JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most would see doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity...Sadly, the Pols will rail for even more anti-gun laws and foolishly get more victims. Such a needless and abhorrent cycle.

A report I read had in it someone asked him why he was shooting and his answer was ' because I am angry'

The '2020 Democrats' as they are being refereed to are not skipping a beat commenting on this and they ALL are referencing gun control.

Last Edited:
Notice the shooter picked an event that security searches everybody and bans all firearms

I was semi wondering why he wasn't shot buy an armed civilian, guess that's why

A report I read had in it someone asked him why he was shooting and his answer was ' because I am angry'

The '2020 Democrats' as they are being refereed to are not skipping a beat commenting on this and they ALL are referencing gun control.
Guess they didn't learn in 2016, let them continue to put forward their failed policies. Meanwhile, we have a strong economy, employment numbers not seen in half a century, a bit more moolah in my pocket, and a president who authentically cares about and loves his country, The United States of America.... unlike a certain predecessor and some certain candidates for president...

Guess the dems will continue the investigations until the 2024 elections...

Carrying is good , if one is willing to use the skill that they have and has the chance to actually be of help.

As noted in the above posts ....this happened in California a restrictive state , in regards to guns and the carrying of them , to say the least.

Please note that I am not picking on anyone or anyone's post....
I am just saying that the idea of concealed carrying a gun , here , where this shooting took place is well nigh impossible.
Which brings on the idea of :
If a state that has such restrictive laws , bans and such , still has criminal shootings . like the OP...It seems to me that a new approach is needed to preventing such criminal shootings....

For those of us who do live in a less restrictive state and who do carry , I say thank you...and hope and pray that we are never needed to be called upon , to use what skill and willingness we have.
That said...
I am at the same time comforted , knowing that there are those of us out there...
Who are willing and have the skill to do what is needed , if events like the OP happen.
Andy

Singer Jack van Breen said he saw a man wearing a green shirt and grayish handkerchief around his neck fire into the food area with what appeared to be an assault rifle.
Van Breen told the station he heard someone shout, "Why are you doing this?" The person responded, "Because I'm really angry."

Realizing this even is still fresh regarding its investigation and disclosure, I'll wait to make more conclusive statements about the individual who perpetrated this crime. Of particular interest is the mental health aspect... As someone who would do what has been reported must indeed have some sort of mental defect. Just one mans opinion...

I was reading an article about this shooting on the FoxNews.com website this morning. Commenters were blaming it on gun nuts, right wingers, conservatives, Trump supporters, liberals, lack of private background checks, lack of gun control, guns, assault weapons, and calling for more gun control laws.

It seems to me that a new approach is needed to preventing such criminal shootings....
I see you changed this part!

If you Andy, were asked for an opinion/idea on a 'new approach' what would it be?

Matter of fact lets all offer up ideas as to a 'new approach' just to see what comes up.

Now there going to ban fence cutters.:rolleyes:

Because of gun control in England they now have stabbings. Then members of Parliament introduced
measures to "Ban Knives", one MP even asked out loud on a posting "Can't we force people to grind
the sharp tips off of their knives?". They even put out bins in public , with pictures of The Cookie Monster
so people could willingly surrender their knives. The lunacy will never end.

Blessings,
LongBeard

FOX commentators, or whom?

Oh, sorry... Commenters, not commentators (I'm usually pretty specific with the words I use. :))

it was the comments at the bottom, by readers. I'm proud to say that I trolled enough previously to have one login ID shadowbanned on FoxNews.com. I don't troll here so I gotta get my snarky/azzhat on somewhere else...........

Carrying is good , if one is willing to use the skill that they have and has the chance to actually be of help.

As noted in the above posts ....this happened in California a restrictive state , in regards to guns and the carrying of them , to say the least.

Please note that I am not picking on anyone or anyone's post....
I am just saying that the idea of concealed carrying a gun , here , where this shooting took place is well nigh impossible.
Which brings on the idea of :
If a state that has such restrictive laws , bans and such , still has criminal shootings . like the OP...It seems to me that a new approach is needed to preventing such criminal shootings....

For those of us who do live in a less restrictive state and who do carry , I say thank you...and hope and pray that we are never needed to be called upon , to use what skill and willingness we have.
That said...
I am at the same time comforted , knowing that there are those of us out there...
Who are willing and have the skill to do what is needed , if events like the OP happen.
Andy

Nice points as always, but one thing I'd like to add is that the possibility that people might be carrying is a deterrent in and of themselves. These shooters are cowards since the never pick a place when there is a probablity that someone will shoot back unless they are trying to commit suicide.

CA better hurry up and ban assault rifles, oh wait, they've been banned since 1989... Those that think banning guns is a solution better think again.

Last Edited:
Nice points as always, but one thing I'd like to add is that the possibility that people might be carrying is a deterrent in and of themselves. These shooters are cowards since the never pick a place when there is a probablity that someone will shoot back unless they are trying to commit suicide.
I agree it's a huge deterrent. Would this be less likely to happen in an Idaho or TX crowd where it would be well known there may be a lot of armed good guys? I think so. Also just use the Portland Clackamas mall shooting as an example of how less people can get hurt with a CHL around:

calakamas mall.JPG

The law should require that an entity provide sufficient numbers of discrete (ie. plainclothes) armed security at locations designated as 'gun free" could help. These places and events currently post as gun-free and create a false expectation of safety.
If simply posting a sign was effective they could fire all lifeguards at public beaches and pools and replace them with "NO DROWNING ALLOWED" signs.

'

I agree it's a huge deterrent. Would this be less likely to happen in an Idaho or TX crowd where it would be well known there may have been a lot of armed good guys? I think so. Also just use the Portland Clackamas mall shooting as an example of how less people can get hurt with a CHL around:

View attachment 604265

FYI - I did not personally know the victim in the Clackamas incident.

However, my brother has never spoken of someone with such high regard as both a mentor and a friend.

Not that any innocent life is not precious - but sometimes I think it does us good to recall that these statistics are actual people.

I see you changed this part!

If you Andy, were asked for an opinion/idea on a 'new approach' what would it be?

Matter of fact lets all offer up ideas as to a 'new approach' just to see what comes up.

My "new approach" would partially* consist of :

Looking at existing laws and regulations and seeing just what works and doesn't...Perhaps keeping those that work and getting rid of those that don't...

Enforcing of the laws and regulations that we already have in place...

Better communication channels , so information is not "lost" between agencies , regarding things like a Background Check...

A re-vamping of our mental health system...
The , to best we can , taking away the stigma of mental health issues , and those who seek help ...

A long , hard look , at just why : I am angry , I need to hurt or kill someone ..
Seems to be an acceptable answer to what ails someone ...and why it is is accepted at some levels of society...

A non-political , elective , free or low cost firearms class...
A class that just focuses on :
Safe firearm handling...
Firearms ID...
How a Firearm works...
Basic Ballistics...

*Sorry for the long answer...and I say partially here , just 'cause my thoughts here change , depending on the situation and when a new idea forms....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top