JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We're being told to sell more, make more, buy more, eat more, spend more, etc., all in an effort to line someone else's pocket and all at the expense of the land that's supposed to house the next generations of our family
Kinda makes ya wonder about the inscriptions on the Georgia Guidestones.....

Any farmer will tell you that the earth will provide more than enough bounty as long as you respect the land and take care of it.

I think our thirst for unlimited growth has disrupted that harmony and we're paying the price.

You can call it climate change or whatever you want, but it's clear that humanity is taking a wrecking ball to our natural resources in the 20th/21st centuries.

It took us from the creation of homosapiens 300,000 years ago to the year ~1800 to reach 1 billion humans. It only took 123 years to go from 1 billion to 2 billion in world population. The next billion only took 33 years. Since then another billion has been added every ~13 years getting us to the 7.8 billion we're at right now.

We're being told to sell more, make more, buy more, eat more, spend more, etc., all in an effort to line someone else's pocket and all at the expense of the land that's supposed to house the next generations of our family.
Hm-m-m. It seems that every drop of water that has ever existed is still here. Trees are a renewable resource. There was more "greenhouse" gas from the buffalo herds then there is today. Etc, and so on. Resources must be consumed in order for mankind to thrive. I realize that there is a segment of our population that wants us to go back to the Stone Age, but I don't want to. The earth is very capable of having billions more people thriving on all the continents, so your statistical data sounds more like propaganda than actual facts. Don't be an alarmist. God's still in charge.

The earth is very capable of having billions more people thriving on all the continents, so your statistical data sounds more like propaganda than actual facts. Don't be an alarmist. God's still in charge.
How many billions more are you talking about? I don't really think continually adding billions more people is a great idea. Ask most people here and they'll tell you we're already too crowded.

So, there IS Tonapha in Az, color me shocked! :D:p
I avoid the dessert, something about a bunch of deployments in the sand box kinda grates at me, plus I got medical issues from it, the heat will kill my arse deadder then dead!

So, there IS Tonapha in Az, color me shocked! :D:p
I avoid the dessert, something about a bunch of deployments in the sand box kinda grates at me, plus I got medical issues from it, the heat will kill my arse deadder then dead!
I understand your aversion to the Sonoran desert. I was stationed down the road at 29 Palms, for a while. Personally, I love the desert. There's just something about no water, snakes, dead drug mules and sharp pokey things that just thrill me.

How many billions more are you talking about? I don't really think continually adding billions more people is a great idea. Ask most people here and they'll tell you we're already too crowded.
The earth's ability to sustain many more people should not be in dispute. Frankly, I don't care what "most" people think because my education and life experience has shown me that simply because a group is in the majority, doesn't mean they are right.

Having many times worked on white rooftops on a hot sunny day, I'm not all that certain painting streets white as a means to circumvent thermodynamic laws is the answer.
I find it funny that we went from Global Cooling, to Global Warming and now that both have been debunked its "Climate Change "

For anyone that cares to look it up , it's actually a few degrees cooler right now than it was when the Roman Empire held sway over the civilized world .

Also keep in mind that we've only had accurate climatological data being recorded scientifically for less than 200 years and carbon dating is not as accurate as many who embrace human climate change theory love to say it is.

Say it with me folks interglacial period , we are in one and during that time glaciers recede. It's not cow farts or other nonsense destroying the planet. Our climate is dynamic and is constantly in a state of change.

On another note ....

Who here beside me is old enough to remember being told in school as a lad that we were on the precipice of a new ice age and we were all going to be buried under ice caps by the 2000's ?

Who here is old enough to remember being told in school in the 1970's that we would run out of fossil fuels in less than 100 years ?

Funny that there is now lots of credible evidence to point to the fact that fossil fuels do not come from fossils after all and that they continue to be made by the earth as part of its geological dynamics and we keep discovering new proven reserves all over the world...

Scientific understanding improves with improved technology, thats why you were told those things as a kid. Scientists can do and study thing now, that could barely be imagined just 30-40 years ago. You are right in that the climate is always changing. Heck you are right in that we are in-between ice ages too, geologically speaking, since our continents are seperated and breaking up bodies of water into our many oceans, (as opposed to Pangea), its easier for local glaciers/ice sheets to form due to reduced thermal circulation abilities of the ocean, disipating thermal imbalences from our Sun at the equator.

BUT the Roman climate time period that you mentioned was due to a volcanic eruption that reduced solar radiation from reaching earth, and isn't a great example to compare to modern cobditions. Thats called "cherry picked data." And Carbon dating isnt the primary way scientists are figuring out old climatatic conditions, or looking at 200 year old data, its ice core samples, and gaseous concentrations of the bubbles within those samples. The Earth logs info for us, at the benefit of no human error and bias, you kust have to know how to read it. The climate is changing, and it has been here before, but it hasn't been at modern levels for at least 800,000 years. Most likely millions of years. Critters and plants RIGHT NOW are not evolved to the climatic conditions that we have found ourselves in. Its bigger than just C02, we are talking quite a few extinctions of wild species simply from average warmer temperatures alone. Plants cannot as easily migrate with changing temperatures, some critters can. What depends on plants? Everything else thats alive. Extinction rates are easy to find using principals of stratigraphy, and right now they are occuring faster than anything ever seen in geologly (with the eception of a few mass dino extinctions, most likely from metiorite impacts). Geologically speaking the earth could care less about climate change, and its going to be fine, but biologically speaking we need to pay attention.

