JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was watching a show called drugs Inc. And a drug dealer repeatedly called his hi point a glock. Kinda laughed each time :rolleyes:
Many gangsters refer to any gun as a "glock". It's like those people who call all soda pop "coke", although I would say the former may stem more from ignorance than the latter. That and the projection of wanting a cooler "gat" (old school gangster nomenclature) than they actually own, wide spread use of Glocks by cops & also that they were (falsely) thought to be able to evade X-ray detection. This was also the case with the "techs" (Tech-Nine), calling every black sub gun or machine pistol type firearm after the one brand name. I heard a scenario where someone actually called an AR15 a "tech", though in this case, as with many of the occasions where this type of urban slang is used is fueled by a lack of firearms knowledge & more so an environment of ignorance. In many cases of group think & peer pressure it is deemed uncool or even totally ridiculed if you are intelligent or want to educate yourself on anything but violence, drugs & sex, but even then you better not read anything, because reading is for _____ (fill in your favorite derogatory, racist, emmasculinating, demeaning pejorative here).

Yeah, they had a trailer that had that scene in it. Far as I'm concerned it's a good weapon for gangsta's! To bad they're, apparently, pretty reliable.

Gaston would have a heart attack if he heard that.

I heard that he saw that program just before his stroke.:confused:

On one hand, I feel sorry for his current personal situation......:(

On the other hand, I believe in Karma........:s0047:

On the other hand, (actually it's my girlfriends hand...and don't ask where it is), I hope it works out correctly for everyone involved.;)

I look at the communication of folks. If all I get are 1-2 word responses when I ask questions, I'll move on. If people ask me to do anything odd or out of the ordinary, any red flags at all, I move on. Whether a buyer or a seller, I make sure to never be in a position where where I'm so desperate to buy or sell that I let my judgment lapse. I always ask questions before we meet, and I'm always careful to clarify that we're both OR residents and that we will exchange ID's, that way there are no surprises.
The above should be 'Gospel'. I don't mean to 'pass judgement' but I often read descriptions of bad FTF deals, poor meetup situations etc. that would have NEVER got that far if some of the above suggestions were heeded. I am literally now to the point if I get ANY responses that are in anything other than 'Clear Speech' I respond no further. And I mean if it is something as simple as seeing the letter "U" as an abbreviation for the word 'You' that may be the end of it. If there are questions that deviate from the primary issue its over. Bad grammar, poor sentence structure, misspelled words or ANY indication of stress, anger or expediency and its over. Last but not least if there are ANY reasons for no phone communication it's REALLY over.

For the most part I've not had too many issues with Armslist buyers. I had one guy start threatening me because I didn't respond to his email fast enough (I was at work) and another pull out of a deal as I insisted on using an FFL now 594 is in affect.

The above should be 'Gospel'. I don't mean to 'pass judgement' but I often read descriptions of bad FTF deals, poor meetup situations etc. that would have NEVER got that far if some of the above suggestions were heeded. I am literally now to the point if I get ANY responses that are in anything other than 'Clear Speech' I respond no further. And I mean if it is something as simple as seeing the letter "U" as an abbreviation for the word 'You' that may be the end of it. If there are questions that deviate from the primary issue its over. Bad grammar, poor sentence structure, misspelled words or ANY indication of stress, anger or expediency and its over. Last but not least if there are ANY reasons for no phone communication it's REALLY over.
R.U.serious. When I'm dealing with people, I can care less what their grammar, or education level is. Hopefully they don't care what mine is either.

wide spread use of Glocks by cops & also that they were (falsely) thought to be able to evade X-ray detection.

See also, Die Hard 2

"Luggage? That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month!"
―<broken link removed> on the Glock 7
http://diehard.wikia.com/wiki/Glock_7

R.U.serious. When I'm dealing with people, I can care less what their grammar, or education level is. Hopefully they don't care what mine is either.
Yes I am serious and I hope you don't ever sabotage a good deal (buying or selling) if you happen to be dealing with someone who DOES care.

............. the letter "U" as an abbreviation for the word 'You' that may be the end of it. If there are questions that deviate from the primary issue its over. Bad grammar, poor sentence structure, misspelled words or ANY indication of stress, anger or expediency and its over. Last but not least if there are ANY reasons for no phone communication it's REALLY over.

So, R U sayin' that if I had a New in BoxGlock OD Green G-26, 4 only $300, cuz I'm desperete, you'd say negative sale experience wit' u Buddie?:):D:confused:o_O
That'd piss myself off!

you'd say negative sale experience wit' u Buddie?
I wouldn't say much of anything other than "I'll think about it" And you are free to 'Piss yourself off' or not - that is your Constitutional right. And in conclusion I STILL wouldn't buy ANY Glock for $300. I'll add a couple hundred and invest in real steel.

Wow - talk about a RED flag! Just what was the 'threat' if you are free to say?
It was basically him telling me how F'ed up I was for not responding to him and that he knew where I was at and likes to show people what respect it. There is no way the guy could find me so I found it more amusing then anything else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top