JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
18. HOW MUST A FIREARM THAT IS REGISTERED PURSUANT TO FINAL RULE 2021R-08F BE MARKED?

Answer: A firearm that is not marked, such as a privately made firearm (PMF), must be marked in
accordance with the maker marking requirements under 27 CFR 479.102(a) before submission of the
eForm1.

However, if the firearm is already marked, the person registering the firearm pursuant to Final
Rule 2021R-08F may adopt all of the original manufacturer or importer markings when registering
the
firearm, to include the name, city, and state of the original manufacturer or importer as identified on
the frame or receiver of the firearm.

Seems pretty clear to me :rolleyes:
OK, Now to be fair when I first read this, like a lot of people versed in ATF doubletalk, it seemed that they mean what they usually mean which is that sure, you can reuse all the original information that has been engraved , but that doesn't mean you dont have to engrave makers marks because you always have to do that. Then they have come out with numerous FAQ's and statement that no, You dont have to actually engrave anything else.

I will note that one thing I do find interesting is that this is the first time they have ever said in writing that they want engraving done BEFORE submission of a form 1.

OK, Now to be fair when I first read this, like a lot of people versed in ATF doubletalk, it seemed that they mean what they usually mean which is that sure, you can reuse all the original information that has been engraved , but that doesn't mean you dont have to engrave makers marks because you always have to do that. Then they have come out with numerous FAQ's and statement that no, You dont have to actually engrave anything else.

I will note that one thing I do find interesting is that this is the first time they have ever said in writing that they want engraving done BEFORE submission of a form 1.
I did say "seems pretty clear" :s0140: that gives allowance for potential doublespeak/double meanings.

I started with a Aero EPC-9 Complete lower. Put a pistol brace on it with an 8.3 inch barrel. Submitted Amnesty eForm 1 on 2/8 and was approved on 4/11. I did not have it engraved. I was told by everyone I talked to that I didn't need to engrave it including the guy who engraved my tax stamped SBR. Also a lower from Aero with a serial number. 80% lower? Different rules.

D77E48BF-6E15-4D7B-890E-6FAF4C4F042B.jpeg

I'm wondering, now with the NRA and others lawsuit against the Biden ATF on the pistol brace / SBR issue; has the ATF stopped processing the amnesty applications? I got one back (the second one I submitted), but my first app is still 'out there' floating around in the legislative void.

I'm wondering, now with the NRA and others lawsuit against the Biden ATF on the pistol brace / SBR issue; has the ATF stopped processing the amnesty applications? I got one back (the second one I submitted), but my first app is still 'out there' floating around in the legislative void.
They dont care about lawsuits.

Just had one approved on 5/3 which is post lawsuit and post 1240 for WA.

We just need a support group.
I'd attend, I get pissed thinking about all the free amnesty applications that have been approved well after I submitted mine.

F'ing ATF with their nonsense.

I need a hug.

1683393478849.jpeg

I'd attend, I get pissed thinking about all the free amnesty applications that have been approved well after I submitted mine.

F'ing ATF with their nonsense.

I need a hug.

View attachment 1417580
I kind of have given up on the applications. If they come through someday that's great but the stock I bought I'm putting on an airgun for now. If it comes through it takes about 15 seconds to swap it to another gun (folding 1913 rail mount). They are just taking too damn long.

Got confirmation from a Sishop employee today that batch approvals are back. Supposedly they are focused on people with 6 or more in the queue. Also EFT and digital fingerprint submissions are going through in about half the time of mailed in ones. My latest amnesty cleared in 2.5 weeks. Submitted through silencershop.

Got confirmation from a Sishop employee today that batch approvals are back. Supposedly they are focused on people with 6 or more in the queue. Also EFT and digital fingerprint submissions are going through in about half the time of mailed in ones. My latest amnesty cleared in 2.5 weeks. Submitted through silencershop.
Geez. I'm still pending from 1/23. Online and mailed prints.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top