JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was allegedly the first gen which has supposedly been fixed in current production.
Right. And I watched it unfold on Sigforum. Months of people sh!ting on anyone who reported a drop fire, then the videos of duplicating the drop fire, followed by more people saying they were fake, then saying that it was only certain versions, then saying it doesn't matter - don't drop your gun, then saying it was as conspiracy to get them to mail their gun in and lose that sweet trigger.

Here we are with the same "Taurus fan" behavior. You have to be a bit gullible to believe that Sig, and only Sig, is the target of fake AD claims - especially after the prior nonsense.

(And I was the first person on Sigforum to realize and describe why they were drop firing - even while Bruce Gray was posting about how everything was fine and well tested.)

Mid size 9mm high on the right hip. If anything happens, all I'll get is a grove, or a burn. Worst problem I have is the tip of the holster keeps catching in the top of my pocket. :rolleyes:
I'll never wear a pistol that is always pointed at me. :mad:

It's way more comfortable depending on the type of firearm. A 2" revolver for example fits perfectly (for me) carrying AIWB.

Often something hanging on my hip feels unnatural and uneven.

Then again I off the body carry pretty frequently these days, so it doesn't apply all that much anymore. YMMV

I'm 5-9 and a 150 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. That's all I was gonna say, but I'll add that I really have a hard time carrying (without printing) in the three o'clock or six o'clock and an AIWB was gonna be my next try. I've seen skinny dudes pull it off pretty well.
I ain't no Magic Mike, but do prefer Appendix over 4:30 this last 30 years of carry .

As an armed professional carried a handgun since age 20 (now 72) OWB and IWB at 3/3:30 position. Significant arthritis in dominant hand shoulder later in life prompted me to shift to quality holsters in AIWB with a Browning HP, Colt LWC in .45, or a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9MM. All of them have positive safeties but I've carried a G23 in that position, just not as confidently.

Over a month now since major shoulder surgery which also found a ruptured bicep tendon that couldn't be repaired so will be in sling for another 2 weeks before starting physical therapy. For the forseeable future I'll be non-dominant hand AIWB. Even after I'm fully "healed" my range of motion will be limited so I'll be back to dominant hand AIWB. It's concealable (5'11", 190, "dad bod"), defendable, and faster than any draw from 3/3:30 even when I was in my youth.

As an armed professional carried a handgun since age 20 (now 72) OWB and IWB at 3/3:30 position. Significant arthritis in dominant hand shoulder later in life prompted me to shift to quality holsters in AIWB with a Browning HP, Colt LWC in .45, or a Kimber Pro Carry II in 9MM. All of them have positive safeties but I've carried a G23 in that position, just not as confidently.

Over a month now since major shoulder surgery which also found a ruptured bicep tendon that couldn't be repaired so will be in sling for another 2 weeks before starting physical therapy. For the forseeable future I'll be non-dominant hand AIWB. Even after I'm fully "healed" my range of motion will be limited so I'll be back to dominant hand AIWB. It's concealable (5'11", 190, "dad bod"), defendable, and faster than any draw from 3/3:30 even when I was in my youth.
I have mentioned and advocated a few times on this forum (and others) that people should buy an opposite hand of their carry holsters and train/practice with them, get comfortable/competent with them, because it sucks bad trying to do it when you're injured and hurting, maybe even worse then feeling worthless because you can't do anything opposite hand and your f' up. No fun. I have several types of holsters for both hands and switch around what I'm packing depending on what hurts the least at any given point.

I train that way, too. @Cerberus Group can confirm, I've started classes with one side and half way through I'll switched sides. I have repeated classes to run them opposite hand, both handgun and rifle (AK and AR).

Last Edited:
For the forseeable future I'll be non-dominant hand AIWB.
And personally knowing how well @SKN shoots, he will be better one-handed with his off-hand than most shooters are two-handed, dominate side! Best wishes for your recovery!

I have a class coming up and have been thinking about shooting it with my off hand, because of this (I've been in PT for the past few months with bi-lateral shoulder ouchies (technical term), mostly on my strong side, nothing close to the level of @SKN 's injury and rehab. In MAG30 and MAG-IC you shoot non-dominate hand including a full qualification. Thinking of either off-hand or a revolver for the class just to do something different but useful.

And personally knowing how well @SKN shoots, he will be better one-handed with his off-hand than most shooters are two-handed, dominate side! Best wishes for your recovery!

I have a class coming up and have been thinking about shooting it with my off hand, because of this (I've been in PT for the past few months with bi-lateral shoulder ouchies (technical term), mostly on my strong side, nothing close to the level of @SKN 's injury and rehab. In MAG30 and MAG-IC you shoot non-dominate hand including a full qualification. Thinking of either off-hand or a revolver for the class just to do something different but useful.
Thanks Will!

I have mentioned and advocated a few times on this forum (and others) that people should buy an opposite hand of their carry holsters and train/practice with them, get comfortable/competent with them, because it sucks bad trying to do it when you're injured and hurting, maybe even worse then feeling worthless because you can't do anything opposite hand and your f' up. No fun. I have several types of holsters for both hands and switch around what I'm packing depending on what hurts the least at any given point.

I train that way, too. @Cerberus Group can confirm, I've started classes with one side and half way through ill switched sides. I have repeated classes to run them opposite hand, both handgun and rifle (AK and AR).
Due to on-duty injuries I had two major shoulder surgeries to my non-dominant shoulder decades ago and before arthritis set in I took and instructed classes, and regularly practiced non-dominant hand skills with both handgun and long gun. In my current condition, as I mentioned in another thread, I've started an intensive dry fire practice with my non-dominant hand from AIWB so I can resume EDC ASAP.

I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock.

Appendix carry is uncomfortable for me but I'm not an opponent of it.
I know a guy that shot himself in the foot with a 22 rifle. Then did it again explaining how he did it. I don't blame the rifle.
I see most such events as allowing familiarity, a cavalier attitude, or ignorance, overcome respect for the potential dangers of ones action. Unless a product is of manufactured, or defective design, most things can be used safely with continued and proper forethought..
I know several who have appendix carried for decades without issue, and feel confident they will continue to do so safely because they are diligent folks that pay attention to their life and surroundings..

Started with an M&P shield, now I appendix carry the M2.0 with an RMR! I'm fit, 6'3" 215... I don't print much even when wearing a snug shirt.

Quality belt is key to any waist level carry.

I move my firearm without removing from the holster. I wish I could rear or side carry comfortably, but I don't like my gun behind me, self conscious that it's hanging/sticking out whenever I pick something up.

I don't have the huge waist to pull it off. Muscular build, no gut, no big waist. But even if I did, WHY would anyone ever point a gun at their genitals? Especially with all these Sig discharges, etc. I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock. The though of even putting a gun in a holster down there makes me cringe....
Because African basket on the head carry is not a thing here.
It's really rather simple.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top