JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just purchased 15 10 round Mag Pull magazines .
They have a base plate just like a 30 round magazine has.
So my question is, is it legal because it may some how be modified to hold more than 10 rounds. This would also apply to all 10 round mags. Glock.Beretta. and so on. Any 10 round mag could be modified.

Welcome to the absurdity. It's like Kommiefornia requiring the bullet button mag release on the AR. 'You do realize you can swap this..... Right....?'

Welcome to the absurdity. It's like Kommiefornia requiring the bullet button mag release on the AR. 'You do realize you can swap this..... Right....?'
Which_Products_Require_California_Proposition_65_Warning_Labels_.png

So my question is, is it legal because it may some how be modified to hold more than 10 rounds. This would also apply to all 10 round mags. Glock.Beretta. and so on. Any 10 round mag could be modified.
I think it will depend on the jury.

The measure says:

"or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition"

If you want to geek out on it, put yourself in the position of a gun hating cop, a gun hating prosecutor and a gun hating jury member. Ask yourself if all three of these people would likely consider that your mags could be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition?

Or you could hope that you never have to have any of those people make that determination about your magazines.

Or you could decide heck with them and carry 33 rounders. That way you can go out in blaze of glory when they question the capacity of your mags.

Does the package they arrived in say 10 rds?
I used to own. SBE that could "float" an extra round in the tube. The "capacity" was still 2+1. I don't care what's possible through cheating or removal of the baseplate and adding an extension. If the stated capacity at the time of purchase is 10, then that's all that matters. Modifying is clearly a crime under the new BS.

Does the package they arrived in say 10 rds?
I used to own. SBE that could "float" an extra round in the tube. The "capacity" was still 2+1. I don't care what's possible through cheating or removal of the baseplate and adding an extension. If the stated capacity at the time of purchase is 10, then that's all that matters. Modifying is clearly a crime under the new BS.
Yes they say 10 rounds on the package.

I would ignore it. But I don't want to lose very expensive guns. Go to jail. I don't have the cash to get me out of trouble. I would be the example!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top