JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's easy to make fun, but looking at it from a more positive perspective, they likely aren't out burning down buildings and instigating social unrest in an effort to create a communist revolution.
Big difference; these "militia" groups are what the media, and most of the world think American gun owners all are like :( whereas the antifa people.... they're being treated with kid gloves in the media, and hailed as "revolutionairies" :( or just plain ignored/downplayed.

I agree. Everyone starts somewhere on their journey to proficiency. New firearms owners often look like new firearms owners with poor awareness and undeveloped skills. All the more reason undeveloped skills need fully developed supervision. This was a fail on both sides.

However, even in the best and most polished of circumstances, media has proven over and over again that they will edit and manipulate footage to fit a narrative. They have also proven that they do not like guns and gun owners. If this group approved media access, knowing what we know about the distortion practices of the media, they should have been prepared to be on their A game, with professionalism thereby not giving media the free ammunition to make the 2A community look like fools. Unfortunately, we can see how that turned out here...

Even if coverage was meant to be innocuous, it is now out there and will be used by anti-gunners for ridicule. Look at how much mileage it as already gotten on a pro-gun forum.

All around...just a hot mess...

they should have been prepared to be on their A game, with professionalism thereby not giving media the free ammunition to make the 2A community look like fools.
Prepared to be on their 'A' game with professionalism?

I would think if they HAD an 'A' game they would have already been 'on' it and we would have seen it. No, I am thinking this is about the best it is going to get with this group.

Sadly I am seeing a lot of outcasts, lonely and possibly depressed types with poor self-esteem looking to 'belong' to something. I suspect a lot of them have or have had 'issues' in their lives that have resulted in them accomplishing very little, along with limited education and positive social interactions, they fall into what almost seems to be a 'cult like' following such as the 111%.

Last Edited:
Prepared to be on their 'A' game with professionalism?

I would think if they HAD an 'A' game they would have already been 'on' it and we would have seen it. No, I am thinking this is about the best it is going to get with this group.

Sadly I am seeing a lot of outcasts, lonely and depressed types with poor self-esteem looking to 'belong' to something. I suspect a lot of them have or have had 'issues' in their lives that have resulted in them accomplishing very little, along with limited education and positive social interactions, they fall into what almost seems to be a 'cult like' following such as the 111%.
I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't follow the III% groups (but I would hope not all are the same). I also stay away from anything that gives me the hinky MLM cult vibe. It is sad the the socially awkward, insular outcasts get taken in and taken advantage of like this.

I see what you are seeing about some of the people in these videos with poor self-esteem wanting to belong to something. There were a lot of missed opportunities to actually teach, engage, and encourage these people. A couple of the "trainers" have no business teaching anyone, let alone being in charge of range safety. It's sad that many of the 'recruits' look like they realize they were not only sold a false bill of goods, but also now the butt of a sad joke.

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't follow the III% groups (but I would hope not all are the same). I also stay away from anything that gives me the hinky MLM cult vibe. It is sad the the socially awkward, insular outcasts get taken in and taken advantage of like this.

I see what you are seeing about some of the people in these videos with poor self-esteem wanting to belong to something. There were a lot of missed opportunities to actually teach, engage, and encourage these people. A couple of the "trainers" have no business teaching anyone, let alone being in charge of range safety. It's sad that many of the 'recruits' look like they realize they were not only sold a false bill of goods, but also now the butt of a sad joke.

This. I've "trained" (read: entertained) many people who wanted to go LARP as Stallone in Cliffhanger - thing was, I had about 8 years experience on the rock before I ever took up guiding.

I really don't care if people want to LARP with guns. Some things are just fun. But the people doing the training need to have the experience and professionalism required by that role. I'm seeing a lot of "blind leading the blind" and, if that's the case...only a matter of time before something bad happens and someone gets hurt or killed.

only a matter of time before something bad happens and someone gets hurt or killed.
And the chances of this are unfortunately very high from what I saw.

Hey, do agree with what the 111%r's believe in and represent ? Some of it yes, to a degree.

Do I think they are going about it right way? Largely in part no given their current methods.

Do I like to shoot, support the 2A and all that goes with it ? Yes. Would I ever join them or associate with a group like this. Not hardly.

I found the following article from last year while looking for info on the 111%. Sounds like a very dysfunctional, & disorganized group.

Last Edited:
All very true. However... one might do well to study how the following groups are operating currently..
ISIS/ISIL
Antifa
BLM

And to study how these historically have accomplished against well organized militaries..
Partisans (also French resistance) WW2
Taliban/Mujahadeen
Al-Qaeda
IRA
Many guerilla groups from Central America and Africa

Developing and strengthening the command/support structure is a long term investment, usually starting with communities.

At the moment it looks disorganized, disjointed, decentralized because that is what it is right now for the III% groups. Since III%, OathKeeper and some others are supposedly nationwide; it makes sense that the State groups look awful right now because the majority of those who join up don't seem to have considered much beyond their own fantasies and beliefs.
Bold added from last page

Kinda reminds me of a old movie. The_Survivors.jpg

It's easy to poke fun at our countrymen. Especially if they're fat and inexperienced.

But I'm wondering what George Washington's men were like when they first showed up to fight. Whatever their starting point was, we all owe them a debt of gratitude.

Propaganda works.

While I agree that any step in the right direction is better than nothing, to be fair, none of those larpers would have made it to adulthood in Washington's day.
Yea, there was a really young group of boys tasked with holding a critical bridge.. which they did against all odds. Heroes.

I could recite a version about a gal named Jenny who plays the piccolo, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray, and a pogo-stick…. But that'd SURELY get me permanently banned.
I prefer napalm loves the little children
Crispy fingers and BBQ ribs.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top