JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, if you let your cookies persist and so on, your google search history (and probably that of many other search engines) will influence your results. They do this to make the results more relevant to what you are searching for in subsequent searches.

You can go "incognito" with many browsers, and you can take further steps to anonymize your searching and browsing.

However, this doesn't mean that what you post here cannot be found by others. It can, and very easily. It doesn't have to be that way, but the incentive for most commercialized forum owners is to allow easy searching to bring traffic to the forum.

as I understand it, so correct me if I'm wrong but...

The search you do on your computer is not the same search anyone else does. Its highly influenced by your web history, settings, and cookies etc. If you Google your NWFA ad you will find your ad probably near the top. Not the same for someone else who's never visited the site. Try deleting your cookies, history and all other content then see what search results you get. Also, if you use Google Chrome browser and do anything while logged into Google (gmail, Google+, Picasa, Panoramio), Google keeps a cookie and history log on their servers that does NOT show up in your browser history. I think this is also true if you search from any other browser while logged into Google. Its not easy to find, but you can delete all Google server history.

If you don't want your web searches to be tracked use the search engine duckduckgo.com.

Ultimately, anything you put on the web can be found later even if you delete it. It never really goes away it just gets harder to search and find.

Lastly, your not really "posting" here your publishing. Im not really certain I understand the legalities but when we participate in a forum such as this its easy to view it as a conversation similar to a live conversation in person. But in reality its not, its forever "published" and thus searchable and yes you are liable for everything you say or post.

This is why I have no Google accounts, do not accept cookies, and do not use any Google applications.

My original post, whilst seemingly painting naivety was not without merit. I have always known, You and I (unlike IRS employees) may never hide a single character posted on line. But the wealth of information to be sifted through from form both the helpful and snarky I find invaluable and enlightening and relevant even though all here that already in tune likely are going DUH!. Most of my miffidness (Its my post so my word) stems from ease of access. Its like nothing is safe in my car but locking the doors and having an alarm go a long way towards prevention.
The Heretic has confirmed the site it's self has an opportunity Provide increased containment. Koda placed the seed stock to pursue avenues of filters and house cleaning I never thought about. I learned Flopsweat has a handsome Grandmother. In fact I've learned something from most of the post here. I thank all for that though I'm still a long way from being a computer Geek. If nothing else, the adage you can't teach an old dog new tricks has been debunked!

This is why I have no Google accounts, do not accept cookies, and do not use any Google applications.

Yeah, that won't make any difference, understand that people using the term 'google' are just using a generic term rather than being company specific. Avoiding google really has little to no affect on what you're trying to achieve.

Yeah, that won't make any difference, understand that people using the term 'google' are just using a generic term rather than being company specific. Avoiding google really has little to no affect on what you're trying to achieve.
Generic term modernized and if you will, bastardized. I was born in the waning years of Barney Google definitely not as sinister.
Its all Snuffy Smith's fault for running Barney off the Strip!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top