JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bucket list...

Super expensive and most likely one I will never own....
Original 1840's -1860's era Hawken Rifle.

Expensive , but likely to own...
A light weight 20 gauge over under or side x side for grouse.
Or a quality pump action 20 gauge for grouse , that can use steel shot if needed.

Not expensive , but not likely to own , due to Washington's dumbazz laws and FFL fees for a private sale...
A Remington 511 .22LR rifle...I have a 510 and 512...and would love a 511.
Andy

Last Edited:
My bucket list is as many more revolvers as I can squeeze into the safe(s), oh and a Desert Eagle in 44,357, and 50. Oh, and a really nice bench gun that is more capable than I am, I'm tired of all my rifles holding my small groups back. I know I'm capable of .2 MOA every time so I'm certain it's all of my current rifle's faults, so they need to be replaced :D

Nothing in the way of a bucket list any more. That answer would have been different some years back, but I've hit all the main points now. Kicking around a project or two, of course, but not a high priority.

If I ever was to win the lotto my first buy would be another M3. Would of course also have to include move to a free state. Last I looked you can buy a decent car for what a transferable one goes for now but I would have to have another one. Especially if I could also of course buy some property where I could shoot it on my own place. :D

I'd say the measure 114 threads had some of that as a focus.

I'd eventually obtain these but I'll most likely fail to buy them in time with what's to be impending legislation next year.. so I'll stick to the more practical and affordable firearms on my buy list. But these are the top top ones I want that would help my collection feel "complete" even if that's before I lustfully find a new firearm to chase.

*MP5 clone
*FAL variant
*PSL

I'd also say an affordable 50bmg too but I have a feeling the ammo and 50 cal rifles will be regulated out of supply and ownership. So even if I got one, ammo will be either insanely expensive or unobtainable.. so it's not practical as a purchase (for me).. but it would be cool to get one.

Older S&W revolvers is what I'm into now. Most other categories I have what I want. I'm a sucker for the older variants. I love the idea of a combat revolver.

I already got my real bucket list guns years ago. They were an M1 Garand and a Barrett M82A1 .50cal. Everything else has been a for fun gun.

A gun I'd really LIKE to have it's a Chey Tac M200 Intervention in .375, however I don't think that's realistically going to happen.

I'd also say an affordable 50bmg too but I have a feeling the ammo and 50 cal rifles will be regulated out of supply and ownership. So even if I got one, ammo will be either insanely expensive or unobtainable.. so it's not practical as a purchase (for me).. but it would be cool to get one.
About $3/round or so on sale right now. That's pretty reasonable and you could keep the brass and roll your own. Also, could be converted to .416 Barrett with just a barrel swap if regulated out of existence. Totally doable.

I have the bolt action and single shot rifles I want. I would like some day to get a couple side by side rifles in 450/400 Nitro and one in 9.374r. Can't afford them but want them. Then I would start on my shotgun collection. Too many guns so little time and money.

If I ever wom a great deal of money such as a lottery. One of my fantasy 's is going to Griffin and Howe and cleaning them out. Don't thinks it's going to happen in this life time.

About $3/round or so on sale right now. That's pretty reasonable and you could keep the brass and roll your own. Also, could be converted to .416 Barrett with just a barrel swap if regulated out of existence. Totally doable.
Very true. Currently it's certainly affordable to get into, I was simply concerned about availability down the road.. they seem to be really fixated on 50bmg in some of these AWB bills.

Okay, it looks like we've got it going now. Maybe we should change the title of the thread?

Well, I downsized several years ago. Many of the guns that were at one time on my "bucket list" went away during that phase. Which I don't regret. But since then, I've gotten back into an acquisition phase. A main difference between then and now, I don't lust for expensive or fancy iron now. Basic quality, yes. I just want stuff I can have fun with. I did buy a Ruger No. 1 which was more costly than my current ethic calls for. But mostly my recently acquired things have tended to be more simple and basic. And no semi-autos.

One thing I bought lately that was a mistake was a shotgun / rifle combo in 20 ga. / .243. I had to make it go away. But I still want a .243 Win. The right used piece hasn't come along yet. One new gun in .243 that I've thought about is a Henry Single Shot. I've got two of those already, which I like. They are very well made, much nicer than the old NEF Handi Rifles. I'd like the steel frame with sights. They are a $500 touch, but anymore, that isn't all that much money. I'd rather have one of those than a base model, plastic stock Winchester/Ruger/Savage bolt action in the same price range.

Some of the things I've bought lately have been targets of opportunity, not on a wish list.

Tomorrow, I get to pick up my new to me Ruger Police Service Six .357. I'll post pix in the "what is your latest impulse buy" thread. I wasn't looking for another .357, but there it was in the glass case. Right next to a newer but also second hand Ruger LCRx. Both cost the same amount of money. But the Police Service Six is ten times the gun the LCRx is for my purposes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top