And fossil fuels do come from fossils, but primarily that of plants, critters would make only a tiny fraction of it. The chemical energy in our fuel is nothing more than stored energy in the form of Carbon-Carbon bonds, due to stored energy from photosynthesis, from plants, mainly trees, that grew millions of years ago. The key aspect is that fungus evolved the ability to break down lignin AFTER trees and most plants grew, not at the same time, but slightly lagged. This allowed a massive amount of stored chemical energy to build up over time, and essentially get compacted until fungus evolved the ability to decompose what was on the surface and put tgat same Carbon vack into the atmosphere. So no, fossil fuels are not being replenished back into the earth like they once were. Fungus have the ability now to break down woody debri before it can accumulate on a massive scale.

And if you really want to get a little spooked, start looking into ocean current circulation. Climate affects how oceans circulate, along with salt content levels. Start dumping tons of fresh water the globally melting ice into the ocean, and you are desaliniating our oceans. Oceans keep many regions of our earth cool, or warm, with their high thermconductivity. Billions of people might not care too much about a few degrees Celcius change of our atmosphere, but if ocean currents change that keep many parts of our earth warm by bringing warm equitorial waters (like Europe, and specifically Britian), we could have entire regious drastically shift local climate simply from ocean currents alone. Its a huge intrrconnected system that we are speeding up way faster than nature would on its own.

I have been saying this for about - well all my life now.

Simply compare the unknown gazillions of gallons of oil that has been pumped out of the ground in the last 150 +/- years to all the 'fossils' that have been found. The numbers don't quite add up.

Most fossils are found relatively close to the surface. Oil is uh, usually found a bit deeper.

How about the oil found beneath the bottom of the sea floor? How did the 'fossils' get there?

I read a while back (well quite a while) there is evidence to suggest oil fields are being replenished naturally.

Bottom line ? If there was a limited supply it would have no doubt been used up already, or in extremely short supply.

When I was in high school we were told there was only a 50 year supply of oil left. That was nearly 60 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Every picture I see of this person makes me think that she's trying to secretly squeak out a fart...
You know, if we just quit trying to hold them in and instead celebrated their expulsion, the world would be a better place. I think that fart suppression is responsible for a lot of unhappiness in the world today!

When you think about it , there is really a lot of mental gymnastics that were undertaken to advance the idea that what has powered, factories, cars and made rocks for your scotch all came from fossilized lizards ...

Makes you wonder exactly how many dinosaurs these "scientists" think actually roamed the earth to have made up the hundreds of billions of barrels of oil that have been extracted ...

Fossil fuels are 99.99999% from the Carbon-Carbon bonds of fossilized PLANTS! Imagine a wildfire. What percentage of that biomass is critters lighting on fire? Not much.

Hm-m-m. It seems that every drop of water that has ever existed is still here. Trees are a renewable resource. There was more "greenhouse" gas from the buffalo herds then there is today. Etc, and so on. Resources must be consumed in order for mankind to thrive. I realize that there is a segment of our population that wants us to go back to the Stone Age, but I don't want to. The earth is very capable of having billions more people thriving on all the continents, so your statistical data sounds more like propaganda than actual facts. Don't be an alarmist. God's still in charge.
I disagree. "Billions more people thriving on all the continents"??? We can't feed or cloth all those existing today, much less make them thrive. "Billions more on all continents" will stretch fresh water supplies to the breaking point (some areas are at that point now). Dreadful wars will break out in the not to distant future -for food, water, and other basic resources. And very possibly could blow us "back to the stone age"- or even farther- into extinction.
And, don't blame The Almighty for what mankind does. Your "personal God" doesnt seem to much care what "we" do with our free will. Speaking as a student of human history, I'd like to believe that the Divine actually cares about "us", but mostly see very little sign of it. This is one BIG reason I believe in armed self-defense and the Right of The PEOPLE to keep and bear arms... I pity the fool who cannot or will not take arms in defense of himself, family, and ideals.

You know, if we just quit trying to hold them in and instead celebrated their expulsion, the world would be a better place. I think that fart suppression is responsible for a lot of unhappiness in the world today!
Well, I know I'm certainly doing my part for a happier world! :D

Last Edited:
The suggestion that oil is a result of decomposed fossils has never been proven scientifically and is nothing more than a hypothesis with little to no support or following.

Fossil fuels are the exact opposite, non decomposed fossils, primarily plants, that still contain stored energy in the form of Carbon-Carbon bonds that were formed from stored energy through photosynthesis. A tiny, tiny fraction of what is in your gas tank was ince a shellfish or dino, or bird, the insane vast majority is processed anchient plant matter.

Vivoleum is the answer

I disagree. "Billions more people thriving on all the continents"??? We can't feed or cloth all those existing today, much less make them thrive. "Billions more on all continents" will stretch fresh water supplies to the breaking point (some areas are at that point now). Dreadful wars will break out in the not to distant future -for food, water, and other basic resources. And very possibly could blow us "back to the stone age"- or even farther- into extinction.
And, don't blame The Almighty for what mankind does. Your "personal God" doesnt seem to much care what "we" do with our free will. Speaking as a student of human history, I'd like to believe that the Divine actually cares about "us", but see very little sign of it. This is one BIG reason I believe in armed self-defense and the Right of The PEOPLE to keep and bear arms... I pity the fool who cannot or will not take arms in defense of himself, family, and ideals.
Well, we've reached an impasse here and I choose not to spend anymore time on the subject.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads