JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sports, eh? I recommend boxing; physical fitness is a priority, learn the sweet science, and know how to deliver and take a punch. I think ... memory is hazy from that period. Float like a butter-knife, sting like the bees-knees, or something. I just lost my train of thought. :p

Someone say bees knees?

1619839402114.png

From the short amount of time I watched the first one, it appears that many of the folks have very little, if any, experience in the safe handling of firearms. Like others have noted, a simple, down to basics, firearm familiarization should be a requirement. The guy that fired off 4 rounds, pointed the firearm at everyone else and was then berated and then used as an example of not being a grown assed man should not have been put in that position.

I'm all for getting people familiar and giving them the opportunity to learn how to use their tools, but this was over the top. Perhaps because they knew the reporters were going to be there, they ramped it up? It is unfortunate that this ever aired as I fear that this is what the lefties think all gun owners are like.

It's easy to make fun, but looking at it from a more positive perspective, they likely aren't out burning down buildings and instigating social unrest in an effort to create a communist revolution.

It's easy to make fun, but looking at it from a more positive perspective, they likely aren't out burning down buildings and instigating social unrest in an effort to create a communist revolution.
Big difference; these "militia" groups are what the media, and most of the world think American gun owners all are like :( whereas the antifa people.... they're being treated with kid gloves in the media, and hailed as "revolutionairies" :( or just plain ignored/downplayed.

Big difference; these "militia" groups are what the media, and most of the world think American gun owners all are like :( whereas the antifa people.... they're being treated with kid gloves in the media, and hailed as "revolutionairies" :( or just plain ignored/downplayed.

You can't appease the media and the left no matter what you do, and trying to won't help whatsoever. The only thing they would be content with is unconditional surrender or death. Since when did American's give a flying sh t about what the world thought of us? Last I checked a good portion of the world hates us because they ain't us, and another good portion of the world exists because of us.

You can't appease the media and the left no matter what you do, and trying to won't help whatsoever. The only thing they would be content with is unconditional surrender or death. Since when did American's give a flying sh t about what the world thought of us? Last I checked a good portion of the world hates us because they ain't us, and another good portion of the world exists because of us.
On the "appeasement" of media... peehaps we should go on the offensive, since they find gun owners offensive? This is a large reason platforms like Parler and the like are growing...

On the world thing... if Americans didnt... we wouldn't (and shouldn't) host the UN and be one of its Security Council members. If America didnt care about the rest of the world, Europe would be speaking either German or Russia :rolleyes:

On the "appeasement" of media... peehaps we should go on the offensive, since they find gun owners offensive? This is a large reason platforms like Parler and the like are growing...

On the world thing... if Americans didnt... we wouldn't (and shouldn't) host the UN and be one of its Security Council members. If America didnt care about the rest of the world, Europe would be speaking either German or Russia :rolleyes:

We can still support other nations militarily who are friendly to us without letting their opinions of us negatively affect our nation. For example, every "ally" we have bars their subjects the right to firearm ownership like that in America. We shouldn't care whatsoever about their opinions of us.

On the topic of media, best thing we can do is give them $0 and 0 time and call them out for the propaganda they are at every opportunity.

We can still support other nations militarily who are friendly to us without letting their opinions of us negatively affect our nation. For example, every "ally" we have bars their subjects the right to firearm ownership like that in America. We shouldn't care whatsoever about their opinions of us.

On the topic of media, best thing we can do is give them $0 and 0 time and call them out for the propaganda they are at every opportunity.
We can still be NATO member without being UN member.

Not 'bars' but restricts.

Like me, for instance.

I have twenty-two Section 1 [Rifled] firearms, so I can hardly be barred, can I?

Many people I shoot with have way more - David, in the Hysterical Breech-loading Small Arms Association, has around eighty or ninety rifles, and Pete is only a short step behind him.

So 'bars' is not really the word you are looking for.

Most other members of NATO LIMIT the number of guns you can have - I've noted that nobody EVER mentions Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Iddly, Spain and others - all of whom have citizens who are NOT allowed to have more than around six guns of ALL kinds - some, only one each handgun and rifle.

What IS a fact about your comment is that none of these countries have the RKBA - they are all way too old to have been able to start from scratch, like you did, just 245 years ago. Much of British common law, for instance, goes back to the late 800's, that's like 1800, but without the 1000 on the front, right?

Last Edited:
Some thoughts on "Militia Training" that seemed to be over looked or at least not shown very often on you tube and such...

Physical fitness as mentioned by many here...as well as mental conditioning.
By this I mean :
A understanding of just what and why you are training...
The willingness to follow through with your training when it ain't just a weekend camp out with guns...
It is true that last can't really be taught , per se , but is something to consider.

Having a flexible / adaptable mindset ....life very often will refuse to play by your rules or go by your plan.

Use what you know to solve to the issue a hand...Assuming can be dangerous...

Learn from each mistake...

Never underestimate your opponent or over estimate your own abilities / skills...

Land navigation , you can't help , if you can't get there.

