JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eagle Cap Zone bow elk
More preference points for antelope and deer. (I'm at 18 now on antelope. A buddy drew this year with 21. Siiiiiiiiigh.)

Oregon sucks! I've been applying and buying elk tags, deer tags and spring bear tags as a resident since 86 and a non resident since 2008 with maybe 3 yrs total that I didn't draw a tag. 1st or 2nd choice.
Now that they have changed the non resident cap on tags and turned most of NE into draw units for archery elk I get goose eggs. Small rant over.
Congrats and good luck to all that were successful.

Starkey Any bull... I sure hope I have the same luck as I did last time I was there with a spike only tag :p

1686719096798.png

What is is like to hunt deer in Imnaha? Bad unit?
I've hunted elk with a bow quite a few years in the old Imnaha Unit and haven't really seen that many deer there. It wasn't that many years ago that deer were on the menu since a general tag worked for that unit, but our group never even got an arrow in the air toward a deer. Maybe where we were hunting was more of an elk zone. Last time we were there, a couple of years ago, it was more of a wolf zone. We saw very few elk.

How many points did you have to draw that any bull tag?
Only 4 points.
Last year I didn't even draw the spike only tag. It's been 4 yrs since my last any bull there when I called in a nice bull and he winded me at the last minute and I got skunked so I'm really hoping this year makes up for it....

Only 4 points.
Last year I didn't even draw the spike only tag. It's been 4 yrs since my last any bull there when I called in a nice bull and he winded me at the last minute and I got skunked so I'm really hoping this year makes up for it....
I had 5 going into this year and nothing. Although I stopped putting in for spike tags as second choice a few years back when I decided to start archery hunting to get a chance at any bull vs spending the cash on a spike tags until I drew an any bull tag. Then ODFW goes and changes the archery tags to a draw and decreases NR tags. Now Im at a cross roads on whether I put in for rifle next year with 6 points or archery with 6 points. I am pretty sure I can kill a bull during rifle season, but man being in the woods during archery season is so much fun.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews