JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We've drifted the thread for longer than the original discussion topic lasted! It's a New World Record! :s0140:
Cause now we have a team of the worlds greatest minds working together to solve what WAS a real problem.

No one being divisive or rude to each other. Just a group who's willing to put aside their differences for the safety of all. Hamsters excluded...

Honestly, it kinda brings a tear to your eye when you really think about it.

Cause now we have a team of the worlds greatest minds working together to solve what WAS a real problem.

No one being divisive or rude to each other. Just a group who's willing to put aside their differences for the safety of all. Hamsters excluded...

tenor.gif

Such inspiration, such eloquence, such disregard for the humane treatment of small defenseless animals. Is there a more perfect example of civic virtue? I submit that there is not.

I things there are other things that I things are more counterproductive than that thing you things is counterproductive.

Last Edited:
My take is that as long as you only momentarily turn it on to blind your opponent and take a shot, then turn it off and move, a light works. If you turn it on and leave it on, then I agree it shows the bad guy where to aim....
I agree with using the momentary switch just to locate your target and then turn it off and move

Flashlights on weapons especially defensive weapons. . Rifles, pistols, shotguns. To me they seem counterproductive. Here I am , shoot at me. I wont use them. Just me?
like the infrared scope in vietnam. until they issued us the Starlite system that was undetectable using infrared was a high risk weapon. In a citizen defense situation the citizen should establish a defensive perimeter when possible. That barrel light will show your movement and give the intruder a good target

like the infrared scope in vietnam. until they issued us the Starlite system that was undetectable using infrared was a high risk weapon. In a citizen defense situation the citizen should establish a defensive perimeter when possible. That barrel light will show your movement and give the intruder a good target
We covered this to death already. In a home defense situation -indoors- if they can see the light you can see them better. Maneuver warfare =/= home defense. Hell, it is not even the same as LEOs searching for an individual in a home. Home defense is largely static, at least after you have identified a real threat. And that close quarters, static nature gives a huge advantage to the person with better visibility and situational awareness. I.E. the guy with a light (should the environment be dark at least).

I have weapons light on my pistol but I don't use unless absolutely necessary. I have a Fenix flashlight that I prefer to use instead.

I remember a warning that a tracer works both ways, but a light mounted on a weapon lights up the souce. Spent 30 years in the military and never used a weapon mounted light. but watched Hollywood show police officers carrying a light offcenter to confuse a shooter. Don't know if that is true or not.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews