JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3rd buck I've shot. Good times

Screenshot_20221003-173450_Snapchat.jpg

My boy and I have been out 7-days, both in the Coast Range and the Cascades. We've seen one elk, and no deer, 'ceptins for the one we saw in downtown Astoria.

But we did get a picture...

20221009_074250.jpg

deer season 2022, let's see those pictures.
Unless you want to see pictures of scenery its gonna be a while.

Ive heard of a some nice bucks taken in eastern Oregon. I dont know if any have been taken in western Oregon. Western Oregon is off to a real slow start. We need some rain.

Unless you want to see pictures of scenery its gonna be a while.

Ive heard of a some nice bucks taken in eastern Oregon. I dont know if any have been taken in western Oregon. Western Oregon is off to a real slow start. We need some rain.
I am not even gonna go out til it rains, may miss the whole damned season this year.

I have to wait until after a wedding in Billings to go. With price of fuel, two trips not really viable. Haven't ever hunted in November in Montana. Hopefully, the big bucks will be out and about.

I have to wait until after a wedding in Billings to go. With price of fuel, two trips not really viable. Haven't ever hunted in November in Montana. Hopefully, the big bucks will be out and about.
November is a great time to hunt big deer, always see them during elk season.

My friend bagged a fat Cow Elk with a head shot using his mother-in-law's borrowed 2014 Prius near Beaver Or.
While waiting for a tow he called the State Police , after looking at the car, declared it a righteous kill allowing him to claim the meat, so with it being a head shot no meat was even bruised. He field dressed it with a pocket knife no less and for a nice roast the tow truck driver was able to lift it whole and deliver it along with the car to his home!
Unfortunately the Prius is a single shot devise and rather expensive to reload!
Me, I just spent two wonderful weeks out of Wallowa, albeit no game in sight and only heard two shots in all that time, and those on another ridge . Though being skunked is a disappointment, I enjoy being out there more than bagging game, so all's still well with me.

My friend bagged a fat Cow Elk with a head shot using his mother-in-law's borrowed 2014 Prius near Beaver Or.
While waiting for a tow he called the State Police , after looking at the car, declared it a righteous kill allowing him to claim the meat, so with it being a head shot no meat was even bruised. He field dressed it with a pocket knife no less and for a nice roast the tow truck driver was able to lift it whole and deliver it along with the car to his home!
Unfortunately the Prius is a single shot devise and rather expensive to reload!
Me, I just spent two wonderful weeks out of Wallowa, albeit no game in sight and only heard two shots in all that time, and those on another ridge . Though being skunked is a disappointment, I enjoy being out there more than bagging game, so all's still well with me.
Hats off to the tow truck driver. Hope he tipped him!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top