JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Justified (in my little mind anyway) a bit of interesting possible link to the stabbing near Salem noted in this thread:
And "Salem" got it.
Husband killed, wife stabbed, suspect on the loose in rural area near Salem
Not far from Four Corners Gun Club...hope his next intended victims are light sleeping members.
Very sad...again.

You know...if you do something enough...it is not longer "unusual." Just sayin... :cool:
They are talking of a possible link with the four college students killed in Idaho. Another article notes other stabbings with similar MO's across the country have been occurring on the 13th of the month. Interesting. Could be nothing but still, interesting with the current info available.

So many of these killers have these creepy eyes. Anyone know why?

View attachment 1008793
Sometimes the weird eyes or skull shape may correlate with genetic mental abnormality. Which may involve aggressiveness and may not. On the other hand, many dangerous aggressive criminals seem completely normal. And most people with abnormally shaped eyes and skulls, even those who are mentally deficient or abnormal, are not "bad guys." Downs Syndrome individuals, who have three instead of two chromosome 21s, for example, usually have recognizably abnormal shaped heads but are known for being especially happy and loving, in spite of mental deficiency.

Repeat felony criminals have a much lower median IQ than average noncriminals. So many repeat criminals probably have, as part of their situation, that they can't really do any ordinary job well enough to keep it, and can't do crime well enough to avoid getting caught either. But the fact that repeat recidivist criminals have lower median IQs doesn't mean all do. However convicted criminals of average or above average intelligence are much less likely to get caught and convicted repeatedly. And one can reasonably speculate that the smartest criminals are less likely to get caught at all. Though even intelligence and discipline are no guarantee of a bad guy staying out of prison; luck is involved too. None of us, by the way, have much control over our IQ, or any at all over genetic defects.

It's interesting to ask the question to what extent various serious criminals had the free will needed to be fully responsible for their crime. The Texas Tower Shooter, for example, suffered painful headaches and tried to get psychiatric help when he started imagining doing horrible things. He kept a diary that documented his fighting and losing the battle of descent into criminal insanity. In his diary he asked that after his death his brain be removed and examined for abnormalites. This was done. Turned out he had a tumor growing near enough to the amygdala to possibly be impinging on it. the amygdala is central to emotions, fear, and aggressiveness. Had the shrink he consulted taken him more seriously he might have had brain surgery instead becoming a mass murderer. I think as a society we have to treat criminals as if they have free will. But the more we learn about the brain the less strongly we tend to believe in free will. I'm against the death penalty partly because we know from DNA evidence that a disturbing number of those sentenced to death have been definitively proved innocent. But I'm also against the death penalty because I think that at least some criminals did not have the free will our criminal justice system is based upon. We have to jail them to protect ourselves from them, whether they had much free will or not. And if I am attacked by a bad guy I will do what I must to preserve myself or other innocent others from harm. But you will not see me calling for the death penalty, torturous or otherwise. There but for the grace of God go I.

Sometimes the weird eyes or skull shape may correlate with genetic mental abnormality. Which may involve aggressiveness and may not. On the other hand, many dangerous aggressive criminals seem completely normal. And most people with abnormally shaped eyes and skulls, even those who are mentally deficient or abnormal, are not "bad guys." Downs Syndrome individuals, who have three instead of two chromosome 21s, for example, usually have recognizably abnormal shaped heads but are known for being especially happy and loving, in spite of mental deficiency.

Repeat felony criminals have a much lower median IQ than average noncriminals. So many repeat criminals probably have, as part of their situation, that they can't really do any ordinary job well enough to keep it, and can't do crime well enough to avoid getting caught either. But the fact that repeat recidivist criminals have lower median IQs doesn't mean all do. However convicted criminals of average or above average intelligence are much less likely to get caught and convicted repeatedly. And one can reasonably speculate that the smartest criminals are less likely to get caught at all. Though even intelligence and discipline are no guarantee of a bad guy staying out of prison; luck is involved too. None of us, by the way, have much control over our IQ, or any at all over genetic defects.

It's interesting to ask the question to what extent various serious criminals had the free will needed to be fully responsible for their crime. The Texas Tower Shooter, for example, suffered painful headaches and tried to get psychiatric help when he started imagining doing horrible things. He kept a diary that documented his fighting and losing the battle of descent into criminal insanity. In his diary he asked that after his death his brain be removed and examined for abnormalites. This was done. Turned out he had a tumor growing near enough to the amygdala to possibly be impinging on it. the amygdala is central to emotions, fear, and aggressiveness. Had the shrink he consulted taken him more seriously he might have had brain surgery instead becoming a mass murderer. I think as a society we have to treat criminals as if they have free will. But the more we learn about the brain the less strongly we tend to believe in free will. I'm against the death penalty partly because we know from DNA evidence that a disturbing number of those sentenced to death have been definitively proved innocent. But I'm also against the death penalty because I think that at least some criminals did not have the free will our criminal justice system is based upon. We have to jail them to protect ourselves from them, whether they had much free will or not. And if I am attacked by a bad guy I will do what I must to preserve myself or other innocent others from harm. But you will not see me calling for the death penalty, torturous or otherwise. There but for the grace of God go I.
I worked in a large jail for near 25 years. In that time I met all kinds of criminals. Most are just average people doing dumb things. A few seem pre wired to do bad things, and the last class are criminal predators. The Criminal Predators are in a class of their own. With even the other inmates wanting nothing to do with them.
It's not that they don't know right from wrong, they just don't care! If you are between a Criminal Predator and what they want, They will kill you as soon as look at you. Your life has no value in their eyes.

My take on the death penalty is it should be very difficult to give, but when that high bar is reached, it should be done quickly. There are people who should not ever be out in free society again , and some that should have their deaths be used as a lesson to others. DR

This will be common day when the police continue to get defunded and let scum bags out of prisons and jail.
Unfortunately, in many parts of rural Oregon, there is little to no law enforcement, defunding or not.
I'm just fine with cruel and unusual punishment when the crime is cruel and unusual.

Actually, I'm more than fine with it, I'm downright dandy with it.
Then there's not much difference between you and the gun grabbers. Either you respect the Constitution or you don't. All of it.

Actually, there is little law enforcement in most of rural America. The cost of having enough LE to arrive at the average farm or ranch in time to stop the crime is not workable. Rural Americans are pretty much required to defend themselves by themselves or as assisted by dogs and neighbors .

Actually, there is little law enforcement in most of rural America. The cost of having enough LE to arrive at the average farm or ranch in time to stop the crime is not workable. Rural Americans are pretty much required to defend themselves by themselves or as assisted by dogs and neighbors .
That's no different than anywhere in the country. People call the police the vast because of crime already in progress, rarely are calls made before a crime has occurrd and police are actually able to prevent such from taking place.

What are you trying to say? o_O

artworks-DevHjTMeMMxV0Rxp-FX8vMw-t500x500.jpg AhBwWY6RqrKGDNa5lqb4kyaKdYNloj2sS-omab0bE&usqp=CAU.jpg 1669718125060.jpeg

1669718248107.jpeg AP764316708248.jpg

charles-manson-fall-vibes.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class