JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, sounds like fun. When talking with a random person in public, open with "crazy weather today," transition into "how did you vote on measure 114?" study their body language, mannerisms, and heart rate. Calculate their vote, judge them, feel better about yourself.

I am happy with my guns, but I have multiple friends and coworkers who were shocked and unprepared for this and weren't paying attention even after trying to reach them. I took several friends of mine to a great FFL I use. The five people I brought over the course of a week purchased a total of 8 lowers so they can begin building their ARs; At the same time, I'm surprised that so many haven't woken up yet or don't pay attention--I'm glad I was able to help people get a start at being able to defend themselves effectively and their freedoms if ever necessary.
Since I was in the shop anyways I may or may not have snagged a couple of extra lowers and a shotgun for myself too.

Santa is as legitimate as measure 114.
Brings back a memory, one very appropriate to the season. When I was second grade sized, my mother leveled with me about the existence or lack thereof of both Santa and the Easter bunny. She had simply said nothing about it when I was in first grade. After first grade we moved to Colorado. And I found a snail-like fossil about 3" across (an ammonite) and pointed out to her that this meant that section of Colorado must have been ocean floor once. Furthermore, that "snail" didnt resemble anything alive now, so some animals must die out with time. After that she gave me a book I remember to this day-- The Golden Treasury of Natural History. A huge book full of everything from astronomy to biology to dinosaurs to evolution. And I fought my way into the adult section of the local library and started reading all the science books. These were for an adult but non-scientist audience. So my mother inferred that I was unlikely to buy flying reindeer or a fat jolly man coming down the chimney of houses whether they had chimneys or not which few did. Or an Easter bunny, which was a mammal, distributing chicken eggs or baskets of chocolate rabbits and candy eggs. And she wanted to warn me not to disabuse other kids of their beliefs and interfere with their family traditions. I had actually already rejected both Santa and the Easter Bunny as impossibilities, but had also noticed my society told itself plenty of stories that were inconsistent with fact. And both holidays were enjoyable. And I had seen no reason to comment on the inconsistencies to others. I responded by asking my mother if she believed in God. She said she did believe in God, but not necessarily the details of any particular religion, which she considered largely unknowable. I remember feeling especially warm toward my mother that she had never lied to me about these holliday stories. And we went right on celebrating with Easter baskets of candy and hunts for colored eggs, and Christmas trees with Christmas presents in season.

Its interesting there are still people still trying to buy. I stopped by Sportsmans today for something and the gun counter had people sitting in lawn chairs. IMO at this point if you haven't then might as well wait for the whole permission or court process to figure itself out, you aint getting it until its worked out or the court rules against this...

Its interesting there are still people still trying to buy. I stopped by Sportsmans today for something and the gun counter had people sitting in lawn chairs. IMO at this point if you haven't then might as well wait for the whole permission or court process to figure itself out, you aint getting it until its worked out or the court rules against this...
A lot of people will be rolling the dice on an instant right up until shops close on the 7th

Not obvious at all. I think we were heading for a red wave nearly everywhere until the Supreme Court canceled Roe vs Wade. For many women not being forced to carry the child of a rapist is a deal killer issue, just as 2A is for most of us here. Even so, we came very close to getting a Republican governor in Oregon this year.
There's probably a couple reasons why the red wave didn't happen -- overturning of Roe was one

Buy a cheap gun is you got the money just in case there is a class action lawsuit? Could get some of your tax money back lol.

Hey, sounds like fun. When talking with a random person in public, open with "crazy weather today," transition into "how did you vote on measure 114?" study their body language, mannerisms, and heart rate. Calculate their vote, judge them, feel better about yourself.
If anyone asked me how I voted on anything whatsoever I'd be p!ssed and would let them know I considered the question rude and the answer none of their business.

I think we've seen for the most part, new gun ownership didn't really help 2A legislation in either Oregon or Washington.
Kinda what I always thought as well.

A lot of people got warm fuzzies when they heard about all the 'first time gun owners' and suddenly considered them to be a part of the 'group' per se, pro 2A, and were going to Rah Rah along with the rest but I highly doubt that was the case with most of them.

I suspect most of these people, while buying a gun, were probably not regarding it as such. They bought a an 'item', a 'talisman' in a sense they saw as something they could potentially protect themselves with, but not respecting it in the manner it should be.

The guy who threw his gun in the street and ran off after being attacked by the guys in the pickup is a pretty good example of one of these types.

Unless you have a consistent history of instants, I'd be inclined to agree. A low chance is better than none to some
I have a life history of instants, including a purchase on Nov 4th. But when I bought my last one on the 16th it took 6 days to get thru the queue.

Before all this nonsense, I had all the guns I wanted but two. After 114 passed, I made some slight compromises to get versions of the two guns I wanted (for instance, a non-threaded barrel version when I really wanted threaded but it hasn't been available). I also started thinking about guns I would like my kids to have as they grow up and I will NOT be part of their permit system. I have a history of instants and the luck has been holding so far. Still waiting on a last minute order set to come in on Tuesday.

A coworker of mine has been talking about getting a gun forever and she finally decided to get one last Wednesday. Fortunately, she was able to get to one of our local FFLs who are doing the phone in thing so she ended up buying two guns and getting approved 3 hours later by phone.

You play out these scenarios all over the state and it adds up. No one I've talked to wants to get a permit so they are trying to buy while they can.

From beginning of November to middle of November were normal gun owners buying before they can't. Anyone after middle of November are the Panic buyers and they just didn't know enough of 114 which is a shame. All the normal gun owners already know how long it could take to get a firearm from Obama and covid scare. I made some last min orders because I could but far from a Panic if I got them great if not I would of just got my refund. I was in coastal last night getting some screws. I always take a walk down the gun isle and I was taking with a customer. He had no idea everything comes to a hault December 8th.
Also, factor in the fact that nearly all of the State believed that this would not become law until January, 2023.

I have a life history of instants, including a purchase on Nov 4th. But when I bought my last one on the 16th it took 6 days to get thru the queue.

I've had instant approvals for all of my purchases....until my last purchase.
My hardware was released after 72 hours. I didn't even ask if BGC was finished.
In my humble opinion they slowed the entire process down for a reason.
This is a tax scheme along with a power grab.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top