JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck of a lot older pipes in Pdx than Pex. Most of the drains and sewer lines around here are still clay type (pre 1920s) or concrete. Our house still has the coal chute for the furnace (not used of course) and vents for the ice room (before refrigeration). Pex is excellent and only thing I use when re plumbing.
My employees only had to shut off 5 customers in the last 24 hours due to ruptured pipes. Actually less than I figured, coldest temps seen since I started there.

3 in NE Portland killed when they got out of the car with a power line lying on top of it.

From the video it looks like they were at the homeless camp at 122nd and I-84. Many of these camps Jerry rig the power lines to power their stuff. I don't know if they disturbed the line at that location or not I only know there have been many reports of that going on in homeless camps.

519BDAD1-43ED-441C-9819-B311D650827A.png
E033C7CA-8EAB-4C9B-ACE5-3731ABAAE9F2.png
9703084E-6425-4A1E-A524-2F27445F30EE.png

Last Edited:
I have a 4x4 Yukon sitting on a real good set of studs. just got back from the airport. main roads are all good. the back roads still have water on glaze ice, I don't have any problems other than the people that are having problems in front of me. the studs are mounted on spare wheels and I can change them over here at home. I run them for a couple months during the winter and they last real good, these I have on now are 7 years old and still in real good shape.
After yesterday (my daily driver slid - backwards - off the road into a ditch full of trees) - I am tempted to swap out the tires on my truck for the studded set. But on a one ton DRW with high torque lug nuts, it would be a bit of a chore and I don't think my neighbors would appreciate my truck chewing up our newly paved/sealed private road with studs.

Looking at the video it looks like they were parked right here which is accross the street from the homeless camp (ie part of it).
View attachment 1804824
View attachment 1804826
That homeless camp has been gone for a long time. Once in awhile there will be a motor home or two on the North side of Siskiyou there, but the huge bunch that was there a year or more ago have never re-materialized.

Up early and the streets in Milwaukie look as bad or worse as day 1. 32-33f. Supposedly 35f by noon, then back to 33f. Power was out for a couple hours in the middle of the night.

I was at the south end of Milwaukie Wednesday afternoon. It was 10 degrees colder than Willamette (south part of West Linn) and was still pretty nasty.

Power's back on after being without for 6 days.
Oh what a relief it is. Right? I feel your pain, even though ours was only off for three days. We got lucky. I noticed the crew that fixed our wires was in a truck from Harney Electric, which is over near Burns. Thankful to those guys for pitching in and helping out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top