JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I will say was pretty much worth the price of admission to this tripe-ridden thread was this little gem, buried around Page 3 or so...

Tactical leggings
Not being the kind to wear leggings what am I missing here? I tried to watch the video but my eye's started to glaze over. Is the point of them that they have belt loops? So do other's not have belt loops? See a lot of women wearing "yoga pants" here when the weather is nicer. For those with the body to get away with them great, I like them but I have to say I never paid attention to whether or not they had belt loops. Guess this spring I will have to watch for that. If Wife catches me I can say "no honey, I was not staring at her butt, I was trying to see if she had We The People yoga pants on. " :D

Just go to court and get a JURY trial.

That'll show um'.

Unfortunately.....it appears that.....the courts (Judges and the DAs) don't want to be bothered with JUSTICE anymore. They rather that someone just plea out to a charge. Thus, for a lot of us.....we're left wondering.

Can/should the Govt be doing this at all?

NOTE: Congress and the various State Legislators have had about two years to make real LAWS. They have instead chosen to let the President and various Governors pull these "emergency measures" and rule like DICTATORS.

Aloha, Mark

Its all a balancing act. There is a camera at each check out and its filming your hand movements as well as you from a couple angles. It is kind of interesting when one of the self checks calls the worker and she reviews to see what made it stop. I am sure someone monitors roughly how much free stuff goes out the door. From that someone decides what works and what does not. Before the holiday I stopped one day at the Fredies, had a cart full of bags. Get to the door and an employee is there wanting to see the receipt. Had I known they would ask I would have had it on top. I had dropped it in one of the many bags. I just told the girl its there, help yourself. She looked flustered and started to look. I was counting slowly in my head to 5. If I had got to 5 I was going to turn to the customer service, find the receipt and take a snap shot. Tell them take this back off my card, by, and walk out. Now if they had put a sign up where I came in clearly saying they were going to check I would have been fine. They did the next time I was there have a LARGE sign saying someone was going to be checking. I have to guess others did what I almost did. :D
At Walmart I see myself on the screen. IDK what other cams might be on. Big Brother. Don't know why they would bother if they aren't going to do anything about pilferage anyway.

The local Walmart no longer has anybody checking recipes. But the Costco in Kennewick won't let you out of the building until you show your receipt, and they go thru the motion of counting the number of items off. I think it's hilarious until they have a long line I have to wait in.

We only have Walmart, BiMart, Safeway, Grocery Outlet, and non-chain store called The Marketplace. I wish we had a Freddie's... the stores I have been in are great.

1. Karen walks into store without mask to retrieve receipt.
2. Clerk tells Karen that she has to wear a mask.
3. Karen tells clerk that she doesn't have one.
4. Clerk tells Karen that Karen has to leave.
5. Karen tells clerk that she needs her receipt so she can get reimbursed for gas, and asks clerk to bring receipt to the front door.
6. Karen walks outside and waits by the front door for clerk to bring receipt to her.
7. Karen starves to death waiting for clerk to perform simple act of customer service.

I think this is the more likely outcome!!

That's a travesty, there way too much bad food out there. If not Walmart, who will keep our home chefs accountable?
I guess I will have to accept the responsibility... since I'm the home chef cuz with the wife having dementia she can't be operating the hot stove.

Making Chili Verde today... I guess I better get off this and get my butt to work!

I guess I will have to accept the responsibility... since I'm the home chef cuz with the wife having dementia she can't be operating the hot stove.

Making Chili Verde today... I guess I better get off this and get my butt to work!
Sorry to hear about the dementia, that's a hateful disease. You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Yes - a mandate is purely a government official telling you to do something under the color of law - but it is not a law.
its called an administrative rule - and while they arent "criminal laws," violating some of them can be a crime. at the very least, violations bring financial sanctions or suspensions o rights to do business.

Sorry to hear about the dementia, that's a hateful disease. You're a good man Charlie Brown.
Thanx man!!

That Chile Verde took more prep time than I would have liked. Imma getting slo in me old age. Gotta sit and take a rest break every 15min to 1/2hr. :(

The meat needs to slow cook for at least 6hrs, so we should be ok to try some tonight. With steamed flour tortillas. Tomorrow it will be even better. Kinda like day old sketti where the seasonings do their thing overnight.

This will prolly be the last big meal I cook for quite awhile. Made 30 enchiladas two weeks ago, and a tray of Casita Burrittos last weekend. It's good to have something besides frozen dinners during the week. The wife is pretty bored with Hungry Man and cheapo pot pies. I try to keep it varied, even tho she won't remember one meal from the next. Fortunately, the local Senior Center has meals for $3ea that are pretty good... so we have that for lunch every so often. Had Rueben sammies last Thurs, and Clam Chowder in a bread bowl on Fri. The gal that runs the kitchen used to have her own eatery... she's a good cook.

its called an administrative rule - and while they arent "criminal laws," violating some of them can be a crime. at the very least, violations bring financial sanctions or suspensions o rights to do business.
If violating an "administrative rule" is a criminal offense, then it is still operating under the color of law without being a law.

If a business is forcing their employees to wear masks because the state says they have too in order to remain open as a business, that is different than employees acting as the enforcement arm of the state for patrons.

If violating an "administrative rule" is a criminal offense, then it is still operating under the color of law without being a law.

If a business is forcing their employees to wear masks because the state says they have too in order to remain open as a business, that is different than employees acting as the enforcement arm of the state for patrons.
an administrative rule is effectively a law - it isnt a codified criminal code law, but its a condition that must be followed, according to the law. criminal code that requires people to abide by administrative rule usually reads something like "failure to follow administrative rules set forth by __________ (insert regulatory authority/administration/office/whatever) is a class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of no more than $____, ___ months/years incarceration, or both." so the criminal code makes violations a crime, despite the actual rules themselves not being codified law.

an example off the top of my head - ATF declaring picatinny rails are machineguns. theres no specifically written law that prohibits picatinny rails, but ATF has been given administrative authority over what is and isnt a machinegun, so all it takes for that rule to become effective law is them saying its so. this is bureaucracy.

as to requiring employees vs. requiring customers to wear masks - im guessing its exactly the same thing. everyone in your building has to have a mask on as a condition of doing government-authorized business.. we can do all the mental gymnastics we want and construct all sorts of different arguments for why its different, but if its coming from the same edict from the same regulatory authority, its the same thing.

the distinction is irrelevant to me, personally. but while i dont enjoy masks and think we should put that crap to bed finally, it doesnt rankle me like it does some of you. its annoying, its not a hill to die on.

At Walmart I see myself on the screen. IDK what other cams might be on. Big Brother. Don't know why they would bother if they aren't going to do anything about pilferage anyway.

The local Walmart no longer has anybody checking recipes. But the Costco in Kennewick won't let you out of the building until you show your receipt, and they go thru the motion of counting the number of items off. I think it's hilarious until they have a long line I have to wait in.

We only have Walmart, BiMart, Safeway, Grocery Outlet, and non-chain store called The Marketplace. I wish we had a Freddie's... the stores I have been in are great.
I have gotten kind of a kick out of the stores trying to make sure the people who actually pay are not pilfering a few things while they are told to stand there and watch people fill a cart and pay for nothing:confused:
Hell who knows. I do still LOVE the self check. The last time I stopped it watching the clerk clear it, what set it off was me moving past the scanner with nothing in my hand. It did a quick replay on the screen and what I was doing was grabbing empty bags from my cart, to use to put stuff in I had scanned. After the second time it hit me. The thing alerted because it made it look like I went past the scanner with an item and did not scan it. So I started making sure when I reached for another empty bag I was not getting close to the "eye". The ones at the Wally here do not weigh the stuff I finally figured out. You can scan and cart it. The ones at the Fred's I was used to weigh everything. So you scan, and set it on a table that is a scale. So kind of a learning curve to the different systems. Home Depot here has them now too and they will just let you scan stuff right in the cart. All this while people there who fill the cart and just walk out are just waved at too🤬
Sooner or later the general public is going to have to get angry enough about this to actually stop it. Just a matter of exactly how far it has to be pushed to wake up the population.

an administrative rule is effectively a law - it isnt a codified criminal code law, but its a condition that must be followed, according to the law. criminal code that requires people to abide by administrative rule usually reads something like "failure to follow administrative rules set forth by __________ (insert regulatory authority/administration/office/whatever) is a class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of no more than $____, ___ months/years incarceration, or both." so the criminal code makes violations a crime, despite the actual rules themselves not being codified law.

an example off the top of my head - ATF declaring picatinny rails are machineguns. theres no specifically written law that prohibits picatinny rails, but ATF has been given administrative authority over what is and isnt a machinegun, so all it takes for that rule to become effective law is them saying its so. this is bureaucracy.

as to requiring employees vs. requiring customers to wear masks - im guessing its exactly the same thing. everyone in your building has to have a mask on as a condition of doing government-authorized business.. we can do all the mental gymnastics we want and construct all sorts of different arguments for why its different, but if its coming from the same edict from the same regulatory authority, its the same thing.

the distinction is irrelevant to me, personally. but while i dont enjoy masks and think we should put that crap to bed finally, it doesnt rankle me like it does some of you. its annoying, its not a hill to die on.
It's a matter of personal freedom, and whether the government has the authority to force you (at their whim or political pander of small groups) to give up your freedom.

It's a matter of personal freedom, and whether the government has the authority to force you (at their whim or political pander of small groups) to give up your freedom.
They don't!👌😉! That's why more and more people are waking up to the sham and realizing they have been duped! Sucks that it has taken so long but better late than never I guess!

I don't like to wear the mask. I''m not out in public all that much anymore, so when I am, I wear it. My wearing of the mask is two fold. (1) In case there is a chance it might do some good. (2) If it keeps store employees happy, it's not that big of a deal for me.

I think there is a lot of Covid fatigue going around that heightens the potential for disputes. One thing I'm not gonna do, and that is get in the middle of a dispute over wearing or not wearing one. It's an invitation for trouble. There are enough frustrated or just plain crazy people out there that your word to the wise might tip them over the edge.

Do masks do any good? I don't know. They won't filter out virus, but the health boffins at CDC say the danger is in direct projection of spray from the mouth, so in theory they should be of some aid in cutting down on that. The CDC has reported that the regular flu season saw an unusually low number of reported cases. They think that this may be due to the various anti-Covid measures being taken at the same time. It's possible masks had some part in this.

Do I think that mask wearing is a government conspiracy to control the populace? I don't. Mask wearing was part of the government response way back in 1918-1919 during the Spanish Flu era. It's just one precaution and far from foolproof. Governments try to figure out public health policy, nothing is bullet proof.

Somebody above said they have asthma. I don't know for sure, maybe that is one of the medical conditions for which you may obtain an exemption to wearing the mask.

Hand washing and sanitizing, that likely does some good just as a regular sanitary practice. Not restricted to Covid. But I think I've read that it's been found that contracting Covid through surface contact is much rarer than getting it from somebody's oral spray. They've also said that Covid can indeed be contracted through germs in the air, but again, significantly less likely than direct oral droplet spray. The mask will not protect from those airborne germs.

Not being the kind to wear leggings what am I missing here? I tried to watch the video but my eye's started to glaze over. Is the point of them that they have belt loops? So do other's not have belt loops? See a lot of women wearing "yoga pants" here when the weather is nicer. For those with the body to get away with them great, I like them but I have to say I never paid attention to whether or not they had belt loops. Guess this spring I will have to watch for that. If Wife catches me I can say "no honey, I was not staring at her butt, I was trying to see if she had We The People yoga pants on. " :D
I simply tell my wife " movement catches the eye , I'm instinctively protecting us".

But my second brain is thinking " Hey baby! You give out fries with those shakes! "

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top