JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see guys trying to sell AK pistols woth vertical grips all the time.

People are idiots. Only us engaged law abiding citizens adhere to the law...

Not going to touch that with a 10ft pole.

Armslist isn't the worst thing out there, but you have to be diligent when dealing with people. I look at the communication of folks. If all I get are 1-2 word responses when I ask questions, I'll move on. If people ask me to do anything odd or out of the ordinary, any red flags at all, I move on. Whether a buyer or a seller, I make sure to never be in a position where where I'm so desperate to buy or sell that I let my judgment lapse. I always ask questions before we meet, and I'm always careful to clarify that we're both OR residents and that we will exchange ID's, that way there are no surprises. Seems like a little more discussion with the seller may have saved some hassle. My experiences with Armslist have still been positive, both as a buyer and seller, though I prefer to go through NWFA whenever possible.

To be fair might not be this case but I've been told by three shops in Oregon that didn't need ffl transfer even after telling them multiple times I'm from WA state. Even was told by one with a out of state f2f hand gun sale.

Speaking of weird, a guy just emailed my buddy over his gun he is trying to sell wanting him to trade him his Beretta 92FS (buddies gun) for a High Point C9 plus 500 dollars. He claims its a rare first year addition worth 3k................Unless I am missing something, I have never seen a High Point go for 3k.

It would be easy to make a High Point worth three grand, You just need to stuff 28 hundred dollar bills in the magazine well.

Armslist folks make me nervous......Kinda' like Craigslist folks..........Be certain your BS Radar is switched to
"EXTREME HIGH ALERT" when dealing with these people.
:confused:

Unfortunately, they are the only game down here in S. Oregon.

Which reminds me, I was going to start a thread about that.......

Last Edited:
I have (or I guess had, as I did not get it back from the guy I had lent it too and now in order to retrieve it would require a background check) a High Point JCP. It was a great gun to plink with, throw in the truck or simply abuse in some way that you would not want to treat something you actually cared about. I saw it as a disposable. No worries if it got bunged up or what not. It cost $169 brand spankin new and has went bang every time I pulled the trigger. In reality it even shoots pretty good. If feels like a brick in your hands and does not look much better but its hard to argue with $169. Probably holds its value better than a lot of handguns too simply because you could always find someone willing to give you $150 for a 9MM handgun. (or at least you could up until last week)

CONSIDER THIS:
The guy may be a plant from a police agency from one or the other state and the minute you complete the deal out come the cuffs . . . Or maybe he is a Bloomberg goon and has a cell phone with a police agency on speed dial.

Sheldon
If he is a Bloomberg Goon, then he was just as guilty in the felony.

its hard to argue with $169. Probably holds its value better than a lot of handguns too simply because you could always find someone willing to give you $150 for a 9MM handgun. (or at least you could up until last week)

Interesting,,,,,,,,

I went to the Medford gun show last weekend, with $500 in my pocket.:)

I was looking for a cheap '22 revolver/semi for a truck gun, basically to use to dispatch the deer I see hit on the roads around here, and anything else I could buy "on impulse":):D:):D

We've got all these city folk moving here that don't know that deer come out around dusk, and you should slow down a little:confused::(.

Pisses me off. Deer all over the place....................:mad:

The CHEAPEST 22 I found was a derringer for $360!

Hell, I have a Ruger SR22 that I paid less than that.

SO, maybe I'll look at these Hi Point's.:)

I didn't spend a penny.
Gun shows are a rip off!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews