JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No dice on archery elk in eastern oregon this year, got close tho. Did shoot a turkey with my bow at least. Was really lookin forward to chasing mulies solo backpackin in hells canyon again but wasnt able to due to the fires there. So i headed straight to wyoming after archery season for my first out of state hunts and first antelope hunt. No luck on antelope after a week, missed a couple even, decided to head to my elk unit. Bagged a cow after hunting about 1.5 hours! Best part was no pack out, i dropped it within feet of a jeep trail lol. First animal I've killed with ammo i handloaded and copper bullets, the cutting edge lazers performed very well

View attachment 1306454 View attachment 1306455
Sweet!

My friend bagged a fat Cow Elk with a head shot using his mother-in-law's borrowed 2014 Prius near Beaver Or.
While waiting for a tow he called the State Police , after looking at the car, declared it a righteous kill allowing him to claim the meat, so with it being a head shot no meat was even bruised. He field dressed it with a pocket knife no less and for a nice roast the tow truck driver was able to lift it whole and deliver it along with the car to his home!
Unfortunately the Prius is a single shot devise and rather expensive to reload!
Me, I just spent two wonderful weeks out of Wallowa, albeit no game in sight and only heard two shots in all that time, and those on another ridge . Though being skunked is a disappointment, I enjoy being out there more than bagging game, so all's still well with me.
Thank gawd one less Prius on the road and everyone except the elk came out ok !

Pretty excited to get this guy. North Central Montana, 4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground, and fun dragging him up out of the coulee to a wheat field for transport.

AC973EF3-23EC-4E7F-9091-E30328920FD3.jpeg

A couple of Upstate New York deer that I got last fall. Will have more this fall. Between my brother, my friend from Anacortes and his other half and myself we have twenty-two deer tags for New York and Between my brother and myself we have six deer tags in Pennsylvania.
We will be giving a lot of venison away.
I generally harvest five deer a year. This year will be more.
Next Tuesday I take my eleven year old grandson back to Upstate New York for two weeks of small game and trapping.
We come back to Seattle on November 2nd and then I go back to Upstate New York for a month of deer hunting and trapping.
Where we hunt is only a half hour to the Pennsylvania border and we hunt private property right on the New York - Pennsylvania border.
For a non-resident small game - big game hunting license in both states is only $102.
Doe tags in New York are four at $20.
Pennsylvania doe tags are $26 apiece and you can get up to six of them.
I do not hunt here in Washington State anymore. A big waste of time & money.

View attachment 1292748 View attachment 1292749
We might have to update your post.

We will need to make plans for next November.
Ten deer between four of us.

We did catch a 45 beaver at the Greene Gun Club.

View attachment 1343579 View attachment 1343580 View attachment 1343581 View attachment 1343582 View attachment 1343583 View attachment 1343584
Lol that small buck I shot double lung .
Took us on a 1/4 mile search.
Lucky we had a little bit of snow here and there.
786yards from the track on the On X maps on my phone
I guess I should say big body deer but it has small 8 point rack .
3/3 with eye gaurds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads