JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I just purchased 15 10 round Mag Pull magazines .
They have a base plate just like a 30 round magazine has.
So my question is, is it legal because it may some how be modified to hold more than 10 rounds. This would also apply to all 10 round mags. Glock.Beretta. and so on. Any 10 round mag could be modified.
This video explored this question

I have a Sig SP2022 in 40cal that came with a 10 and 12rd mag. The 10rd has never been in it that I can recall and hopefully never will be. It should be a choice. In the big picture, does 2 rounds really matter? The politicians seeking protection seem to think so.

I think that's tunnel vision. Don't help them oppress you. My car could go 100 mph. There are millions of standard mags around without considering modifying a 10 rd mag you just acquired. I don't know if the magic number 10 came from some thing Bill (?) Ruger said in the past but it really doesn't hold water from a life saving perspective. More kids are killed in school buses than with rifles but the government never holds hearing on them.

I just got a case of 50 pmags in the mail yesterday lol. Even had 2 40 rounders mixed in, and a dozen 308 mags. 10 rounders are cool for off the bench though.

This confirms what I read it as way back in the beginning.

Been telling people looking for 10rd mags this, plugged mag to 10rds or having your 15rd mag, both are illegal in Oregon...

Very few firearms with standard greater than 10 capacity have permanent 20rd mags...

Fixed and tube fed 22lr's were exempted because the "it's only a 22" mentality I believe.
So whatabout my 1873 Winchester?
Holds 14+1 Not a .22
Has it been deemed unfit for us serfs ?

20230327_194442.jpg

I think that's tunnel vision. Don't help them oppress you. My car could go 100 mph. There are millions of standard mags around without considering modifying a 10 rd mag you just acquired. I don't know if the magic number 10 came from some thing Bill (?) Ruger said in the past but it really doesn't hold water from a life saving perspective. More kids are killed in school buses than with rifles but the government never holds hearing on them.
I keep hearing the "well, just 10 rounds because it takes time for them to reload" phrase, implying the pause is long enough for someone to do something. Okay - nonsense of course. I think it's another example of the "we have to do something" crowd which comes from a non-educated point of view based on pseudo-brain washing of the public who are never going to face reality because it takes too much effort to actually think and explore and arrive at a realistic and comprehensive assessment.

Anybody who thinks that ten rounds is enough for self defense hasn't shot at a moving target that wants to kill them while they try to control adrenaline, fear, and sweaty hands.

I keep hearing the "well, just 10 rounds because it takes time for them to reload" phrase, implying the pause is long enough for someone to do something. Okay - nonsense of course. I think it's another example of the "we have to do something" crowd which comes from a non-educated point of view based on pseudo-brain washing of the public who are never going to face reality because it takes too much effort to actually think and explore and arrive at a realistic and comprehensive assessment.
Most if not all mass shootings take place in a confined space where the occupants are presumed to be unarmed. Distance and cover are your only defense unless you are willing to take a risk, where there are a very few examples. Both armed (in the mall) and unarmed (New years Eve in Ca). In neither case, magazine capacity played a role.

Most if not all mass shootings take place in a confined space where the occupants are presumed to be unarmed. Distance and cover are your only defense unless you are willing to take a risk, where there are a very few examples. Both armed (in the mall) and unarmed (New years Eve in Ca). In neither case, magazine capacity played a role.
As the story goes, there was an FBI agent or cop in a shootout with a perp in an elevator years ago. Both emptied their mags without a hit.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top