JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Had to cross the street barefoot the other day, burnt the heck out of my feet. Got me thinking. 4 million miles of roads, say they average 52 feet wide. That's 40 thousand square miles of asphalt, soaking up and retaining heat, every day. Factor in large metropolitan areas as large "heat banks". That's just the USA.
i took liberty with miles of roads, it's higher, and with average width, to make the math easier, it's likely a larger number.

(A good argument for the flying cars we were promised)

And guess where they take their temperature readings for their fake global warming numbers? Directly on top of the asphalt. ClimateGate shed light on this

i for one am not looking forward to that day. I see how bad people are at driving in 2d, i cant imagine the bubblegum show them driving in 3d would be

Well documented is the increase of temps in large metropolitan areas. The documentation was done in the '60s. I wonder what the comparison would be in those same geographical areas that have now succumbed to development and increased population with all of it 'enhancements'?

Altitude being the third dimension in flying cars.

When I was 17 I jumped my VW Rabbit over some railroad tracks. I flew quite a distance at altitude and blew all 4 tires when I landed.

Does that count? :D

Had to cross the street barefoot the other day, burnt the heck out of my feet. Got me thinking. 4 million miles of roads, say they average 52 feet wide. That's 40 thousand square miles of asphalt, soaking up and retaining heat, every day. Factor in large metropolitan areas as large "heat banks". That's just the USA.
i took liberty with miles of roads, it's higher, and with average width, to make the math easier, it's likely a larger number.

(A good argument for the flying cars we were promised)
I am of the (unsolicited) opinion that global warming is better than global cooling and that we can't expect the world to stay the same for us forever.

Regarding your road conundrum: Los Angeles is painting some of its streets white and the reasons why are pretty cool

I grew up in Phoenix and it's been sprawling for awhile but I've noticed a change in the last 30 years. My parent's house was once considered on the edge of the city and now that edge is miles away.

Nights aren't as cool where they're at nor do they get as much rain as the outskirts. The heat island effect is exactly that: the city puts out so much heat that the rain doesn't condense enough to fall over the city...the clouds just float on by.

It definitely affects local weather and climate. For the worse, IMO.

Just wanted to let you all I've been testing a solution that looks like it's working.

As soon as it gets hot outside I start all four of my vehicles, open the doors, and turn the AC on full blast. It takes a while, but after several hours it truly DOES get cooler, and it even lasts all night!!!

And guess where they take their temperature readings for their fake global warming numbers? Directly on top of the asphalt. ClimateGate shed light on this
Less rain fall, deserts growing, glaciers disappearing, it's pretty hard to deny something is going on. Other than for finger pointing causation isn't constructive. Mitigating the effects would be constructive, concentrating on what can be done rather than supporting conspiracy theory nutbars.
The story about sealing streets in L.A. makes sense, it likely stops the asphalt from outgassing too, improving air quality to a minor degree.

The same people that push climate change theories won't let the forests be maintained to reduce the fuel load or thin them properly

I drove a Rabbit for a while-- how did you get yours going fast enough to jump anything???

Really steep incline/decline for the tracks. The county actually filled in some on each side years ago because people were catching air that didn't want to.

I DID want to. Buying 4 new tires wasn't exactly what I was going for though. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads