JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Americans are in state of false reality. It's a lot like when the "Tech Bubble" burst. All those virtual millionaires had to move back home to mommy and sell the Porsche.

Most Americans are doing well. The ones who are doing well and still angry has to be based on some fake narrative. They post pictures of them "ballin' out" on the twitter, then post how bad and unfair life is.

My sister, one is the nicest humans on the planet had cancer. That is unfair. A guy in a temporary position that we get to chose and legally wins the position is not unfair. We have a uniquely 1st world American problem. We literally feed the beast.

IMHO I blame the whole "self-esteem" movement that started back in the 90's with participation trophies and no-score keeping BS
Losing was and is a part of life and "protecting" kid's feelings leaves them woefully unprepared for real life. So when life gets hard these kids fold and do something stupid. Who knows what triggered this worm but he's left his mark on the world.
Little POS.

IMHO I blame the whole "self-esteem" movement that started back in the 90's with participation trophies and no-score keeping BS
Losing was and is a part of life and "protecting" kid's feelings leaves them woefully unprepared for real life. So when life gets hard these kids fold and do something stupid. Who knows what triggered this worm but he's left his mark on the world.
Little POS.

"Hands aren't for hurting"

Funny how the media always get so excited about these random murders, but don't give a rat's azz about the daily murders of American citizens in places like Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Chicago, et al....cities with the most onerous of gun laws.
Since most of those murdered, sometimes a hundred in a weekend, or at least tens a week happen to be Black folk, the lack of attention seems pretty, oh I don't know, RACIST, to me.
And of course since these cities with incredibly high murder rates happen to have the toughest of gun laws, and have been run by Democrats for decades, it flies in the face of their preferred narrative, which might also explain the lack of attention.
Just might ;-)

I rest my case. This will be the last heard of this.......

9 Killed, 39 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago

Americans are in state of false reality. It's a lot like when the "Tech Bubble" burst. All those virtual millionaires had to move back home to mommy and sell the Porsche.

I lost $400,000 when the tech bubble burst. Even tho I should have known better, I had succumbed to the wrong buying signals (thank you Motley Fool advisors) and sold out of real estate and into the stock market tech stocks at the wrong time. I can whine about it, but won't be taking it out on others...

I lost $400,000 when the tech bubble burst. Even tho I should have known better, I had succumbed to the wrong buying signals (thank you Motley Fool advisors) and sold out of real estate and into the stock market tech stocks at the wrong time. I can whine about it, but won't be taking it out on others...

Stocks are just fancy gambling, They let you win a few hands so you feed the pot heavy then clean you out.

I told you you should have invested in that Cocaine. :p

The comments on the NY Times' article on this are universally against gun owners and call for abolishing the 2nd Amendment. My reply to one of them:

[Screen Name], so when a small percentage of Muslims commits heinous crimes around the world and in NYC we are exhorted not to blame all Muslims, and our president is castigated as a racist for trying to restrict un-vetted access to America from certain Muslim nations, but let a small percentage of untreated mental patients illegally obtain guns and commit crimes with them and it's suddenly ok to blame and punish the 100 million gun owners in America who didn't kill anyone yesterday for those crimes. Suddenly it's ok to denigrate all gun owners and characterize them as murderous, paranoid, ignorant hayseeds. Perhaps the answer is to actually address the root causes of these shootings, which have nothing to do with gun ownership or regulation. Perhaps we need to address our non-existent public mental health system and the factors in our society that cause the anger and frustration that pushes these people over the edge. Think about that the next time you sit sipping latte at a sidewalk cafe while you watch a deranged homeless person push a shopping cart down the street while having an angry conversation with an invisible adversary. Think about the economic and social disparities we allow to exist in our society. Think about how your $3 cup of coffee, combined with that of millions of others could have provided treatment for that person. Think about why you feel entitled to sip your coffee instead of providing it. You are part of the problem.

Last Edited:
It's a GANG problem, not a gun problem.

quote-the-consensus-is-that-no-more-than-five-to-ten-people-in-a-hundred-who-die-by-gunfire-in...jpg

Pretty much. Here on the East side of the Cascades everyone's panties are in a bunch after two rival gangs got together in a park in East Kennewick and

firefight.jpg

At least four shot and one dead.

Re the above, it seems to me that is where the anti-gun folks energies could do the most good, addressing the "cause" and "mental health" side of things.

When they try to control guns they r simply addressing the tool used by the mentally ill person and as several others said above, that could easily switch to some other tool whether it be bombs, knives, whatever.

But if they spent their energy on how to help poeple before they get to that point of doing violence they would be actually doing some good. Their energy would be spent on something constructive (helping) rather than fighting.
In England knives are used, in Japan swords, in China explosives (there is a lot of mining in China) angry people will
always use what ever is most available.
LongBeard

In England knives are used, in Japan swords, in China explosives (there is a lot of mining in China) angry people will
always use what ever is most available.
LongBeard
So where does one mount his ACOG on a road flare and bottle of gasoline?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top