JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My wife has to move her gun to get to her wallet, and she doesn't have near the patience for azzhats and idiots that I do.
pitty the fool.:s0120:
Speaking of which… she's loving the new Ruger Max9.

WWID?
Not be there for one.
And if you have to be in the area, don't stop.

Been following that rule since the 80's

I drive one of those coal powered electric cars, I don't need gas!

Let's review the 4 Rules of Stupid:

1) Don't go to stupid places...

2) At stupid times...

3) To do stupid things...

4) With stupid people.

A gas station at 10 pm is a stupid place at a stupid time...and you're likely to meet stupid people.

Very rarely does someone NEED to be at a gas station at 10 pm. Sure there are exceptions...like if you're driving across country at night. But these exceptions are few.

WWID. My wife and I have a code word that is a name (Deborah for this example) to signal that the pistol is about to come out and she should get a hand on hers while securing any kids with us. I shout that name to get her attention while sweeping the crowd with my 500 lumen flashlight. Then state loudly

"Deborah, some of these fellas look like they have warrants. Call dispatch and have them send three units"

Hopefully they will all leave as fast as they showed up.

Ambushed at a gas station, what would I do?

This was the first thing that came to mind.

AB856C20-8F41-4FDD-AB3A-99F18A7E5562.jpeg

I don't understand your last statement. The article didn't mention race at all so why are you?
I believe that the OP is inferring that only white people conceal carry, or perhaps, that only POC commit crimes?

He couldn't be more incorrect.

FWIW, I've had much less controversial statements of mine (selectively)edited by mods on here. I'm not sure why they would let one so obviously bigoted remain.

I believe that the OP is inferring that only white people conceal carry, or perhaps, that only POC commit crimes?

He couldn't be more incorrect.

FWIW, I've had much less controversial statements of mine (selectively)edited by mods on here. I'm not sure why they would let one so obviously bigoted remain.
Nope, I am just pointing out the media bias. George Zimmerman is Hispanic, yet the news labeled him as a racist White-Hispanic. Kyle Rittenhouse shot three white men, and again the news tried to liable him as a Racist White Supremacist.

Is this a thread about a self defense scenario we should consider as made evident by this real life example or is this a thread about media bias? Because the former has merit...the latter would make this the 4,563,879.75th thread on such a topic...and it got old a long time ago.

As hard as it is, sometimes it's more beneficial to just leave. If you are in a liberal stronghold like Portland.

I have a family member still in jail for defending his brother on their property. The bad guy is still dead but he came looking for trouble. They were in liberal LA. He had no place to retreat because he was already home.

For the short term better to take the best outcome over the correct one. Or, if you actually touch someone, make it count because you will get prosecuted anyway.

Last Edited:
Is this a thread about a self defense scenario we should consider as made evident by this real life example or is this a thread about media bias? Because the former has merit...the latter would make this the 4,563,879.75th thread on such a topic...and it got old a long time ago.
I am looking for WWYD answers that DO NOT involve drawing or brandishing a firearm, since that would be a loss for you even if no shots were fired.

I am looking for WWYD answers that DO NOT involve drawing or brandishing a firearm, since that would be a loss for you even if no shots were fired.
Yep.

I learned long ago, don't pull a gun unless you're going to shoot.

I've seen plenty of people who are NOT scared of guns. So pointing, waving or even displaying while holstered isn't going to scatter the cockroaches like a lot of "squares " incorrectly assume.

If you're not familiar with the hood , ghetto, or whatever you call it, then don't presume to know what reaction your actions will bring.

I grew up in a pretty crappy area, and still get a little twinge in some situations. I see others around me who seem totally blind to the possibilities for conflict among the people an arms length away.

Yep.

I learned long ago, don't pull a gun unless you're going to shoot.

I've seen plenty of people who are NOT scared of guns. So pointing, waving or even displaying while holstered isn't going to scatter the cockroaches like a lot of "squares " incorrectly assume.

If you're not familiar with the hood , ghetto, or whatever you call it, then don't presume to know what reaction your actions will bring.

I grew up in a pretty crappy area, and still get a little twinge in some situations. I see others around me who seem totally blind to the possibilities for conflict among the people an arms length away.
Yep, imagine just trying to get some Chipotle with your pregnant wife then getting charged with a felony and loosing your job because some lady wanted to make a viral video?

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads