JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

its you, your 7rd compact or pocket pistol CCW against at least 2 armed robbers demanding you get down. How would you handle this?

(note: they took customer items too, If your carrying IWB at 4:00 and you lie face down on the floor your CCW is going to be found and taken...)

Pretend to cooperate and use the first chance I had to protect people.

My safety would have to come first but I feel I've trained enough to take on 2 people as long as they are not actively looking at me.

I think to some extent it would depend on how I perceived the moods of the robbers.

Some are killers and some just need money - I wouldn't go looking for a gun battle if I could avoid it.

I'd say I have a bad heart, just let me get my medicine...."big medicine". I too would hope my SA put me in a position to defend myself when they weren't totally focuesed on me.
That and I never go in to pharmacies...Amazon is amazing!

Brutus Out

There is also a major lesson we must teach our spouses and kids in these situations. My youngest who is my sidekick and rolls with me deep in any project knows... dad says go or if dad uncovers his pistol... get down or get out of there if he can. Also to cover eyes and ears until I get him up or police do.

This is as real as it gets. I carry every damn day. There are crazies as we know, it's not if we run into them but when.

I think a lot of people would be like this guy:
I'm glad it worked out well for that guy.
It's strange though. They made everyone else get on the floor or searched them and pretty much ignored him.
One other thing, I would have hit the guy with the shotgun first. Good thing he decided to run instead of filling dude's back full of lead.

No_Regerts nailed it, GunFighting 101, never draw on a drawn gun! Hard to tell where shotty guy was and if he had his back to the good guy or was in the act of leaving, I think taking pistol dude out was the correct call, that is the most pressing threat! Shotty guy was probably already gone, or running! I still would have fired at shotty guy if I could see and hit him! Good for the good guy, keeping is cool and waiting out the tangos untill he had the chance AND a clear line to shoot!

Hard to tell where shotty guy was and if he had his back to the good guy or was in the act of leaving, I think taking pistol dude out was the correct call, that is the most pressing threat! Shotty guy was probably already gone, or running!
No sir. You can clearly see him. Still facing the friendly when he drew. Crazy to first take out the one farther away, eyes away, armed with a handgun before the closer one, armed with a shotgun, facing you. Simple mathematics.

It appears to me that, shotgun boy had his attention centered on robbing the guy on the floor when our hero went for his gun!
I agree, most devastating weapon first, pistol after!

The then there is the opposite side - would you go for an almost certain 2 tap take down and then face the shotgun? Or take the risk of pistol bad guy turning and unloading his mag at you and the other customers after shooting the shotgun guy?

Pistols shoot faster, long guns are harder to swing into position.

In the end if the good guys lived and the bad guys were somehow stopped from harming anyone then it was a good strategy.

Body language, comfort with thier weapon etc are all things that can't quite be accounted for with just video from a cctv camera.

Often you need to go with what or how you feel , rather than a textbook tactical move.
Pay attention when that "inner voice is screaming something at you."
In my experience these things happen fast. You need to be good , prepared and lucky.
Since the bad guys were searching through the customers items , the jig is up so to speak if you are carrying.
I can't say for sure what I would have done, Just glad I wasn't there.
Andy

Body language, comfort with thier weapon etc are all things that can't quite be accounted for with just video from a cctv camera.

I think this correlates with what you originally said about judging the moods of the robbers. I wonder if there is any study or training on that topic?

the good guy was smart and waited for the right moment to draw. Cant really tell from the video but I could see reasons he was better off going for the pistol bad guy first. Maybe the shotgun guy was a nervouse wreck and staying close to the door, or the pistol bad guy was more verbally abusive or threatening....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top