JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious as to how this will work when it gets thrown out in court. For example, do you get to keep the real stock?
If NFA/GCA are judged unconstitutional, then sure, keep real stock. If only SBR portion struck down, sure. If only final rule thrown out... who knows.. 2 possibilities from only the final rule being thrown out; all amnesty SBRs are now regular SBRs and owners relieved of tax burden (right... wait for Congress or executive order to "fix that" )..

Or

All amnesty SBR owners must now pay $200 tax each.

My guess is the latter, and I can see the letter of notice now…. You now owe the AFT $200, plus interest dating back to the date of issuance, payable immediately or you risk confiscation of said registered SBR.
That'd result in yet more lawsuits anyhow and I somehow doubt the DOJ is wanting to go through that kind of heat yet again after this whole final rule fiasco. On the other hand, we haven't heard of any such retroactive tax requirements for the previous amnesties (Destructive Devices in 1994?, machine guns in 1968)

I'm curious as to how this will work when it gets thrown out in court. For example, do you get to keep the real stock?
It will likely be a while before it get' "thrown out". Most likely an injunction first, which would likely stop any new applications and probably those in process also (guessing).

I think those that have been approved will survive as sbrs through the injunction period. I also think they will survive after it's thrown out but that is just a WAG on that one. All just guessing of course but seems likely to me. It's kind of a race at this point for approval before the injunction.

It will likely be a while before it get' "thrown out". Most likely an injunction first, which would likely stop any new applications and probably those in process also (guessing).

I think those that have been approved will survive as sbrs through the injunction period. I also think they will survive after it's thrown out but that is just a WAG on that one. All just guessing of course but seems likely to me. It's kind of a race at this point for approval before the injunction.
The injunction requests so far seems to be only to stop the ATF from enforcing "the Final Rule" Crap.

Mine were submitted on 2/28 via E forms. I hope they don't get whacked by the asinine AWB that's looming in WA.
Dang, that'd suck.
When does the amnesty book slam shut?
Supposedly May 31st; 120 days after Jan 13th publishment?
If one already bought a pistol braced firearm or made one with a brace; they already complied with the NFA. Beyond that, do what you want and be prepared for any consequences.

I'll wait till the lawyers get done hashing it out, no sense to do something and then find it's reversed.
Meh. Save myself the $200 and then worry about things later and see what happens?

Edit. Rule is absolutely gonna get thrown out, that is obvious in light of Bruen, Cargill, W.Va, and so forth... but there's still the NFA itself and the whole tax stamp issue. If the Supremes or even the District says nuh huh ATF cannot enforce this because it's nullified and voided... that still leaves the whole amnesty period... if District-Supremes says okay we see that numbers stated are way over whatever we think means "common use", SBRs are now common use and protected by 2a, no paying taxes and no enforcing tax stamps from whatever date forward...

Oh yes. For those wondering. 53 calendar days from initial submission to "approved". So turnaround was within 60 days for me. Your Mileage May Vary. Also, 26.5 Overall Length and no additional photos or engraving requested.

No stock, no brace 20230316_092752.jpg
20230316_092803.jpg

Temporary M4 waffle stock, I am not a fan of it.

20230315_203131.jpg

Sure it resembles this one used by the IDF
fa_ar_m4commando_p01.jpg

But this is the setup I really want...
m16a2postb.jpg
So, I ordered a Harrington & Richardson Retro polymer CAR-15 stock from Palmetto State Armory, just waiting for it to arrive in the mail whenever.edit. not sure why it doubled on a photo??? Oh well. Duplicate picture lol 20230316_092803.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews