in the near future. I'm telling people to stock up now, but I am not a dealer of any sort. I just think people need to be prepared for what may be coming. It was her husband after all, who effectively put a ban on the AR15 for several years.

Id say more people have gotten into shooting and guns in the last few years than have for a long time. Lots of new gun owners, and interest in shooting sports.
Stats may SHOW lots of new gun owners but where I live, with shooting spots relatively convenient, I have NOT seen an increase in people shooting. If anything I have seen a DECREASE over the last several years. I rarely encounter anyone else out shooting and only occasionally hear shots out in the woods from my house. The guns MAY be getting bought but they ain't getting shot.

I've been keeping an eye on gun counters and gun store parking lots for a while now - I still haven't seen anything close to what we saw in 2013, but I'll keep watching. If Hills gets elected, I do expect there will be some kind of uptick in sales, just not sure how severe that will be, or how long it may last. Let's only hope if she gets elected, many, many, many NEW gun owners start to buy, and add to the numbers that will now understand her threat to our most basic of rights.

I was on Midway this evening too.. Looking for some Glock mags; limit 2 and 80% lowers; limit 1.
I then did a search for "Stripped Lowers". NOT GOOD!
If they are available, I am seeing them start at $99 for basic forged lowers, limit 1.
Hopefully there are some sites I missed that are still selling at normal prices but I would not hold my breath.
Hang on, Pass the Popcorn, HERE WE GO AGAIN....:D

Sooo...should I should, or should l shouldn't, buy some of those $35 bricks of 525 rds of 22lr Blazer that I saw today?:confused::confused:

Or check if your local Dicks (-Not a fan-)has Federal 325 packs. My local store had a full shelf the other day, back to regular price of $25...they had a short special at $20.

Honestly, $25 isn't too bad if you need them to go out plinking. Obviously $20 is near "normal" though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top