JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd have to watch it again with the sound up. But I can't see a reason to stand in front of the dead guy's truck when he could have just parked the car in his way.
I think he didn't block him in because the original contact was to tell him to leave as he has been trespassed many times (according to the mall cop)

That was NOT a clean shoot. At least not in my opinion. And I'd say the same if it was a LEO behind the gun.

I for one am extremely critical of LE and how they conduct themselves. I am not one that applauds every LEO and what they do.
Well he did only hit the driver. Kind of shocked he did not get both of them in his panic. So he did "cleanly" manage to actually only hit what he shot at. Given the panic he was in it could have been FAR worse.
Decades back a security Co here had an office where a customer was across the street from them. One guard coming back see's a door open over there. So he tells the dispatcher he is going to go check it out. Soon he has not come out so dispatcher goes in. Now another guard comes to the office, sees the door so he goes in. Now all 3 of them are walking around in the place guns out. They come around a corner and run into each other and open up. Lucky for them they were only armed with 6 shooters as they managed to not hit each other. I would have loved to be there in the morning when they had to explain to the owner of the building why there was now 18 bullet holes in the place. :s0140:

He was doing a job. There have been many situations where a Leo didn't have to escalate but did and didn't get charged. The dude didn't just run up and shoot the guy. He was informing them that they were trespassing and asking them to leave. Didn't even draw his weapon until he was lunged at with a vehicle. Didn't even shoot it till the second time he was lunged at.

If you can watch that video and honestly say that he deserved to be convicted of murder then im sorry but in all respect you're an idiot.

I'm not saying the guy showed any sort of professionalism or anything, but this could happen to anybody and with how bad the judicial system is on the west coast this means basically anybody defending themselves is guaranteed to go to prision
If you can watch that video and really believe what you just said? You need to NEVER own a gun.

I mean I know a lot of us want to make fun of mall cops (and most cops in general) but when you say "Paul Blart gets what's coming to him" I mean.... the video footage shows a pretty clean shooting. I mean yeah the dude is fat and loud and holds his gun as you'd expect a Lowes security guard to hold it, but damn if this SAME footage was off a LEOs body cam all you boot lickers would be like GOOD SHOOT GOOD SHOOT!

Dude has been trespassed many times before. Dude lurched a 4k pound vehicle towards the shooter, twice.

The fact that this mall cop got convicted of murder should really make EVERY one of you who carries a gun in Portland very nervous. Because that was a f'ing clean shoot.
I said it and I stand by it.

Sheesh thank God when I defended my life it wasn't left up to the people on this thread to decide if it was justified or not ha! Glad it was in a state full of normal thinking ppl.

Sheesh thank God when I defended my life it wasn't left up to the people on this thread to decide if it was justified or not ha! Glad it was in a state full of normal thinking ppl.
Nobody is asking you to stay.

See? I can insult too. Let's stop with them.

On topic please.

I just got back from a vacation that took me through stops in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Washington.
Portland is more aggressive and unfriendly than the places I stopped at.

P.S. I caught some nice fish.

You can't keep telling someone they need to leave and then block them from leaving and expect good results. It appears 12 other people agree with this. You can't (as in the prosecuting attorney and jury) look at a sliver of a moment when the vehicle was moving toward the security guy (after he told the guy to leave, sprayed him so his vision now sucks, turns the wheels in a direction to leave and then stands in front of his exit point) when the entire rest of the video is a fecal matinee because the security officer let them get under his skin.

If you are operating in this fringe area and things go really south (like they did) sucks to be you. At some point the little voice needs to say, "Am I going to escalate this situation to the point where I'm pointing a gun at someone all over a trespass?" At the end of the video he kept telling them what they did wrong, as if he was needing to verbally justify his actions. This is not normal.

It truly depends on the scenario and multiple other elements whether I would interject myself or not. I won't set my actions in concrete one way or another. I'll just do my best to prepare mentally, physically and emotionally for what may unfold in front of me or within a close proximity to me.
It does. And a person can go lights out incredibly fast too.. within seconds. It just seemed like there was chatter that keeping a hold for 3 minutes proves murder intent. Until you've actually choked someone out.. you cant really appreciate the dynamics involved.

Some instructors teach also to maintain the hold for 30sec after movement has stopped. A light blackout also has a very quick recovery time... which for obvious reasons... isn't typically idea when you're dealing with someone homicidal. 10seconds recovery might be enough to throw cold water on someone just being belligerent, but of no real threat... YMMV :s0155:

These widely publicized cases put the shooter up on some kind of 2A pedestal for some people. It's weird.
I don't think that has one single thing to do with it. It's simply a societal construct to be more socially minded and having a sense of obligation. I think that's what's been lost... any sense of societal obligation and the community no longer holds value to most.

I also have no doubt that the people that swear they would never intervene but would sure be grateful as all heck if their loved one happened to be out and about without them and some good Samaritan stepped up and saved their lives. Just as equally resentful to later learn there was a guy 10ft away with his firearm that had a completely clean shot, but decided "your" family wasn't worth it... so... your loved one is now in a cold grave.

What does a person say then? "I really appreciate you saving them, but... I wouldn't have wanted you too and really should have." Or, "that's okay buddy. I get you! I wouldn't have saved your family either, sh*t happens and life goes on without them, anyway."🤣

Kind of like those folks that say they are ashiest, a passivist that don't believe in guns and marched for "defund the police".

Right up until armed persons enter their home threatening their family that is. Then... the first thing they do is call someone with a gun (the police), hope they shoot quick to put the targets down... then pray to God they get there in time.🤣

Nice ideals to toss around in your heads, but are being entirely dishonest with themselves, IMHO.

Food for thought.

You can't keep telling someone they need to leave and then block them from leaving and expect good results. It appears 12 other people agree with this. You can't (as in the prosecuting attorney and jury) look at a sliver of a moment when the vehicle was moving toward the security guy (after he told the guy to leave, sprayed him so his vision now sucks, turns the wheels in a direction to leave and then stands in front of his exit point) when the entire rest of the video is a fecal matinee because the security officer let them get under his skin.

If you are operating in this fringe area and things go really south (like they did) sucks to be you. At some point the little voice needs to say, "Am I going to escalate this situation to the point where I'm pointing a gun at someone all over a trespass?" At the end of the video he kept telling them what they did wrong, as if he was needing to verbally justify his actions. This is not normal.
Listen to the way the guard is talking. Not just his panic but the words he is using. In his fantasy the parking lot was his property and he was king. Its no surprise he managed to murder someone. He was an accident going someplace to happen.He wanted to be in authority and of course no department would touch him after talking to him. Well he hit the big time now and will have a VERY hard time in prison.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top