JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
What Would You Do if Ambushed at the gas station?

I know, I know, DON"T fill up on MLK Blvd at 10PM!
Just assume that your wife was driving so you could nap and picked the location.

Sounds similar to what happened to this guy

Of course in Portland as soon as your pistol clears its holster you are instantly a Racist White Supremacist so keep that in mind for your responses.

I don't understand your last statement. The article didn't mention race at all so why are you?

I think he's referring to the current state of affairs. Per left leaning narratives, only white supremist have guns to defend themselves. Rational people rely on the police...which we hate...because they are racist 🙄.

I get that. I guess for me adding a racially charged statement to the OP of a new thread is just asking for a dumpster fire. And since the story doesn't even mention it, it's quite an assumption.

People are inherently stupid and get what they deserve for not paying attention to their surroundings or the friggin news… probably blue bloods without a clue of what's going on in Potland … :eek:

It's just like so many threads lately @Kruel J

It's exhausting how every single thing can someone turn into a political or racist finger pointing contest.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone wants us gun advocates to be divided.

While I am all for self defense...do so smartly...and with the understanding that self defense :

Looks different ...as in what appears to be a clear cut situation to you....may not be to on-lookers or even a jury.

Each situation is also different , different as in what works well at one time and place and for one person , may not be the same for someone else or next time.

Related to my above statement : Don't get trapped in your plan...as in static thinking of if A happens , then I must do B...
Life will not play by your rules...and while its excellent to have a plan...it is wise to be flexible and adaptable to the situation at the moment.

As always...
Be aware of your surroundings..
Take advantage of any opportunities to tip the odds in your favor..
And understand that self defense does not always mean that you need to use your firearm....
Andy

Listening to the womans account of the incident, she's an idiot and her husband is a cuck.

Why back up?

Why get out of your car?

When did anyone call the police, and who was the caller?

The husband sitting in the car while she argued with a mob isn't exactly right . I don't know what's missing, but something definitely is.

Another story of a husband putting his wife in jeopardy instead of manning up and doing his duty to protect.

Seems to be a pattern. I personally would NEVER put mine in any unsafe situation. And I'd gladly protect her life at the cost of mine. I don't get how these "men" can look in the mirror.

It's just like so many threads lately @Kruel J

It's exhausting how every single thing can someone turn into a political or racist finger pointing contest.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone wants us gun advocates to be divided.
Yes sir. I agree.

I get that. I guess for me adding a racially charged statement to the OP of a new thread is just asking for a dumpster fire. And since the story doesn't even mention it, it's quite an assumption.
EXACTLY! Not reporting the description of the perps is all part of the media's active campaign of denial, deceit and delusion. Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves.

Especially in Portland. Heck the woke mob drove the two white ladies making burritos out of business!

"She says her husband went into the store."

So you come out of the gas station mini-mart to find your wife surrounded by three vehicles, WWYD?

Waiting for the rest of the story…

Regarding "men" protecting their women, there's a gross lack of that in society today. Sure, they may have the chromosome and the plumbing, but most lack the spine or intestinal fortitude to protect their women.

EXACTLY! Not reporting the description of the perps is all part of the media's active campaign of denial, deceit and delusion. Meanwhile, George Zimmerman, Michael Strickland, Kyle Rittenhouse and others, all get accused by the media of being Racist White Supremacist for defending themselves.

Especially in Portland. Heck the woke mob drove the two white ladies making burritos out of business!

"She says her husband went into the store."

So you come out of the gas station mini-mart to find your wife surrounded by three vehicles, WWYD?
Call -
The-
Police.

Remember, this is Portland. The police do not respond to property crimes. One of my wife's co-workers got rear ended downtown while stopped at a light by a drunk driver back in 2017. The police were containing protestors two blocks away, but they could not send one over to take a report. The drunk who did not have insurance took off. I assume that the ambush criminals knew that the cops would not show up.

Remember, this is Portland. The police do not respond to property crimes. One of my wife's co-workers got rear ended downtown while stopped at a light by a drunk driver back in 2017. The police were containing protestors two blocks away, but they could not send one over to take a report. The drunk who did not have insurance took off. I assume that the ambush criminals knew that the cops would not show up.
I don't mind embellishing my situation to elicit a faster response.

Hello, state my location, half dozen individuals are trying to force my wife/ child/ etc. Into their vehicle.
Please help me.

Yes ,I would misinterpret the intentions of my assailants for attempting an abduction. F'ing sue me later.

I don't mind embellishing my situation to elicit a faster response.

Hello, state my location, half dozen individuals are trying to force my wife/ child/ etc. Into their vehicle.
Please help me.

Yes ,I would misinterpret the intentions of my assailants for attempting an abduction. F'ing sue me later.
I would add something like :
"I'm in a red shirt and have my pistol drawn. Tell them not to shoot me."

I would add something like :
"I'm in a red shirt and have my pistol drawn. Tell them not to shoot me."
Yeah, but I wouldn't be holding a pistol.

This situation is garbage, and adding a gun into the mix isn't going to help.

Back way up to when the wife tries to back out of her space, and then have her leave the car in park. That's where the 2 idiots in the story stopped avoiding the rest of the mess.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads