JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The post "in question" is a video of a man defending a convicted murderer. He is one of the two main parties to the event this thread is about. Nothing inferred, no political statement, it's context for how he lived his life.

I'm not about confirmation bias or echo chamber bubblegum. Shooter's history, deceased's history all in play here. There's still not enough information about the situation.

Last Edited:
The post "in question" is a video of a man defending a convicted murderer. He is one of the two main parties to the event this thread is about. Nothing inferred, no political statement, it's context for how he lived his life.
"Nothing inferred, no political statement..."
If the above is so, then why is it pertinent to mention it at all?

"...it's context for how he lived his life."
So, is the option to live one's life or be murdered contingent upon the context within which one lives his/her/their life/lives?

"Nothing inferred, no political statement..."
If the above is so, then why is it pertinent to mention it at all?
It seems like facts may mean different things to you and I. There's dozens of posts about the background of the shooter. This is background on the other party.
"...it's context for how he lived his life."
So, is the option to live one's life or be murdered contingent upon the context within which one lives his/her/their life/lives?
Yes, definitely. I had dinner at home with my family that night, and live to have another. Sometimes when you search for altercations, it's provided. And lastly, still not sure how the relevance of a post that directly related to the topic in a sea of literal poop jokes can be in question.

It seems like facts may mean different things to you and I. There's dozens of posts about the background of the shooter. This is background on the other party.
Well, facts are facts, so I will dispense with your first statement.
It is certainly reasonable and fair to post background information of the deceased. However, the particular facts you point out would tend to lead a reasonable person reading them to conclude that your position is that the deceased deserved to be murdered for the way in which he lived his life. You don't explicitly state that, but the implication is plain to anyone reading it. At least, that's how it appeared to me, and apparently not a few others on this board reading this thread.

Yes, definitely. I had dinner at home with my family that night, and live to have another. Sometimes when you search for altercations, it's provided. And lastly, still not sure how the relevance of a post that directly related to the topic in a sea of literal poop jokes can be in question.
So, are you suggesting that the deceased went looking for an altercation, and because he got murdered, that's justified? My review of the many videos of Mr. Bishop's murder did not appear to show an "altercation" as you suggest. It appeared to me to be much more like an assassination than an altercation.

WRT your final point, this is a message board. Posts sometimes go askew before coming back to the topic. Surely you are familiar with this phenomenon...

Well, facts are facts, so I will dispense with your first statement.
It is certainly reasonable and fair to post background information of the deceased. However, the particular facts you point out would tend to lead a reasonable person reading them to conclude that your position is that the deceased deserved to be murdered for the way in which he lived his life. You don't explicitly state that, but the implication is plain to anyone reading it. At least, that's how it appeared to me, and apparently not a few others on this board reading this thread.

So, are you suggesting that the deceased went looking for an altercation, and because he got murdered, that's justified? My review of the many videos of Mr. Bishop's murder did not appear to show an "altercation" as you suggest. It appeared to me to be much more like an assassination than an altercation.

WRT your final point, this is a message board. Posts sometimes go askew before coming back to the topic. Surely you are familiar with this phenomenon...

I didn't opine, and like I said, I don't confirmation bias or echo chamber. I don't discuss my politics publicly. I strictly added information to the conversation.

I don't control the path of another man's shoes. He made his decisions, his family will have the opportunity to bury him for it. Hope it was worth it.

I'm aware it's a message board, you questioned the relevance of my post which is certainly related to the topic, while adding nothing but pet names for your excretions. Which is relevant?

I didn't opine, and like I said, I don't confirmation bias or echo chamber. I don't discuss my politics publicly. I strictly added information to the conversation.

I don't control the path of another man's shoes. He made his decisions, his family will have the opportunity to bury him for it. Hope it was worth it.

I'm aware it's a message board, you questioned the relevance of my post which is certainly related to the topic, while adding nothing but pet names for your excretions. Which is relevant?
You may not think your opined, but your original comments had a strong suggestive quality about them that many others here noticed. I'm just saying it could be construed as an opinion. And I am not afraid to discuss my politics publicly. What you may perceive as an echo chamber or confirmation bias are just my politics. I cannot control how you perceive them. But I can assure you, my politics are much deeper than what you have read about my bodily excretions...

Your second point is obvious and factual; therefore it does not require a response.

Again, enough with the excretory bullbubblegum already. It's a joke... :rolleyes:
If you recall, never were those bodily eliminations mentioned in our discourse.

Last Edited:
Ok Gentlemen let's move along. Let's get back to the topic, thank you in advance.
Fine, fine, fine. I was having a fun discussion. We weren't calling each others names or being un-excellent to each other. At least, not that I detected anyway.

Last Edited:
e1e3U5cD.jpeg
Ted wheeler, What a joke. That press conference was clown world

Went to bed this morning after a 12hr shift and woke up and started reading this thread.

I was SURE that there would be dozens of posts declaring the shooter to be in custody and facing justice and national outrage over the incident. There would also be detailed outlines of exactly what happened and all involved would be identified.

Instead, the shooter remains at large, Fox News has relegated the incident to a minor sub heading halfway down their web page, and we are still discussing bear spray.

Amazing difference between this and the Kenosha shooting.

When a conservative defends himself against multiple attackers, there is nearly an immediate arrest and murder charges, and national headlines.

When a conservative is apparently murdered in cold blood, the easily identified killer is allowed to remain free and the media forgets it.

The disparity of justice in this nation is sickening and is what is going to truly cause civil war.

View attachment 742739
Ted wheeler, What a joke. That press conference was clown world
Solutions?

Time for a citizen's arrest of Mayor Ted, concurrent with Gov Kate?

FYI I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but I spent several years living at the base of Mt. Bachelor, so Oregon affairs have more than just a LITTLE interest from where I currently roost.

Go Ducks...

Last Edited:
When a conservative is apparently murdered in cold blood, the easily identified killer is allowed to remain free and the media forgets it.
Not only that, but the incident is blamed on conservatives for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, as if the victim brought it on himself.

I was SURE that there would be dozens of posts declaring the shooter to be in custody and facing justice and national outrage over the incident. There would also be detailed outlines of exactly what happened and all involved would be identified.

bubblegum, the Portland Police Bureau hasn't even released the name of the killer or put out a BOLO.

bubblegum, the Portland Police Bureau hasn't even released the name of the killer or put out a BOLO.
At Wheeler's propaganda conference today the wet noodle of a police chief cautioned against jumping to conclusions based on internet rumors, and in the next breath solicited information from the public. I'd say it's there if you look for it.

Not only that, but the incident is blamed on conservatives for exercising their 1st Amendment rights, as if the victim brought it on himself.
I think there is a difference in simply blaming someone for exercising their 1st amendment rights and pointing out that the victim made a poor decision in choosing to exercise those rights in a hostile environment while unprepared and not using sound tactics.

He was murdered despite being well within his rights to be there. If he had decided to not be there, he would still be alive. If he had decided to wear body armor, he would likely still be alive. If he had decided to stay behind cover and work with his team to defend a position, or have a clearly defined objective, he would likely still be alive.

There are consequences for his decisions and actions.

I think there is a difference in simply blaming someone for exercising their 1st amendment rights and pointing out that the victim made a poor decision in choosing to exercise those rights in a hostile environment while unprepared and not using sound tactics.

He was murdered despite being well within his rights to be there. If he had decided to not be there, he would still be alive. If he had decided to wear body armor, he would likely still be alive. If he had decided to stay behind cover and work with his team to defend a position, or have a clearly defined objective, he would likely still be alive.

Maybe he felt it was a cause worth dying for? A choice he made before going in?

Not arguing with you. Was referring to the mayor, CoP, and DA implying on national TV that the whole thing never would have happened if those dang Trump supporters hadn't brought their stupid caravan to Portland.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR