JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My grail gun is due to be delivered within the next few months...

p2ogscvjsc881.jpg

I have been blessed that I have been able to buy most guns that I want. At the beginning of the year, I thought I was done buying guns, but here I've purchased two this week alone, and four thus far this year.

My bucket list lately is for a good Bridgeport style mill and a lathe. That would require me to have the space to land them. Space is on the agenda.

Older S&W revolvers is what I'm into now. Most other categories I have what I want. I'm a sucker for the older variants. I love the idea of a combat revolver.
I have been collecting some old blued Smiths lately too. This holy grail caught my eye lately. 627-PC Hunter.
Did not know they existed. This was a very heavy barreled 6 1/2" slab sided revolver. It was Mag-Na-Ported
from the factory had a weaver base integral in the barrel design as well as a hidden weight system that
allowed the weight and balance of the firearm to be customized by the owner. 8 shot Lew Horton special.
300 of them produced in 1997.
1708235692829.png

Not expensive , but not likely to own , due to Washington's dumbazz laws and FFL fees for a private sale...
A Remington 511 .22LR rifle...I have a 510 and 512...and would love a 511.
They're out there. One day lately when I went into my fave local pawn shop to pick up a purchase, the owner said, "I just took this one in, you might be interested in it." It was a Remington Model 511x. With old-timey Bushnell rimfire scope. With spare magazine, $200. Knowing that those little banana-shaped magazines can get expensive, I figured the outfit was worth the money.

Barrel code N, made in 1966. I looked at magazines for sale, they cost $30 to $50 apiece online. This was made when Rem. was using that weird little elevation dial on the rear sight of .22 rifles. I had a Nylon 66 years ago with that type on it. The front sight has that profile that Rem. used on some of their slightly spacy- looking centerfires like the Model 600.

PC230317.JPG

I have a couple of highwalls and ruger #1s but for some reason I am fascinated by my two NEF Handi rifles. I have one in 280 remington that shoots under an inch at 100 yards consistently and a 243 that may become a 358 winchester if I can't get groups to shrink. I really like single shots.

I really like single shots.
The other day, on Gunbroker I missed an NEF Handi Rifle in .243 for what turned out to be a decent price. I lost track of time. Like so many listings, it ended at 6:00PM on a Sunday. That's dinner time at the Merkt's. I guess that's why some bidders bid ahead up to a number they are comfortable with. Fire and forget. Then you don't miss out through inattention. I'm still thinking about the Henry Single Shot in .243 to eliminate the auction and shipping hassle.

8 shot model 27s? I could not be trusted to own one of these. I would shoot it.
In 2006 Lew Horton came back and offered blue steel 8 shot Registered Magnums in 3 1/2" and 5". 350 of each were produced. In 2007 nickel versions of both Registered Magnums were introduced, 250 of each barrel length were manufactured. Below is a picture of all six variations of carbon steel, 8 shot model 27s. Each of the six revolvers in the picture has the same number and the set remains unfired since leaving the factory.
1708236630152.png

Unlikely I'll be able to get many of the remaining items on my list while the AWB is in effect, but some of them are:

FN FS2000 with classic optic
Steyr STG77 reissue (3x version, unrailed optic)
Sites Spectre HC / "Falcon"
UZI Model A
M1A SOCOM
SIG 556
Bushmaster M17S

Also, if someone ever makes a closed bolt semi version of the Walther MPL, that would be on the list as well.

It must just be me but that darn bucket doesn't have a bottom … it's like the hydra take one head and two replace it . I'm losing ground 🤷‍♂️….. but since you ask ,, one of the old smiths . 1917 … 624 … or a colt cobra carry or king cobra carry … or … or… or…

They're out there. One day lately when I went into my fave local pawn shop to pick up a purchase, the owner said, "I just took this one in, you might be interested in it." It was a Remington Model 511x. With old-timey Bushnell rimfire scope. With spare magazine, $200. Knowing that those little banana-shaped magazines can get expensive, I figured the outfit was worth the money.

Barrel code N, made in 1966. I looked at magazines for sale, they cost $30 to $50 apiece online. This was made when Rem. was using that weird little elevation dial on the rear sight of .22 rifles. I had a Nylon 66 years ago with that type on it. The front sight has that profile that Rem. used on some of their slightly spacy- looking centerfires like the Model 600.

View attachment 1825294
Nice rifle for sure...and a good find.

It's not that they are not out there.....granted they ain't as common as they once were.
It is the hassle of all the BS and fees to do the purchasing of it legally with a private sale.

Buying from an FFL , I would do if I could find a 511 on the rack....:D
Not so common any more where I live...Just have to keep my eyes open.

Replacement magazines , albeit not factory , but quality working ones can found at
www.sladestreettactical.com
While pricey....they do work well...bought 4 for my Savage 19/33 NRA rifle.
An

FOREVER, I really wanted a Tommy gun. Not a dual pistol gripped Gangster/FBI style, but an honest to God, fighting M1 like the GIs carried.
@jbett98 let me scratch the itch a few years ago and I'll be eternally grateful. Shooting his gun made me realize that a new, long barreled semi auto version wouldn't cut it for me.
If I ever win the lottery, an M1 would be the gun I would track down.
The only other gun that I have lusted for is a 4" blued Python. I'd still like one, but I already have a couple of safe queens, and I'm not much for safe queens.

Only a couple guns/builds are on my list at this point. Don't know that I can really call them grail guns though. Fortunately these are WA legal still.

New 45-70 SBL
Ruger Alaskan 44mag
8.6blk bolt gun, most likely a build.
.22 RPR with AB suppressor MELB barrel.

I'm mainly focusing on suppressors at this point. Got 3 in jail at the moment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top