JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What ever the number of bgc was in sales just before 114 hits. Are they current gun owners trying to skip the BS or first time buyers?

I think we've seen for the most part, new gun ownership didn't really help 2A legislation in either Oregon or Washington. Upto 4000 or so potential transactions in Oregon a day added to the already record sales going on.

I guess the question is opinion based unless you're working a gun counter.

Panic buyers.

Speaking with a shop owner yesterday, they stated a family of 6… 6!!!! Came in and were bubbleguming and moaning and groaning about politicians doing this.

1 of the 6 voted.

They were pissed they couldn't order anything in.

So yeah, they were the panic, apathetic buyers.

my guess the majority are existing gun owners avoiding the BS and buying up some bucket list items. I dont think anyone who doesnt own a gun by now cares about getting one before the law, most of the people who voted for 114 live in blue counties...

What ever the number of bgc was in sales just before 114 hits. Are they current gun owners trying to skip the BS or first time buyers?

I think we've seen for the most part, new gun ownership didn't really help 2A legislation in either Oregon or Washington. Upto 4000 or so potential transactions in Oregon a day added to the already record sales going on.

I guess the question is opinion based unless you're working a gun counter.
I have been behind a counter lately and I would estimate less than 1% of customers are virgin gun buyers.

my guess the majority are existing gun owners avoiding the BS and buying up some bucket list items. I dont think anyone who doesnt own a gun by now cares about getting one before the law, most of the people who voted for 114 live in blue counties...
I disagree. While there are over half of us getting bucket list items, there were a lot of low information voters who are finally being told what 114 actually does and want to get something before "All gun sales are halted on December 8th."

Jumpy, scared, panicked people. I've enjoyed the chaos and participated to a degree, however I'm burnt out on it and it's stopped being fun. Been to a couple shops and the people in there just act frantic

From beginning of November to middle of November were normal gun owners buying before they can't. Anyone after middle of November are the Panic buyers and they just didn't know enough of 114 which is a shame. All the normal gun owners already know how long it could take to get a firearm from Obama and covid scare. I made some last min orders because I could but far from a Panic if I got them great if not I would of just got my refund. I was in coastal last night getting some screws. I always take a walk down the gun isle and I was taking with a customer. He had no idea everything comes to a hault December 8th.

I made purchases to hold me over until l leave this $hit hole governed state.

I love the PNW.
I hate the progressive, left leaning, dimocrats, that seem hell bent on destroying freedom and liberty.

I have everything I need but I bought a new binary equipped Franklin armory rifle from our local shop when I heard they were doing the 3 day thing despite what osp says, just to do my part to support them.

Some people would gladly book a voyage on the Titanic thinking how cool it would be. Of the many people I've taken shooting, about 1/2 get it right off. The remaining are either apathetic or still say it's not for them.

Funny enough, most of those who got it, mostly women, are from a 3rd world or a controlled country. They heard or seen enough to read the tea leaves in Oregon.

My guess is a high percentage of women are buying. Hopefully. I know my wife is somewhat intimidated by the current system, let alone a bunch of stuff looming. It's funny, the main counties voted for 114 needed to vote against it the most.

...I think we've seen for the most part, new gun ownership didn't really help 2A legislation in either Oregon or Washington....
Not obvious at all. I think we were heading for a red wave nearly everywhere until the Supreme Court canceled Roe vs Wade. For many women not being forced to carry the child of a rapist is a deal killer issue, just as 2A is for most of us here. Even so, we came very close to getting a Republican governor in Oregon this year.

Idk. The few times I have been in gun shops lately I have heard a lot of "it's my first gun" or "I need a gun."

I'd also guess a lot of people who voted "yes" on 114 and then woke up to what it actually entailed are in a panic as well.

The majority would probably the average gun enthusiast/collector who want to buy before this garbage gets put in place.

Not obvious at all. I think we were heading for a red wave nearly everywhere until the Supreme Court canceled Roe vs Wade. For many women not being forced to carry the child of a rapist is a deal killer issue, just as 2A is for most of us here. Even so, we came very close to getting a Republican governor in Oregon this year.
Except it put the power into the states not in the federal government. Where it belongs, like how gun ownership, marriage etc. should be. Remanded the states make the decisions.

Which is why we had ballot measure 114. The states attempt (through allowing citizens) to adopt stricter gun control measures. Federal government will check it and weigh it (as the protector of civil liberties) to be legal or not based on their role and the Constitution.

Btw: nothing changed in the states rights that had it allowed.

Jumpy, scared, panicked people. I've enjoyed the chaos and participated to a degree, however I'm burnt out on it and it's stopped being fun. Been to a couple shops and the people in there just act frantic
While I see an overall victory against 114 in the overwhelming number of guns sales, it does weigh on me. My Youtube feed is filled with gun videos I don't bother to watch. I tried to order 2 scopes that were back ordered so can't buy the scope I want. Can't buy a gun. Saving money serves no purpose.

I talked to a 20-something yesterday who said she wanted to buy her first gun before 114 went into effect and was going to go to a gun shop Tuesday to get one. I informed her that might not be possible. She said she thought background checks were supposed to be instant. After our conversation, she'll be watching to see if an injunction is granted on Tuesday. She said she had voted, and voted against 114.

I talked to a 20-something yesterday who said she wanted to buy her first gun before 114 went into effect and was going to go to a gun shop Tuesday to get one. I informed her that might not be possible. She said she thought background checks were supposed to be instant. After our conversation, she'll be watching to see if an injunction is granted on Tuesday. She said she had voted, and voted against 114.
They all say they voted "no" on 114. Which is a bunch of BS. They just don't want to look like a fool.

They either voted "yes" or didn't vote at all.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top