JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This past weekend I had the great pleasure of attending Gabe White's - Pistol Shooting Solutions (Pistol Shooting Solutions – Gabe White Training). I've known Gabe for several years, and have enjoyed the privilege of being under his tutelage, both classroom and range; watching him instruct at all levels of proficiency; and rubbing shoulders just enough to catch some of his enthusiasm. For years I have waited for an opportunity to take this class, and it finally happened.

Gabe is a remarkable individual in many ways. On a technical level he can work equally effectively with any shooter; from those who've never handled a firearm to those who would aspire to reach lofty levels of proficiency, particularly in the field of defensive concealed carry, which he himself has done. (If you haven't seen him, look through his bio and videos on his website!!) Add on a genuine ability to relate to all manner of people, and take them where they are at. Another layer on top of that is his evident passion for merging skills with a defensive mindset, preparedness, and tactics.

With Gabe, you will not experience a dogmatic "it has to be this way" approach to shooting. (Well, with a major caveat to safety. I have never felt safer in a range setting than when Gabe is running the show.) That said, he will kindly suggest ways for you to improve yourself, while simultaneously allowing for personal limitations or preferences.

So back to the class: As might be inferred from some of the above, this class is an extension of Gabe himself, and was an amazing and well rounded experience. A class where it "all comes together." It is very dynamic, and rotates from pushing your skill boundaries, to performing under pressure within your core abilities, to expanding your mind with how to approach situations tactically, and then throw in some context related competition scenarios to engage in with your classmates. The class size is strictly limited, so you are guaranteed to get the attention and individual instruction that you always hope for.

One fun surprise was that, unlike many instructors who wouldn't risk it, when it comes to the timed and scored skill test segments, Gabe also takes the test! While he's doing that, he gives you insight on what he himself is experiencing at that moment, and how it may be affecting his performance. (And damn. He is good!!) He also personally demonstrates all of the other skills that are being instructed, including accurate shooting on a dead run from a standing start.

Hands down; this is the best class I've attended since I started formal training.

Gabe is awesome. He hosted the Matt Little class earlier this year, and participated in the class. He will definitely be the next handgun instructor I train with

This past weekend I had the great pleasure of attending Gabe White's - Pistol Shooting Solutions (Pistol Shooting Solutions – Gabe White Training). I've known Gabe for several years, and have enjoyed the privilege of being under his tutelage, both classroom and range; watching him instruct at all levels of proficiency; and rubbing shoulders just enough to catch some of his enthusiasm. For years I have waited for an opportunity to take this class, and it finally happened.

Gabe is a remarkable individual in many ways. On a technical level he can work equally effectively with any shooter; from those who've never handled a firearm to those who would aspire to reach lofty levels of proficiency, particularly in the field of defensive concealed carry, which he himself has done. (If you haven't seen him, look through his bio and videos on his website!!) Add on a genuine ability to relate to all manner of people, and take them where they are at. Another layer on top of that is his evident passion for merging skills with a defensive mindset, preparedness, and tactics.

With Gabe, you will not experience a dogmatic "it has to be this way" approach to shooting. (Well, with a major caveat to safety. I have never felt safer in a range setting than when Gabe is running the show.) That said, he will kindly suggest ways for you to improve yourself, while simultaneously allowing for personal limitations or preferences.

So back to the class: As might be inferred from some of the above, this class is an extension of Gabe himself, and was an amazing and well rounded experience. A class where it "all comes together." It is very dynamic, and rotates from pushing your skill boundaries, to performing under pressure within your core abilities, to expanding your mind with how to approach situations tactically, and then throw in some context related competition scenarios to engage in with your classmates. The class size is strictly limited, so you are guaranteed to get the attention and individual instruction that you always hope for.

One fun surprise was that, unlike many instructors who wouldn't risk it, when it comes to the timed and scored skill test segments, Gabe also takes the test! While he's doing that, he gives you insight on what he himself is experiencing at that moment, and how it may be affecting his performance. (And damn. He is good!!) He also personally demonstrates all of the other skills that are being instructed, including accurate shooting on a dead run from a standing start.

Hands down; this is the best class I've attended since I started formal training.
Website looks interesting. Are they still requiring u bring 1000 rounds of ammo or have they cut back some with ammo prices what they are (ie ammo costs more than the class)?

Website looks interesting. Are they still requiring u bring 1000 rounds of ammo or have they cut back some with ammo prices what they are (ie ammo costs more than the class)?
I think I went through between 900 - 950. You could definitely do some of the drills dry, and on some where he wants 2 shots he told people that they could do one.
Also, you can burn a lot of ammo during the little competitions between classmates that he sets up. Since he's often pitting one station for accuracy against another station for movement. If you don't shoot well for example and pull the trigger a lot to get your job done..... Or how many times you step up to the line to compete. All those competition scenarios are completely voluntary anyway.
So you could definitely pull the round count down?
It's pretty well thought out in my opinion, to push your skills. He doesn't having you slinging rounds for no reason.

I have been following Gabe for some time now and have wanted to train with him. I was able to exchange emails with him about two years ago to learn about the options.
As I understand it, a student can either take a scheduled class or host him.
his scheduled courses fill up fast and are often out of area. And I am not in a position to host him. So here is my idea. If there are others on this site that have interest and someone can coordinate the hosting I would be interested in coordinating with them to organize this. If anyone is interested in this idea let me know.

I have been following Gabe for some time now and have wanted to train with him. I was able to exchange emails with him about two years ago to learn about the options.
As I understand it, a student can either take a scheduled class or host him.
his scheduled courses fill up fast and are often out of area. And I am not in a position to host him. So here is my idea. If there are others on this site that have interest and someone can coordinate the hosting I would be interested in coordinating with them to organize this. If anyone is interested in this idea let me know.
That's a great idea. I hope you get some traction.

You do realize this is NORTHWEST Firearms right? I don't feel like traveling clear across the country to attend classes in Iowa or Indiana.

Pahrump was about as far as I'd go before I found out that Front Sight is currently in its death throes.

You do realize this is NORTHWEST Firearms right? I don't feel like traveling clear across the country to attend classes in Iowa or Indiana.

Pahrump was about as far as I'd go before I found out that Front Sight is currently in its death throes.
What's your point?

https://www.gabewhitetraining.com/bio-and-training-resume/

My name is Gabe White, and I'm a defensive handgun instructor and competitive shooter in the Pacific Northwest.
  • Current Chief Instructor of Public Range FTU and public defensive handgun training program for Clackamas County Sheriff's Office at the Public Safety Training Center in Clackamas, Oregon (Note: This website and training are not associated with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office)
  • Instructor Emeritus with Oregon Firearms Academy in Brownsville, Oregon

This summer he ran the class twice right here in Clackamas at the PSTC. That's where I attended the class.
I've spent a lot of time at FS too.

I've been trying to get into Gabe's classes for years. Haven't been able to find a local one before it fills up.
Have always heard good things about it.
It's a good thing and a bad thing that he strictly limits the class size for sure. But if you get in, you get very personal and individualized attention.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top