JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's say you leave this God forsaken cesspool of a state. You keep your house here, but want to buy a house out of state and establish residency there. You will still spend part of your time here since you have ties to the area. Are your banned magazines, guns, etc. still legal for you to possess here since they never left the state?

You possessed them before the ban.
You didn't remove them from the state.
You didn't sell them.
You still travel here and own property here where you stay some of the year.

Are your banned items still legal to possess?

my guess is youd have problems convincing the state you didnt import them if your ID is showing you live in another state.

Ultimately the law doesn't seem to require you to be a full time resident to possess them. Just that you possessed them before the ban, and that they have stayed in the state if you moved elsewhere. Only if you remain a resident can you leave and return with them, from what I read.

Ultimately the law doesn't seem to require you to be a full time resident to possess them. Just that you possessed them before the ban, and that they have stayed in the state if you moved elsewhere. Only if you remain a resident can you leave and return with them, from what I read.
Do you really think State goons won't find ways to bend you over... like say... confiscate them because you aren't a legal resident of WA anymore and because "safe storage" laws If that's in play, and saying g these guns were not, in your control/possession?

Edit, I did not see anything about "AWBs" being illegal to "export" from WA.

Do you really think State goons won't find ways to bend you over... like say... confiscate them because you aren't a legal resident of WA anymore and because "safe storage" laws If that's in play, and saying g these guns were not, in your control/possession?

Edit, I did not see anything about "AWBs" being illegal to "export" from WA.
That's why I'm asking about the LAW, not subjective opinions like yours of the state trying to bend me over. Pretty hard to bend someone over if the law doesn't say a crime occured.

Nobody asked about trying to export anything from WA. The point is to leave stuff here for when one visits here. So one has something to protect themselves with when here, other than a break action .22

That's why I'm asking about the LAW, not subjective opinions like yours of the state trying to bend me over. Pretty hard to bend someone over if the law doesn't say a crime occured.

Nobody asked about trying to export anything from WA. The point is to leave stuff here for when one visits here. So one has something to protect themselves with when here, other than a break action .22
Sighs.

Nothing in the law says you can't "export" these AWBs. Just can't "import" if you still live in WA.. but I don't see where you cannot take them with you and back if you still maintain a residence part time in WA.

Edit. I'm of the opinion that it's a massively stupid thing to leave a gun that's prohibited in an anti2A State and hope it doesn't get stolen one way or other (theft or confiscation)

What if...

What if you were to do this...but...didn't make a thread and post it for all the world to see...?
Then ...Since you didn't make this an issue...it wouldn't become one...'cause no one would know.

However...
Now there is a thread about this..and everyone with a computer can now make this a issue if they desire to do so.

Some things are better off , if they are simply done...and not broadcasted
Andy

Last Edited:
The whole point of the question is to get opinions. If the law was clear, you wouldnt need to ask here. It sounds like youve already made up your mind and are only looking for confirmation, but in reality its all subjective and the real question is if you want to be the test for setting case law precedence. The state passed a law that totally bends over lawful gun owners, I wouldn't write off the state bending over anyone testing the law.

Let's say you leave this God forsaken cesspool of a state. You keep your house here, but want to buy a house out of state and establish residency there. You will still spend part of your time here since you have ties to the area. Are your banned magazines, guns, etc. still legal for you to possess here since they never left the state?

You didn't sell them.

Yes, why not.

If a female subordinate of mine gives me oral pleasure did I have sex with that woman? :rolleyes:
Are you sure she is a she?

Aloha, Mark

PS…….
1688104828797.jpeg

You didn't sell them.

You can take your stuff where ever you want. If you move its fine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads