JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
since were talking about security cameras, can someone talk me out of doing a hardwired camera system vs a wireless? am i crazy to think some burglers would try to interrupt the wireless signal? idk much about that stuff.

How long do the batteries last before you have to re-charge?

Ok
Lots of way to set them up to last up to 10 weeks ... get that or more on 3 of them cuz of critters.... 4 legged ones.

The other 2 are set in very I traffic areas, lots of alerts.... these see anything that happens in my culdesac and driveway, also mail boxes.

I get about a month or more on 1 and I put a solar charger on the other.... no worries there.
You can run up to 5 cameras on the one base station.

Hopes this helps.

Last Edited:
since were talking about security cameras, can someone talk me out of doing a hardwired camera system vs a wireless? am i crazy to think some burglers would try to interrupt the wireless signal? idk much about that stuff.

I'm very happy with my arlo cameras...
Caught and stopped squatters at a vacant house next door. No more issues guess the words out.

My buddy across the street got them also after I showed them a few videos.

Ok
Lots of way to set them up to last up to 10 weeks ... get that on 3 of them.

The other 2 are set in very I traffic areas, lots of alerts.... these see anything that happens in my culdesac and driveway, also mail boxes.

I get about a month on 1 and I put a solar charger on the other.... no worries there.
You can run up to 5 cameras on the one base station.

Hopes this helps.

Do you have the pro? My batteries last 4-6 months? :confused:

Intersted as well on folks thoughts.

My personal opinion, most breakins are by druggies who just want a quick smash & grab. They are not too bright, and don't want anything to do with a difficult score.

Next up would be the more organized folk, whom know what they are looking for. These types would be rare (IMO), and more likely to spend the time "casing" a place. Still not particularly bright, so any alarm system/camera system, and they pd go on to easier pickings.

Further up from that would be "professional" wanna be's. Haven't heard of them to be honest, in our area.

And further up from that would be professional organized crime, the type that would home invade for high value (art, jewelry, pm's) perhaps even for hostage/ransom. Movie type stuff rare.

I like the wireless Arlo cameras, however I personally prefer hardwired cameras. Power over Ethernet or PoE cameras are my preference. Easy to install, no monthly fees and and come with a nice mobile app.
I have multiple layers of deterrence/protection. Some wireless, some wired and some I cannot confirm nor deny...:)

51678B1F-2978-49C9-98E1-FA11980D71EF.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top