JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How did you vent the heater?
It's made for indoor use. There are a couple of small, zippered vents near the ceiling in the Kodiak Flexbow tent that we always leave open anyway. Mainly to help with condensation. IIRC the heater even has a low oxygen shutoff. I know I had a different propane heater several years ago that I used for heating a crummy nylon shock-corded tent. It used to kinda give me a headache and probably wasn't designed for inside use so much. It didn't have a low oxygen shutoff either. Definitely wouldn't have left it running when I went to sleep. We've used the Big Buddy in our tent trailer as well as the Kodiak tent and haven't experienced any ill effects whatsoever, but I don't remember ever leaving it running overnight either. We count on our sleeping bags to keep warm while sleeping. Kodiak has some killer looking, but pricey, sleeping bags that I would probably already own if I did more cold weather camping.

The Big Buddy runs on propane. We just used the 1-pound canisters. I think there is an adapter you can get to run it off of the bigger tanks.
there is. Weve done this in my friends Kodiak Flexbow just ran the gas line out the back door zipped up around it. Toasty warm all night in nasty cold rain. Those tents are bomber.

Last Edited:
there is. Weve don't this in my friends Kodiak Flexbow just ran the gas line out the back door zipped up around it. Toasty warm all night in nasty cold rain. Those tents are bomber.
What impressed me most was the way it stood up to the gale force winds at Hart Mountain. My son couldn't stop talking about how impressed he was as well. We were afraid we might end up sleeping in the pickup canopy, and that would be a cold place to spend the night. There was a tree that blew over two campsites past ours.

Screenshot_20231030-131559~2.png

What impressed me most was the way it stood up to the gale force winds at Hart Mountain.
Ive been very impressed with the tent but the one thing I learned was its absolutely essential to have it staked down solid.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :)

1700020997859.png
On the last day of a month-long (primarily archery) hunt in Montana it was time to bust "Eric Cartman" (fattest fourth-grader on the schoolyard). Gun: Cooper Model 56 .257 Wby.
Two days later, there was 12" of snow on the ground here.

Congrats to all you guys that were successful this year for deer!!! :s0155:

I couldn't draw a tag for where I wanted to hunt, so chose to go on lotsa "short" day hunts close to Sandy (MHNF, mostly, and some BLM). Hunted a total of 8-9 days. Never saw a deer at all on public land, but 2 does on private, and more does on our little patch of property here outside of Sandy. My wife tells me that a doe rolled through our property about 2 hours after I left on my last hunt. :rolleyes: Anyway, no deer meat for us this year. :(

I did see some really weird stuff on one of my hunts. It was on Wildcat Cr. Rd., on the BLM property that is south of hwy 26 about 6 miles or so above Sandy. The story I got from a BLM rep is that there is an "unsanctioned"/informal mtn. bike trail network off this gated road heading up to the McIntyre Ridge trail. One of the mtn. bikers I spoke to on my way back to the truck said that some of the guys that use these trails want to try to "limit" the amount of use of these trails, mostly for themselves. Those mtn.bikers use these sorta prop deals to make folks think they've inadvertently stumbled into some sorta Satanic worship area in an attempt to scare off others. I have Christ as my Saviour, and a rifle with me, so I wasn't too worried.

What I might worry about is that IF the BLM does indeed decide to recognize this area as a "legitimized" riding area, like the nearby Sandy Ridge riding area, that might mean no shooting or hunting in this area.

IMG_1012.JPG IMG_1011.JPG

Are we allowed to post something we got with a bow on here or is that against the rules? ;)

View attachment 1762907 View attachment 1762908
In MY humble opinion, ANYTHING gotten with a bow, and especially a recurve/traditional setup, absolutely should be posted. Besides, this thread is about HUNTIN'........ It don't say specificaly how...... you have some good hunting skills there, CrackPipe!!!!

And I'm really hoping your Username is because you're a Plumber...... :s0108:

In MY humble opinion, ANYTHING gotten with a bow, and especially a recurve/traditional setup, absolutely should be posted. Besides, this thread is about HUNTIN'........ It don't say specificaly how...... you have some good hunting skills there, CrackPipe!!!!

And I'm really hoping your Username is because you're a Plumber...... :s0108:
I appreciate the complement. It took some work to get there... many years. As for my name, if you look at my profile picture it will become more clear. It's a suppressor, which is basically a pipe that turns a boom into a crack...

Hee hee, Man do I ever feel stupid now!!! I did in fact give a casual glance at your avatar, and thought it was a chunk of ABS pipe with some fittings on the ends..... :rolleyes:

Back on subject, I bowhunted for probably 11-12 years, then went back to rifle hunting when my son got old enough to hunt. I never shot anything with my recurve, but had some "almost" kinda moments, and a lot of fun. I have great respect for archers, and how hard it is to "hunt close". I think a few seasons of Bowhunting makes most hunters a better hunter.

Last Edited:
That was 380 pounds, wrapped, quick frozen and shipped to my home.
Total cost of the hunt was just over $16.00 a pound which was what Bison meat was selling in Safeway at the time. :)
As for a, "Hunt"...Meh. :rolleyes: It was a harvest and an opertunity to see how the .458S would perform. Found I should have used flat nosed bullets. The round nosed bullets except for the two that hit bones, passed right on through. :eek:

I wasn't really "geared up" for deer season this year. Too much going on for me. But my wife was ready to go! I hung my treestand where I usually do and parked her in it. The second evening, about 4 minutes before the end of legal shooting time, she did this. She's still happy.

20231008_191128.jpg

I spent the day in the man room cleaning up and putting gear away, lamenting the season is over.
Ate a quality elk tag, totally by choice, albeit a poor one, shot my best blacktail buck to date, shot my first blacktail with a bow in over 30 yrs, and shot a whitetail meat buck. Overall a great season.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

IMG_5087.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany