JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I think we gun owners ourselves have set the doomsday scenario in motion by buying up and hoarding all the ammo a few years ago. Ask yourself this: when's the last time you took your kids out plinking with .22s? Have you done that religiously, or have you been saving up your ammo because it's too expensive and hard to replace? Now ask yourself this: if your kids don't shoot when they're young and it's cheap and fun, when do you think they will? All this paranoia has done, in my opinion, is create a several-year demographic gap in new shooters. If you don't have new shooters, you eventually won't have old shooters, and if your kids don't grow up shooting, they're infinitely less likely to want to do it as adults. If they don't have a connection to your guns (or their own) you won't have anyone to pass them along to - 2nd Amendment or no.

It happens after every mass shooting, it happened when Obama was elected (and he's been the greatest gun salesman of all time). It's happening on this board, with this very thread. How many of the commenters on here who are encouraging us to "stock up" are in the gun or ammo selling business? I'm betting it's more than one. Same thing will happen if Hillary is elected, and who's the biggest beneficiary? The gun and ammo companies, not we who want to maintain and secure the heritage and right of gun ownership.

If we truly want to pass this right along to our children, we must maintain the supply of ammo, especially the stuff used when people are first learning to shoot - .22, .223, etc. The more people who we can get involved in the shooting sports, the better our chances for fighting off any attempts to take that right away. Stop hoarding. Call out those who try to profit off fear and mark up their prices. And for the love of god stop thinking that websites like SHTF are anything but capitalists trying to scare you into giving them your money.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
I hope I'm not in the minority, but I have stocked up on ammo and I shoot it too. I'm at the range at least once a week. I shoot slowly or quickly depending on what I'm practicing. I share ammo if people are out. I took a class recently and two students thought they would buy ammo on the way to the class. They couldn't find enough to do all of the stages. I had a new brand of ammo that I was trying out, so I figured I'd just bring the whole case with me to class. I really made their day when one of them asked the instructor what to do if they were out of ammo. So yes, you can do both.

I bought a Colt 6920 Magpul edition with 4 Pmags and a Carhart coat last year for $899. Today I was in my favorite gun shop and they were $1,100 with one mag and no coat. I think it's going to get worse for Oregon and the nation in a few weeks:mad::eek:

We've seen this before, each time worse. As election nears, prices will go up. Haven't been to a show in some time, but I'm going to WAC, come Saturday. I expect fighting arms and magazines to climb; if Hillary is elected, they go sky high along with demand.

While AR15s may go nuts, I don't see the price of a 100 year old Winchester or a used revolver going crazy. But battle rifles, mags, ammo, and to some extent fighting pistols, will take off.

The increasing popularity of 80% lowers and pistol frames is a sign. Building your own is legal, but it can't ever change owners legally (not sure how they'd prove it had, if there's no way to prove who made it). In the backs of our minds, more and more of us are anticipating the death of freedom and the need to go underground. I don't know what else I can say about the state of our nation. It saddens me.

Are you relatively young and/or just getting into guns? Were you not around 2-3 years ago with Sandy Hook? We've seen ammo shelves emptied and extreme ammo shortage for almost two years before things got better. I saw Colt 6920 AR15's selling for $2500 - $3000. And people were paying it! Shelves were emptied of magazines and various accessories.

Yes this can happen again and worse. And there's a hell of a lot of damage Hildabeast could do without confiscation. Much will also depend on whether Dems take control of both houses or not. But I would expect her to make a significant move within her first hundred days. She'll try to take advantage of the momentum from winning.

So if there's anything you want/need, you should be buying it now.

Well, here in Washington we have people in our legislature wanting to ban basically all semi-auto rifles and many pistols. I remember the earlier trouble with firearms and ammo. I still cannot walk into a store and expect to find .22 ammunition on the shelves. That said, there is a Washington Arms Collectors show this weekend, Oct. 29-30, at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, Wash. Big show. Might be time to mosey on down and check it out. Good luck everyone. We'll need it after Nov. 8.

Well, here in Washington we have people in our legislature wanting to ban basically all semi-auto rifles and many pistols. I remember the earlier trouble with firearms and ammo. I still cannot walk into a store and expect to find .22 ammunition on the shelves. That said, there is a Washington Arms Collectors show this weekend, Oct. 29-30, at the fairgrounds in Puyallup, Wash. Big show. Might be time to mosey on down and check it out. Good luck everyone. We'll need it after Nov. 8.

Agreed, Here in WA AG Bob Ferguson said he'll go for AWB & 30 Rd Mag Ban in 2017. The AR class killed 6 people in WA in 2015, less than "Hands & Feet" according to CDC/FBI. This drip drip mentality of going after guns is way past "Getting Old".

Edited... false alarm.

Screenshot_20161026-080312.png

Last Edited:
There will be another run on firearms and ammo. Perhaps not until after the election, as I feel many are waiting for the outcome.

First it'll be all the modern sporting rifles and popular semi auto pistols that'll be out of stock. Next opportunists will start selling their firearms at an inflated panic price.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that Hilldog somehow doesnt win. I have an M1A, Another AK, a faux Dissipator AR and a few other toys I still need to buy.. And I need another year to get them.. So this crap better not start until I at least get another M1A.

Wow guys and gals... I think the price gouging is just getting started woke up to an email from NWFA Armory. Is it just me or are is that Ruger AR almost $2k? PS: No, I do not know how to use photoshop.

View attachment 319484

well hopefully people just don't participate in the frenzy and everyone will see the error of there ways. But I'm sure that I am wrong. :eek:

I do know that I won't be partaking in it.:cool:

Before Obama I regularly bought Norinco Mak90s for between $250-300, I had 10 at one point. (This model Ak was legal to import during the Brady Bill Assult Weapons Ban) Now I see them from $550 to $1200! So yes prices of guns and ammo will never go back to what they once were.

There are some places that will try and take advantage of any situation to make an extra buck!! Don't shop there o_O

I just ordered some 9mm ammo and you can still find good pricing if you shop.;)

And don't even mention 30 round capacity magazines. FLEW off the shelves! Everyone out. Could be found on auction sites for as much as $100 each.

Damn I wish I'd had more of those stocked up at the time.
In addition to the 30rd for $100, I saw the 100rd surefire mags going for $699.99.
$700 for a mag!

Guilty for ripping someone off. I wasn't planning to sell anything when it happened, but someone asked to buy my 6920 for $2600. Couldn't turn that down so I sold it. Almost felt guilty...
You didn't rip that person off. An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Unless you're deceiving someone or deliberately affecting someone's well being, no reason for guilt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top