JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As of now - 1 dead 13 wounded. Shooter at large.
I lived in Morgan Hill (very close) for 15 years, and have been to the Festival.
Gilroy has lots of gangs these days. I'll be surprised if this doesn't turn out to be gang related.
Of course, calls for gun control should begin any minute now.

Doesn't look like it was gang related.

A witness, Julissa Contreras, told NBC Bay Area that she saw a white man in his early to mid-30s firing a rifle that was "able to shoot three to four shots a second."

"It was just rapid firing," she said. "I could see him shooting in just every direction. He wasn't aiming at anyone specifically. It was just left to right, right to left."

The people who think these incidents can be prevented with more gun control will of course ignore the fact that California already has everything on their wish list: universal background checks. "assault weapon" ban, "high capacity" magazine ban, background checks including for ammo, waiting periods, limits on number of handguns that can be bought per month, and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on and so on....

They also make it impossible to have legal concealed carry in the most populated parts of California, ensuring no one can defend themselves.

Of course, this simply couldn't happen in the Commie Country of Commiefornia; what with ALL the Anti-Gun Laws already on their Books!

Also - the shooter gained access to the festival by cutting through a fence. Looks like I was wrong on the " gang related" theory.

Also, now reporting 4 dead and 15 injured.

Yes, reports show he or they avoided the official entry points. One shooter dead and one person in custody. As of 1030pm no one said there were 2 shooters.

I hate reading stories like this.
The oft repeated phrase " thoughts and prayers go out to the families and victims" , while still meaningful and sent from the heart , is heard too often.
That will not stop me from taking a moment and doing so...

To be at a family friendly gathering , enjoying life and your loved ones , only to shot at , is horrific...to lose a loved ones life that way is tragedy , I wish upon no one.
So , my thoughts and prayers do go out to all who have been affected by yesterdays shooting.

I would ask those out there , who would use this crime as another reason why guns , ammo and certain firearm accessories to have more bans , laws or requirements to consider this :

Yesterday I was out shooting in a area open to the public...I came across at two different popular shooting spots a total of four different folks , enjoying their day , safely , while shooting...
I heard more people shooting in yet other areas....
No one was harmed ...

I point this out , so as to show that many more folks enjoy and use firearms safely , than those criminals who misuse firearms.
When laws , bans , requirements are made...they mostly affect the folks who are not the problem...but at the same time do little to nothing to stop a criminal or criminal action.
Andy

Dupe thread
Yea I saw that after I posted here.

Funny how the media always get so excited about these random murders, but don't give a rat's azz about the daily murders of American citizens in places like Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Chicago, et al....cities with the most onerous of gun laws.
Since most of those murdered, sometimes a hundred in a weekend, or at least tens a week happen to be Black folk, the lack of attention seems pretty, oh I don't know, RACIST, to me.
And of course since these cities with incredibly high murder rates happen to have the toughest of gun laws, and have been run by Democrats for decades, it flies in the face of their preferred narrative, which might also explain the lack of attention.
Just might ;-)

Last Edited:
Funny how the media always get so excited about these random murders, but don't give a rat's bubblegum about the daily murders of American citizens in places like Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, Chicago, et al....cities with the most onerous of gun laws.
Since most of those murdered, sometimes a hundred in a weekend, or at least tens a week happen to be Black folk, the lack of attention seems pretty, oh I don't know, RACIST, to me.
And of course since these cities with incredibly high murder rates happen to have the toughest of gun laws, and have been run by Democrats for decades, it flies in the face of their preferred narrative, which might also explain the lack of attention.
Just might ;-)

Yup, 100%

Last week CNN ran a headline story about school shootings, when there was no school shooting. They seem obligated to keep the narrative alive even when there is nothing to report.

Tragic news in California. This is what happens when nut jobs feel confident that nobody will stop them. Churches, schools, bars, movie theaters, and garlic festivals - soft targets for cowards, and especially in a culture of naive idealogues.

Like a gambler who is losing, California legislators will now double down on gun control instead of walking away from the table. Hopefully these awful policies will not blow this way and contaminate us up here.

Santa Clara County is a "virtually no issue" county for CCW not that it would have mattered. They wouldnt have allowed carry inside the venue anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top