An estate agent is a person or business that arranges the selling, renting, or management of properties and other buildings in the United Kingdom, Ireland, or other countries around the world. An agent that specialises in renting is often called a letting or management agent. Estate agents are mainly engaged in the marketing of property available for sale, and a solicitor or licensed conveyancer is used to prepare the legal documents. In Scotland, however, many solicitors also act as estate agents, a practice that is rare in England and Wales.
It is customary in the United Kingdom and in Ireland to refer to real estate or real property simply as property.
The estate agent remains the current title for the person responsible for the management of one group of privately owned, all or mostly tenanted properties under one ownership. Alternative titles are Factor, Steward, or Bailiff, depending on the era, region, and extent of the property concerned.

View More On
  1. DirtyBird

    Transferring firearms from an estate

    I have a question related to transferring firearms from an estate. I did some searches, but didn't find anything. If this question has been answered before, please feel free to point me in the right direction. A friend of our family passed away. I'd like to help his widow sell the firearms he...
Back Top