JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yep, imagine just trying to get some Chipotle with your pregnant wife then getting charged with a felony and loosing your job because some lady wanted to make a viral video?

I watched that a while back.
Those people are all idiots. Thinking a gun is going to force people to behave is just something I can't understand.
I assume that felony charges were either dismissed or pled down.

Back to my lowbrow roots, I also understand that charges are exactly that,..charges. You being convicted is going to matter , you being charged with whatever don't necessarily mean chit. You watch any seasoned criminals, even some juveniles. They barely even care what charge they catch. Straight Laced folks get rattled when they are charged with whatever.
Even getting arrested isn't much more than an inconvenience.

I don't understand your last statement. The article didn't mention race at all so why are you?
When the article doesn't mention race, we can assume we know the backgrounds of the perpetrators involved. 99 times out of 100 we will be correct. You need to read between the lines and understand the code language of "journalism" today. What they don't print is as important as what they do.

Last Edited:
Remember, this is Portland. The police do not respond to property crimes. One of my wife's co-workers got rear ended downtown while stopped at a light by a drunk driver back in 2017. The police were containing protestors two blocks away, but they could not send one over to take a report. The drunk who did not have insurance took off. I assume that the ambush criminals knew that the cops would not show up.
What a burbling bubblegumhole. Good luck. Keep pushing back.

What Would You Do if Ambushed at the gas station?

I know, I know, DON"T fill up on MLK Blvd at 10PM!
Just assume that your wife was driving so you could nap and picked the location.

Sounds similar to what happened to this guy

Of course in Portland as soon as your pistol clears its holster you are instantly a Racist White Supremacist so keep that in mind for your responses.
I'd shoot the gas pumps. Make a big explosion. Should be a good enough distraction. I swear I saw Bruce Willis do that in a movie.

/satire.

Last Edited:
I watched that a while back.
Those people are all idiots. Thinking a gun is going to force people to behave is just something I can't understand.
I assume that felony charges were either dismissed or pled down.

Back to my lowbrow roots, I also understand that charges are exactly that,..charges. You being convicted is going to matter , you being charged with whatever don't necessarily mean chit. You watch any seasoned criminals, even some juveniles. They barely even care what charge they catch. Straight Laced folks get rattled when they are charged with whatever.
Even getting arrested isn't much more than an inconvenience.
The recent ANTIFA incident in Salem

and the BLM attack in North Portland

has taught me that some crowds are simply not impressed by the sight of a pistol

Which is why I posted seeking alternative ways to de-escalate, dis-engage or bluff your way out of the situation.

If it degenerated into an outnumbered robbery by threat of force, I do keep a "drop wallet" with fake cards, a few twentys and one dollar bills to toss over if needed. Apparently a cheap WalMart smartphone would be a good idea to carry when traversing the PDX zone as well. Loosing $100 is still a lot cheaper than bail plus legal fees.

Another story of a husband putting his wife in jeopardy instead of manning up and doing his duty to protect.

Seems to be a pattern. I personally would NEVER put mine in any unsafe situation. And I'd gladly protect her life at the cost of mine. I don't get how these "men" can look in the mirror.
YEP! When I read the account of this I was left wondering. Why guy sat in car letting Wife deal with this was one.
Another was if the parking lot is empty when you pull in why park so you have to back up?
Why offer the mob money?
Sounds like a LOT of ignorance going on here.
As for the "man" while back news showed a couple was getting gas. Guy is pumping. Some kook fly's in, crashes into pumps in front of them. huge fire. Guy runs off, leaves his Wife who is panicked and having trouble getting her belt off and get out of the vehicle. When I watched the tape I thought I bet he is not getting any tonight :s0140:

has taught me that some crowds are simply not impressed by the sight of a pistol

Which is why I posted seeking alternative ways to de-escalate, dis-engage or bluff your way out of the situation.

If it degenerated into an outnumbered robbery by threat of force, I do keep a "drop wallet" with fake cards, a few twentys and one dollar bills to toss over if needed. Apparently a cheap WalMart smartphone would be a good idea to carry when traversing the PDX zone as well. Loosing $100 is still a lot cheaper than bail plus legal fees.
This kinda stuff is completely different than that gas station nonsense.

Anyone who dresses up their truck and goes looking for a fight against obviously superior numbers of black hoodies is not just a "bystander "

This kinda stuff is completely different than that gas station nonsense.

Anyone who dresses up their truck and goes looking for a fight against obviously superior numbers of black hoodies is not just a "bystander "
The driver of the truck did not know the mob was "peacefully protesting". He was on his way to church, turned down the wrong street, and there they were.

-Robert

Yep, imagine just trying to get some Chipotle with your pregnant wife then getting charged with a felony and loosing your job because some lady wanted to make a viral video?

That happened a year ago. Never followed up to see how it all shook out. How to prevent it? Do not stand there and show a moron you can be a bigger moron, then pull a gun. Either walk away, or give up on the food, get back in your car and drive off.

Disgusting. This is Kate Browshirt's Oregon: These bubblegumsuckers can assault and destroy property and the bubblegumming jackboots don't even bat an eye but OHMYBUBBLEGUMMINGDEITY there's a gun!!! S.W.A.T., we need backup! There's a senior citizen trying to defend himself with a firearm. Bring the shackles. Bubblgum that bubblegum and all her minions.

This link has several clips of Cops going at some ANTIFA morons. The one shows one Cop has had enough and lets one of them have it in the gut with a bean bag. I thought it would make a great Meme. Problem is they will of course want to fire the Cop now.

This could happen anywhere in Portland.

Yes. Plenty of dudes are driving around with flags on their trucks. It's definitely no reason for anyone to attack and assault someone else.

-Robert
While I definitely won't argue that mr. America deserved the yellow paint attack, I sincerely can't believe he just accidentally got inside paint throwing range .

I rarely make wrong turns during daylight hours.

This sounds vaguely familiar to a collision that I was involved with three years ago.

Intersection of NW Cornell and NW Bethany in Beaverton. I get rear ended by a woman in a silver Acura. I get out and go to look at the damage to my (company) vehicle. Driver of the other car is on the phone and refuses to roll down her window. I call the company office and report the collision.

Within 2-3 minutes two other cars arrive with four male drivers/passengers. Driver of car #2 engages me in discussion stating "you will deal with me" and "you pay me" while driver of car #1 loads up the driver who collided with me and leaves the scene. At this point I walked away and dialed 911.

Beaverton police arrive in two cars in an amazingly short time and witness passenger from car #1 attempting to leave with the car that collided with me. The damage was such that the car was going no where, but they were trying it regardless.

Beaverton police take myself and the other group aside and get each others stories. Upon learning from me that the driver that had hit me was no longer on the scene, they gave the ultimatum to the other group "get her back here or go to jail". They had her back in less than 10 minutes.

Surprisingly, she not only had a valid license, she had insurance as well. It was, IMO, an attempt to to stick me with the repairs and even extort money from me for the damage to their car.

-E-

This link has several clips of Cops going at some ANTIFA morons. The one shows one Cop has had enough and lets one of them have it in the gut with a bean bag. I thought it would make a great Meme. Problem is they will of course want to fire the Cop now.

The irony is the woman who complained was an American of African descent. OHG I love watching them eat their own! :)

NB: "Transgender woman" is a human with a dick.

When the article doesn't mention race, we can assume we know the backgrounds of the perpetrators involved. 99 times out of 100 we will be correct. You need to read between the lines and understand the code language of "journalism" today. What they don't print is as important as what they do.
As has been correctly pointed out the article makes no mention of race. However for whatever its worth in the video of the accosted Marine he makes mention that the perpetrator addresses him with a racial slur. The mention of this slur implies that he is not of the same race as they. Both the article and the video are in the originating post.

So... in my opinion mention of race is not missing from the original post.

Personally I don't give a rats... what the race of the bad actors maybe, bad actors come in all colors and forms.

Amusingly when I worked for Lockheed I often observed some of my minority coworkers (not the minority in said shop) directing racial slurs to others of their same race and not in a friendly way. Now if I had used the same language I would have been fired, all the while having to shrug off abusive language directed at myself.

So... can we drop the race stuff now?

Great reason why you need to have a backup gun

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews