JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RobMa is touching on a perspective that has been largely missing from this thread. Namely, the perspective of a female being aggressively attacked by a male. Women carry a lot, and I mean a lot of baggage in our society when it comes to physical abuse by males. If you have any empathy at all, a female reacting with extreme self defense in response to an attacking male is not all that difficult to imagine. This discussion has evinced very little empathy for that female perspective, which by implication shows just how one-dimensional and male-dominated the discussion has been. Neither party in this altercation was "right," that's for damned sure, but everybody might try extending just a morsel of empathy for the female who was physically attacked.
Believe me, they MORE than make up for the "baggage" in divorce court!

Just kidding! :D

Sorta. ;)

I thought men and women were supposed to be treated equally.

In what world would we be saying "poor baby" if the clerk roughed up a man and then the man pulled a gun???

Being a woman is no excuse to:
1. Be a Karen
2. Lose your chit

IMO, expressing empathy is inappropriate for either perpetrator.

And if the clerk roughed up a POC, the world would lose it's mind.

I have been trained well by the PC police. I don't see color/ethnicity in threads/incidents, and I sure as heck don't pay attention to gender...

SMDH
THIS!

Thank you.

BOTH parties were wrong and all of it could have been handled differently.

I think that one poster stated this already somewhere in this thread.

Furthermore, I believe that THIS country and the world have gone bat s crazy due to the salami that has been and still is being imposed upon it's citizens.

Yet NO one stood up or only a few of us stood up AGAINST all of the 'flu' crapola.

Talk about tyranny from the gitgo! Ugh.

Cate

I read 10 pages of this tripe of a thread just to make sure that no one had already said what I was about to say as a proposed solution, and then @EPS goes and throws it out there 35 minutes before I get to his post. :mad: :s0140: :mad: :s0140:

1. Karen walks into store without mask to retrieve receipt.
2. Clerk tells Karen that she has to wear a mask.
3. Karen tells clerk that she doesn't have one.
4. Clerk tells Karen that Karen has to leave.
5. Karen tells clerk that she needs her receipt so she can get reimbursed for gas, and asks clerk to bring receipt to the front door.
6. Karen walks outside and waits by the front door for clerk to bring receipt to her.
7. Clerk prints out receipt and walks the receipt to front door and passes receipt to Karen.
8. Karen takes receipt and goes about her life.
9. Clerk goes back to his job and goes about his life.
10. Everyone gets want they want and no one gets assaulted, no one brandishes, no one wears a mask that doesn't want to, no one is forced into making someone else wear a mask that doesn't want to, no arrests are made, no charges are filed, and no one fears for their life. Win-win...

This is the one that I was talking about.

Thank you.

Cate

I have been trained well by the PC police. I don't see color/ethnicity in threads/incidents, and I sure as heck don't pay attention to gender...
I saw this week that claiming to be "colorblind" is racist today.... so they've thrown MLK under the bus. I hereby acknowledge and accept MLK's kind of racism as my own creed. I'm a racist... no prob.

Men inflict physical pain on women.
Women inflict mental pain on men.

Women aren't innocent in the abuse of the opposite sex department.

Last Edited:
Women inflict mental on on men.

Generally true, but I've seen women, locally, that beat the crap out of their men, or in the news stabbed or shot them. It does happen.

My ex was very proficient in the mental abuse dept. I finally realized why HER ex took a few shots at her... knew it was time for divorce when I was trying to figure out how to get away with (deleted).

Last Edited:
Women inflict mental on on men.

a few tumultuous years into my marriage, never laying a hand on her but boy did i feel like i was exercising a HUGE amount of self control with her when she'd get to cutting into me...

it finally occurred to me and i explained it to her like this: men's weapon is their hands. thats how we hurt someone, and it IS a measure of our self control that we dont use our weapons to hurt. WOMENS weapon is their tongue - im expected to have self control with my weapon, but she thinks she should just be able to pipe off whatever bubblegumed up hurtful bubblegum at me she feels like, using zero self control... thats bullbubblegum. i control my weapon; you gotta control yours.

to her credit, that actually seemed to resonate with her and she did in fact make an obvious effort henceforth to have a little more care in the bubblegum she said to me.

we survived another decade after that, somehow.. not that we should have.

Generally true, but I've seen women, locally, that beat the crap out of their men, or in the news stabbed or shot them. It does happen.

My ex was very proficient in the mental abuse dept. I finally realized why HER ex took a few shots at her... knew it was time for divorce when I was trying to figure out how to det away with (deleted).
She Bobbitt? :rolleyes:

Everyone is different in a lot of ways and the culture got rough when the net got rolling. Civility isn't taught in the schools and how to think is now a lost art.

Mask Karen's need to mind their own business but they just can't. It's human nature to use a little power if you think you have it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top