JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That happened a year ago. Never followed up to see how it all shook out. How to prevent it? Do not stand there and show a moron you can be a bigger moron, then pull a gun. Either walk away, or give up on the food, get back in your car and drive off.
The DA seeking SJW approval is still prosecuting them.

IIRC the short version:

Large woman with large kids enters the the Chipotle as man with his pregnant wife exit.
One of the large kids and the pregnant woman brush against each other.
Kid complains to her mom who starts recording with her cell phone to make a racial viral video.
Pregnant woman says that she feels theatened and attempts to be reasonable.
Man collects his wife while large woman accuses them of being racists.
They attempt to back their mini-van out of the parking lot.
Large woman runs behind the mini-van triggering its automatic braking.
This model of mini-van will also shut off the engine if a collision is detected.
The large woman strikes the rear of the mini-van with enough force to trigger the auto-engine shutoff!
The sound inside the cabin is so loud that the pregnant woman exits the mini-van.
As the large woman approaches the pregnant woman, she draws her legal concealed carry pistol and orders them all away.
The large woman who is obviously not impressed says "Ohhh, now she got the gun on me", indicating that she is NOT in genuine fear for her life.
Man gets van restarted and they drive to the police station.

Last Edited:
This kinda stuff is completely different than that gas station nonsense.

Anyone who dresses up their truck and goes looking for a fight against obviously superior numbers of black hoodies is not just a "bystander "
It was his recently deceased fathers truck that had more patriotic flair on it, but he took some off before the incident. He has just driving to church on a Sunday morning when he ended up in the middle of the ANTIFA bubblegumery. He stopped because they threw yellow paint on his front windshield.

Thankfully OSP and Salem Police had some sense and did not charge the driver.

Avoid roads named MLK and life is better.
Back when Chris Rock was still funny

MLK.jpg

The DA seeking SJW approval is still prosecuting them.

IIRC the short version:

Large woman with large kids enters the the Chipotle as man with his pregnant wife exit.
One of the large kids and the pregnant woman brush against each other.
Kid complains to her mom who starts recording with her cell phone to make a racial viral video.
Pregnant woman says that she feels theatened and attempts to be reasonable.
Man collects his wife while large woman accuses them of being racists.
They attempt to back their mini-van out of the parking lot.
Large woman runs behind the mini-van triggering its automatic braking.
This model of mini-van will also shut off the engine if a collision is detected.
The large woman strikes the rear of the mini-van with enough force to trigger the auto-engine shutoff!
The sound inside the cabin is so loud that the pregnant woman exits the mini-van.
As the large woman approaches the pregnant woman, she draws her legal concealed carry pistol and orders them all away.
The large woman who is obviously not impressed says "Ohhh, now she got the gun on me", indicating that she is NOT in genuine fear for her life.
Man gets van restarted and they drive to the police station.

Well again. If one person wants to be a moron, do not prove you can be a bigger moron. Seems amazingly simple to me but, I guess a LOT of people have trouble with it. :s0092:

EXACTLY! Not reporting the description of the perps is all part of the media's active campaign of denial, deceit and delusion. Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves.

Especially in Portland. Heck the woke mob drove the two white ladies making burritos out of business!

"She says her husband went into the store."

So you come out of the gas station mini-mart to find your wife surrounded by three vehicles, WWYD?
Why are you bringing all that nonsense into a story of a robbery? It's not like the incidents are even close to each other unless you include that there was people involved

EXACTLY! Not reporting the description of the perps is all part of the media's active campaign of denial, deceit and delusion. Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves.

Especially in Portland. Heck the woke mob drove the two white ladies making burritos out of business!

"She says her husband went into the store."

So you come out of the gas station mini-mart to find your wife surrounded by three vehicles, WWYD?
Kyle Rittenhouse illegally obtained a firearm then illegally carried that illegal gun across state lines to a protest and got himself in trouble with that illegal firearm . If your for legal proper gun ownership you cannot get on the internet and defend that kids actions it's no different than a felon obtaining an forearm illegally .

It's just like so many threads lately @Kruel J

It's exhausting how every single thing can someone turn into a political or racist finger pointing contest.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone wants us gun advocates to be divided.
Welcome to the world as it now is.

What should we expect when the media OF EVERY KIND jams the race card down everyone's throat 24/7/365....it's how a nation/world is changed by repeating the lie over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Division works wonders when it comes to controlling the masses.

Kyle Rittenhouse illegally obtained a firearm then illegally carried that illegal gun across state lines to a protest and got himself in trouble with that illegal firearm . If your for legal proper gun ownership you cannot get on the internet and defend that kids actions it's no different than a felon obtaining an forearm illegally .
Rittenhouse probably should have stayed home and minded his own business. Curious what you would have done though if 'you' for the sake of the discussion found yourself in the same scenario...maybe just let your head get bashed in with a skateboard?

Another story of a husband putting his wife in jeopardy instead of manning up and doing his duty to protect.

Seems to be a pattern. I personally would NEVER put mine in any unsafe situation. And I'd gladly protect her life at the cost of mine. I don't get how these "men" can look in the mirror.
Have you ever been married or the boyfriend of a drama queen crazy b!itch? Try it sometime and then come back and report on how defending your wifes honor worked out for you. They will drag you down the rabbit hole with them. If there isnt something F'd up going on they will make it that way.

As has been correctly pointed out the article makes no mention of race. However for whatever its worth in the video of the accosted Marine he makes mention that the perpetrator addresses him with a racial slur. The mention of this slur implies that he is not of the same race as they. Both the article and the video are in the originating post.

So... in my opinion mention of race is not missing from the original post.

Personally I don't give a rats... what the race of the bad actors maybe, bad actors come in all colors and forms.

Amusingly when I worked for Lockheed I often observed some of my minority coworkers (not the minority in said shop) directing racial slurs to others of their same race and not in a friendly way. Now if I had used the same language I would have been fired, all the while having to shrug off abusive language directed at myself.

So... can we drop the race stuff now?
Actually no, sorry. We can't drop it.

The MSM bends over backward to avoid any reference to the race of an individual when said individual is committing a crime -- particularly with a firearm -- when said individual is not white. Conversely, the MSM contorts itself into pretzels, clutching their precious pearls, kvetching, kvelling, wailing, lying prostrate and titling at windmills if a white person behaves badly, particularly with a firearm. The objective could be no plainer: condition the public to associate crimes committed with firearms (which they disingenuously call 'gun crime' or 'gun violence') with whites and the new bogeyman white supremacy (the biggest threat facing our nation in the words of President Kamala Harris through her proxy that occasionally-conscious Biden dude). Now virtually every discharge of a firearm is a 'mass shooting.' My Ruger 10/22 is now an assault weapon. They invent virtue-signaling acronyms such as AAPI, BIPOC, BILAPOC, LGBTQIA+ to speak to each other in the wokeabulary and use as a cudgel against those of us who don't embrace the terminology. Orwell could not himself have written such a fine dramatic treatise. And man is he laughing from his grave!

And they know how to get nasty: Calling us ammosexuals, suggesting our guns represent a substitute phallus, covering for our inadequacy. They suggest that we are terrified of non-white people, cowering little crybabies just looking for an excuse to kill us some blacks.

All with a singular objective: To disarm YOU. They know they have that damn bubblegumming Constitution in their way so they have very skillfully deployed the Lingchi (death of a thousand cuts). And for the most part we responsible adult law-abiding gun owners just sit back and take it, like Bobby Knight's hypothetical rape victim.

This gaslighting by the state-run media, the punditry, the wokerazzi, and the statist cabal causes great concern among the soccer birthing people at the coffee klatch and hence they form associations such as Birthing People Demand Action and The Giffords Campaign with the stated objective of rounding up your steel and melting it down so you white supremacists can't hurt any more completely innocent black honor students who were really turning their life around.

Hence, our colleague @Nick Burkhardt was absolutely correct when he suggested "Of course in Portland as soon as your pistol clears its holster you are instantly a Racist White Supremacist so keep that in mind for your responses."

So, no. Sorry. We can't drop it.

I didn't read where @Nick Burkhardt was defending the actions of Rittenhouse. I did read where Nick claimed he was painted by the MSM as a white supremacist (boldface mine for your convenience), hence the point of his argument.

"Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves."

That said, Rittenhouse's actions in defending himself that evening are not rationally-related to any ancillary crimes he may have committed to find himself in the position to have to defend himself. IOW, crimes he may have committed around the act of self defense do not nullify the right to self defense, and do not rise to the standard of homicide as the MSM and wokes demand. We can defend the young incel's right to self defense while not defending his actions.

Another story of a husband putting his wife in jeopardy instead of manning up and doing his duty to protect.

Seems to be a pattern. I personally would NEVER put mine in any unsafe situation. And I'd gladly protect her life at the cost of mine. I don't get how these "men" can look in the mirror.
A lot cheaper than a divorce me thinks

I didn't read where @Nick Burkhardt was defending the actions of Rittenhouse. I did read where Nick claimed he was painted by the MSM as a white supremacist (boldface mine for your convenience), hence the point of his argument.

"Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves."

That said, Rittenhouse's actions in defending himself that evening are not rationally-related to any ancillary crimes he may have committed to find himself in the position to have to defend himself. IOW, crimes he may have committed around the act of self defense do not nullify the right to self defense, and do not rise to the standard of homicide as the MSM and wokes demand. We can defend the young incel's right to self defense while not defending his actions.
I had to look up Incel. Hsdnt heard that term before. I see how it fits.

A lot cheaper than a divorce me thinks
Had a discussion with a guy yesterday who was telling me he can never make it down to the gun shop to pick up his online purchases so he sends his wife down to fill out the 4473 for him. I told him yeah, thats a great way to get rid of her. Then I had to explain straw purchases and felonies and stuff like that. It was a dull conversation.

What Would You Do if Ambushed at the gas station?

I know, I know, DON"T fill up on MLK Blvd at 10PM!
Just assume that your wife was driving so you could nap and picked the location.

Sounds similar to what happened to this guy

Of course in Portland as soon as your pistol clears its holster you are instantly a Racist White Supremacist so keep that in mind for your responses.
Those poor people were robbed twice: Once by the organized thugs who shook them down for a c-note, and a second time at the pump by Chevron. 😬

gasp.jpg

Seems there's a lot blame being placed on the victims for being stupid, ignorant, etc.... Sometimes people end up in situations they 100% do not want to be in (like needing gas at that hour at that location). I would rather fill up at a well lit, albeit sketchy gas station than run out of gas a few blocks up the road where the situation may be way worse. Could they have made better choices to avoid that whole situation? Sure, but ultimately they were the victims and being called stupid because a group of thieves robbed them while they were just going about their business kinda pisses me off.

WWID? Once boxed in they were phlucked..... Once my wife backed into the vehicle that was strategically placed behind us, I would have had my wife stay in the car (getting out was not the best choice), lock the doors, then I would have called 911 on speaker phone and like @Knobgoblin suggested would state that I'm surrounded by a group of angry people, being held against my will and in fear for my life. I would then make sure I could quickly retrieve my firearm without actually brandishing it. Hopefully they'd get the picture and leave.

Have you ever been married or the boyfriend of a drama queen crazy b!itch? Try it sometime and then come back and report on how defending your wifes honor worked out for you. They will drag you down the rabbit hole with them. If there isnt something F'd up going on they will make it that way.
Ok.....just spit coffee on the computer. So, so true.

It may be worthwhile reviewing the Hot Crazy Matrix video again. Remember, they are all at least a "4".

-E-

Is this a thread about a self defense scenario we should consider as made evident by this real life example or is this a thread about media bias? Because the former has merit...the latter would make this the 4,563,879.75th thread on such a topic...and it got old a long time ago.
A self defense scenario with very real potential legal and personal repercussions because of media bias. So yes, on topic.

Status

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top