JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a transfer, value (your mags) for value (his mags).

Don't make the mistake of believing public employees and legislators are stupid. Their goals may be very different from what you and I might want, but they are at least cunning in getting what they want.
Cunning as in letting homeless people camp in front of their yard ?

It's a transfer, value (your mags) for value (his mags).

Don't make the mistake of believing public employees and legislators are stupid. Their goals may be very different from what you and I might want, but they are at least cunning in getting what they want.
I was hoping an equal exchange would negate any "transference". Its also a serious bummer about sales/trades because much of the time those mags are included.

I guess Southwest Firearms Forum is about to get a massivewave of firearm mag offerings once the ban hammer strikes here in Oregon.

So how does this silly crap effect a Remington 870 shotgun which can be easily converted to hold 10 rds. Whether or not it has an extention on the tube. The stock magazine can be very easily converted.

So how does this silly crap effect a Remington 870 shotgun which can be easily converted to hold 10 rds. Whether or not it has an extention on the tube. The stock magazine can be very easily converted.
Probably it would be illegal!
They really are communist.
And there going to get all guns in Oregon.

I'm not modding my grandfather's Winchester 1897. Got my VR80 with its 5/9/19 rd mags, it's staying, grabbed a Girsan not too long ago, put an extension, for 10+1, it's not going anywhere...

Given 114, I am now looking to get a Kel-Tec KSG 12 just to put 2 dozen mini-shells in it....

If 114 does become law in Oregon, isn't any magazine not welded or permanently sealed at the bottom having a removeable floorplate going to be illegal and considered a "Large-capacity magazine"? Even if my conceal carry weapon is less than 10 rounds there are mag extenders plentiful on the web for a variety of firearms.
If the floorplate on the 8 round mag on my Shield isn't permanently sealed I can no longer carry my handgun because it is now considered a "Large-capacity magazine". The below statement doesn't say "Is converted" to accept more than 10 rounds, it says "can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept more than 10 rounds".

Section 11 (1) (d):
(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:

(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

Here's another deal - my Ruger 10/22 mag couplers are now illegal "large capacity magazines". EDIT: NOT illegal, but NOT exempt from the definition of "Large-Capacity Magazines". Which means that I have to store them, transport them, use them, have acquired them, etc., just like my 15-round G19 mags.

(d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:

View attachment 1312496 View attachment 1312497

So, I can run my 15-round Henry H001 lever action, but NOT 20 rounds in these two 10-round mags with a Tandem Kross coupler. Crazy, I tell ya.
Mag couplers are not defined as a high capacity magazine because, " and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload,".

Basically, firearms with mags normally greater than 10, neutered for California, if it's reversible, it's not Oregon legal...

Few of my firearms have permanent 10rd mags... my Ruger P95PR is one of the few that is 10rd legal and never more than 10 with the 10rd mags...

Last Edited:
If 114 does become law in Oregon, isn't any magazine not welded or permanently sealed at the bottom having a removeable floorplate going to be illegal and considered a "Large-capacity magazine"? Even if my conceal carry weapon is less than 10 rounds there are mag extenders plentiful on the web for a variety of firearms.
If the floorplate on the 8 round mag on my Shield isn't permanently sealed I can no longer carry my handgun because it is now considered a "Large-capacity magazine". The below statement doesn't say "Is converted" to accept more than 10 rounds, it says "can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept more than 10 rounds".

Section 11 (1) (d):

(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
Glock factory 10 round mags cannot be successfully converted. Don't know about other brands.

Glock factory 10 round mags cannot be successfully converted. Don't know about other brands.
You can swap guts from the similar model g17-g19 mag and the 10 will then be 15 or 17 rds depending. Manufactures are going to have to come up with mags specifically for this "Oregon law" to be legal. Mags that can't be converted or serviced that are factory pinned and welded. Or molded to not allow the user to be able to take them apart. Otherwise any mag can be coverted currently.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top