JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Pet peeve - bicyclists, until you start paying annual vehicle registration, decide which set of made up rules you want to obey on the streets, get insurance, just go away.
+1 x 1,000 :s0155:

No respect for bicyclists at all, because they have none for anyone else. You have no idea what kind of squirrelly crap they are going to do.

No respect for bicyclists at all, because they have none for anyone else. You have no idea what kind of squirrelly crap they are going to do.

No sir the argument you just presented is a hasty generalization. While there are undoubtedly cyclists that have no respect for the rules of the road there are more than a few drivers of cars that do not have respect for those same rules nor do they tend to make sure they fully understand them.

I have witnessed ample examples of both almost daily for 5 years here in Oregon.

Keep in mind many of those same cyclists that you deride as being scofflaws also own cars .

I have nothing against bicyclists in general and I'm happy to share the road with them. The problem with too many of them is they think they own the road and act as if they don't have to follow traffic laws. Sure motorists violate traffic laws plenty but not nearly to the extent that bicyclists do. Now, there are some very serious cyclists out there that do it right every time and stay safe...you know who you are! On the other end of the spectrum there are lots of "people on bikes" I have encountered as an LEO that are on bikes because there driver's license is suspended or they are felons or multiple DUII offenders... They tend to bring the same bad road habits to the bike that they always had!

Before the mods come in here and start waggin' fingers, I just wanna post this:
Thread drift.gif

Funny that there is now lots of credible evidence to point to the fact that fossil fuels do not come from fossils after all and that they continue to be made by the earth as part of its geological dynamics and we keep discovering new proven reserves all over the world...

Yeah,, I remember reading about a scientific team from Sweden that was doing exploration work in South America about 15 years ago, (maybe longer).
Their conclusion was that the Earth was producing oil and internal pressure was pushing the oil towards the surface.
Of course they were laughed at and ridiculed by the greater community.
Their findings did not match the accepted narrative.
With todays technical advances oil is being found all over the world in places that in the past were thought of as "They'll never find oil here".

Yeah,, I remember reading about a scientific team from Sweden that was doing exploration work in South America about 15 years ago, (maybe longer).
Their conclusion was that the Earth was producing oil and internal pressure was pushing the oil towards the surface.
Of course they were laughed at and ridiculed by the greater community.
Their findings did not match the accepted narrative.
With todays technical advances oil is being found all over the world in places that in the past were thought of as "They'll never find oil here".

When you think about it , there is really a lot of mental gymnastics that were undertaken to advance the idea that what has powered, factories, cars and made rocks for your scotch all came from fossilized lizards ...

Makes you wonder exactly how many dinosaurs these "scientists" think actually roamed the earth to have made up the hundreds of billions of barrels of oil that have been extracted ...

When you think about it , there is really a lot of mental gymnastics that were undertaken to advance the idea that what has powered, factories, cars and made rocks for your scotch all came from fossilized lizards ...

Makes you wonder exactly how many dinosaurs these "scientists" think actually roamed the earth to have made up the hundreds of billions of barrels of oil that have been extracted ...
It didnt all come from dinos- by far most was created during the "Carboniferous Period" a time of lush jungle growth across the planet for millions of years. We still find fossil imprints in coal beds. Seen em myself. Plants mostly.

It didnt all come from dinos- by far most was created during the "Carboniferous Period" a time of lush jungle growth across the planet for millions of years. We still find fossil imprints in coal beds. Seen em myself. Plants mostly.

I have seen this as well, however I still have doubts that what has amounted to well over 200 years of carbon based fuels powering 2 industrial revolutions and the age of the internet came from dead plants and animals which many scientists have claimed over the last several decades was a non renewable resource.

The last ice ended because "climate changed". It has been changing in this direction ever since the last ice ended.

Edit: and yes, I too had an 80 VW Rabbit. That was one fun car to drive.
Edit: Lost my virginity in that car.
Edit: Wait, that wasn't me....

I have been saying this for about - well all my life now.

Simply compare the unknown gazillions of gallons of oil that has been pumped out of the ground in the last 150 +/- years to all the 'fossils' that have been found. The numbers don't quite add up.

Most fossils are found relatively close to the surface. Oil is uh, usually found a bit deeper.

How about the oil found beneath the bottom of the sea floor? How did the 'fossils' get there?

I read a while back (well quite a while) there is evidence to suggest oil fields are being replenished naturally.

Bottom line ? If there was a limited supply it would have no doubt been used up already, or in extremely short supply.
I believe that the idea that crude oil is somehow dissolved dinosaurs has been largely disproven by researchers and engineers. There is some evidence that crude oil is very plentiful and replenished by chemistry taking place in the earth's mantle.

The last ice ended because "climate changed". It has been changing in this direction ever since the last ice ended.

Edit: and yes, I too had an 80 VW Rabbit. That was one fun car to drive.
Edit: Lost my virginity in that car.
Edit: Wait, that wasn't me....
I recently read a great article about the core drillings that have been done in the Antarctic. The cores have proven that the Antarctic was once very temperate.

Save this if you can before it gets deleted!! Evidence of arson is being covered up, my posts keep getting removed and they threatened to ban me if I mention politics again. Who's this guy? Someone needs to track him down and ask him some questions. He IS wearing a hoodie over his head like the guy in the video. How did he identify the gas can and torch so quickly if this just happened? How was he able to get up so close without any conflict?? Lots of questions that need answers. Did he just show that guy the video to appear like he was innocent as he was leaving the scene of the crime? He seems a little too proud of something he "witnessed". We've all met guys like Mr. finger tattoos. Black hoodie or blue hoodie in front of a bright background? Blue looks like black when there are flames behind it.

Your posts were deleted for breaking forum rules, nothing more.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads