JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amnesty approval. Very happy to get this glock 34 the way I wanted it. Took a very long time to wait for stamp.

small.jpg

small-2.jpg
DItto the mp5k clone
cfvzdvdz.JPG
lknlnljn.JPG

Last Edited:
If NFA/GCA are judged unconstitutional, then sure, keep real stock. If only SBR portion struck down, sure. If only final rule thrown out... who knows.. 2 possibilities from only the final rule being thrown out; all amnesty SBRs are now regular SBRs and owners relieved of tax burden (right... wait for Congress or executive order to "fix that" )..

Or

All amnesty SBR owners must now pay $200 tax each
If you remove the stock, to keep it as a pistol, you are required to destroy it or render it unable to be used.

I just got rid of mine and kept it as a legal pistol. It was never intended to be a long range firearm. I don't need shoulder fired. I can hit the target just by hip firing out to about 40 yards, with the use of a bright laser. I can also use a red dot without the need of a stock. I have others for longer range. Why go to the hassle to make it a controlled firearm, and registered?

If you remove the stock, to keep it as a pistol, you are required to destroy it or render it unable to be used.

I just got rid of mine and kept it as a legal pistol. It was never intended to be a long range firearm. I don't need shoulder fired. I can hit the target just by hip firing out to about 40 yards, with the use of a bright laser. I can also use a red dot without the need of a stock. I have others for longer range. Why go to the hassle to make it a controlled firearm, and registered?
I was always planning to SBR it anyhow. Because of its specific configuration, the pistol brace was a temporary thing, I could have just gotten a pistol round buffer tube and foam cheek rest like the old 90s-2000s pistols but the ATF's interpretation of what makes a firearm "designed to be fired from the shoulder" is vague enough that even just a pistol tube with foam, or a sling stud, could be read as being "designed to be fired from the shoulder" :rolleyes: and that's if the ATF manages to "win" their court cases relating to pistol braces and Congress doesn't pass anything relating to removing the brace "ruling". (Good chance that Senate won't pass the House Joint Resolution 44, and that even if it manage to pass through Senate, Biden would just veto it anyhow)

This is what I am recommending to a lot of people. Those that don't have NFA items already and are unlikely to do so.

I recommend those that already have NFA items to just do it. In the event it gets struck down, and the approved forms are no longer valid, just revert.

This is what I am recommending to a lot of people. Those that don't have NFA items already and are unlikely to do so.

I recommend those that already have NFA items to just do it. In the event it gets struck down, and the approved forms are no longer valid, just revert.
It is so easy, quick and free; why would you discourage anyone from doing it first time?

The additional rules/regulations surrounding NFA items and hoops you may have to jump through.
-VS-

Destruction

Modification (brace removal, ex: never being able to shoulder)

Risk of becoming a prohibited person, along with possible jail time/career loss/family loss/housing loss etc IF keeping a prohibited item and caught?...

Re the comment "i''m recommending that people do such and such" (or whatever). If poeple take that recommendation and don't bother to research the pros and cons themselves then I pity them. People can do what they want, but they should make an educated choice hopefully.

It may be very similar to the 1968 machine gun amnesty. Machine guns that were registered during the amnesty became transferable machine guns that you can shoot today or sell. Those that weren't registered have to be hidden from sight, can't be shot or sold, and if found with them it's jail.

I wouldn't tell anyone they should do x or y. That's a disservice Imo. I would tell them the pros and cons and things to think about so they can make an educated choice.

Once you've registered your SBR in Oregon, can you bring it to Wa if you move there or are you prohibited from bringing an NFA to the state?

Functioning but relatively inexpensive PSA uppers aren't life changing to lose or get ride of but more so, the hassle of moving with an NFA item I think is. According to several posts, many people noe have registered lowers.

Once you've registered your SBR in Oregon, can you bring it to Wa if you move there or are you prohibited from bringing an NFA to the state?

Functioning but relatively inexpensive PSA uppers aren't life changing to lose or get ride of but more so, the hassle of moving with an NFA item I think is. According to several posts, many people noe have registered lowers.
Good question. You however do have to inform the ATF that you're moving to another State so they can update their registry. At least that's my impression? Ask @wired For that. As for from Oregon to WA? I don't know. There is that AWB thing that might have been signed recently? Edit you can also remove the SBR lower from the registry officially, and sell the short barrel upper and put on a 16"+ upper and make it a regular "rifle". Don't think you can ever go back to AR pistol configuration once it's been registered into a SBR.....?

Good question. You however do have to inform the ATF that you're moving to another State so they can update their registry. At least that's my impression? Ask @wired For that. As for from Oregon to WA? I don't know. There is that AWB thing that might have been signed recently? Edit you can also remove the SBR lower from the registry officially, and sell the short barrel upper and put on a 16"+ upper and make it a regular "rifle". Don't think you can ever go back to AR pistol configuration once it's been registered into a SBR.....?
Man, I dont know. The ATF will only approve 5320.20 permanent moves if they are allowed in the state you are moving to. I bailed on Washington state four years ago and haven't been following your new regs very closely cuz Y'all done lost your minds. . If Washington allows SBR's to be brought into the state then the ATF will approve it. If they don't allow SBR's to be brought into the state then the ATF will not allow it.

Man, I dont know. The ATF will only approve 5320.20 permanent moves if they are allowed in the state you are moving to. I bailed on Washington state four years ago and haven't been following your new regs very closely cuz Y'all done lost your minds. . If Washington allows SBR's to be brought into the state then the ATF will approve it. If they don't allow SBR's to be brought into the state then the ATF will not allow it.
Right, just generally, you gotta inform ATF when moving out of state with NFA items, there's paperwork/online forms for that yes. The big question now would be if WA now don't allow SBRs if they meet whatever bs they have in their "AWB" bill that recently got passed? But in the past, they only banned SBS? Not sure about SBRs.

You can't bring it to WA SBR or not. It's a banned AW no matter how you build it. Being NFA doesn't change that.

Edit: Unless you remove the gas system and make it a manual loader.

Last Edited:
You can't bring it to WA SBR or not. It's a banned AW no matter how you build it. Being NFA doesn't change that.

Edit: Unless you remove the gas system and make it a manual loader.
Interesting take. If SBR is no longer legal in WA, why does the ATF continue to approve SBR in WA?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top