A understanding that if you have to use any of your "training" it won't be at all like the conditions that you were "trained" in....life is messy , combat messier still.
Again , this simply can not be taught...since most training is at best a simulation , and combat never simulates.
I say this because at the end of a "training" day , you will more than likely be able to go home in one piece...can't really say that for sure in regards to combat.
Experience is the best and at times the final teacher here.

Andy

Last Edited:
The mind-set is also important.

Here in UK, the Reserves, AKA the Territorial Army [and RAFVR and RNVR] are expected to shadow, support the regulars where necessary. In particular with medical personnel - doctors, nurses, trauma teams and emergency teams. As such, they have earned far more than their share of bravery awards over the last 18 years in Afghanistan, only missing the highest possible award of the Victoria Cross - the UK version of the MoH - by the smallest margin.

1619882543896.png

Last Edited:
Not 'bars' but restricts.

Like me, for instance.

I have twenty-two Section 1 [Rifled] firearms, so I can hardly be barred, can I?

Many people I shoot with have way more - David, in the Hysterical Breech-loading Small Arms Association, has around eighty or ninety rifles, and Pete is only a short step behind him.

So 'bars' is not really the word you are looking for.

Most other members of NATO LIMIT the number of guns you can have - I've noted that nobody EVER mentions Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Iddly, Spain and others - all of whom have citizens who are NOT allowed to have more than around six guns of ALL kinds - some, only one each handgun and rifle.

What IS a fact about your comment is that none of these countries have the RKBA - they are all way too old to have been able to start from scratch, like you did, just 245 years ago. Much of British common law, for instance, goes back to the late 800's, that's like 1800, but without the 1000 on the front, right?

Tac, I appreciate you and what you bring to the forum from what you've shared in the years past that has been very informative, and this is not meant to be a direct aggression against you, but I view it as really tip-toeing through semantics in language to say people aren't "barred" from gun ownership like Americans, because although yes you are allowed to own certain things, it's still nothing like we own here in comparison. I know there are some really strong individual rights supporters around the world, but the fact remains, a lot of the world is used to living under the thumb of government far more than Americans are, and Americans don't and shouldn't care what governments around the world want Americans to do (like disarm, for example).

Yup, you really are lucky people. I get that.

However, I also get that is is your OWN people who are trying to take your guns away - Americans, just like like you and almost everybody else here on this forum.

However, digressing slightly, it is an American who stood up in front of the nation, and swore a public oath to uphold your Constitution - not just the bits he might agree with, but ALL of it, the Second Amendment included.

Shoot, I've got more than six I've never shot, not including the ones I never shot that I sold.

Aside from hilarity and humility we see in the videos there are some 'harsh' realities to all of it I don't even think the 111% 's even understand, or have considered.

What are their specific goals or mission? Yes, we know what we have all read and heard. To provide 'security', 'resist and fight against tyranny', 'resist the Federal Government' etc. ? - All conceptual and idealistic with no real goals.

Their 'training' is all combat based and appears to be nothing more than a loose adaptation of what they see in the movies, what they think they know and possibly advice from what few knowledgeable Vets that are members. Otherwise all I am seeing are 'big kids' playing Army - and a dangerous game it is.

The Army functions under a Staff of Officers and what is categorized by 'Staff Numbers' such as S 1, 2 3,4, which in the basic definition designates Admin, Intel, Operations and Logistics. There are others however and they all have specific goals and functions to ultimately support the troops and coordinate the mission. I saw nothing that even resembles any form of 'Staff Structure' . Maybe they have some sort of 'basic' plans for food and medical support but without a dedicated 'Staff', and continual materials and support they in effect have nothing.

In a hypothetical situation where they might actually consider 'mobilizing' I wonder how many would actually 'fall out' ? 2/3 ? half or less? Also depending on the situation it is possible they might encounter other groups, with different goals and objectives who might be much larger in numbers and more dedicated to their own causes. They might also encounter elements of the US Military if say, the situation required deployment such as if Martial Law were declared. How long would a rag tag bunch survive if they encountered a company of well trained combat soldiers or other specialized units?

Last but not least how long before there is 'infighting' withing the group due to basic power struggles, disagreements, etc. ? The 111%'rs are not paid, they are not under any agreement, and face no disciplinary action. Under the 'stress' of any actual 'activity' I see them falling like a house of cards. Worse yet I see the potential of it turning into an oppressive 'warlord' style scenario with a few of the louder and more dictatorial types controlling the rest with fear and threats.

Last Edited:
Aside from hilarity and humility we see in the videos there are some 'harsh' realities to all of it I don't even think the 111% 's even understand, or have considered.

What are their specific goals or mission? Yes, we know what we have all read and heard. To provide 'security', 'resist and fight against tyranny', 'resist the Federal Government' etc. ? - All conceptual and idealistic with no real goals.

Their 'training' is all combat based and appears to be nothing more than a loose adaptation of what they see in the movies, what they think they know and possibly advice from what few knowledgeable Vets that are members. Otherwise all I am seeing are 'big kids' playing Army - and a dangerous game it is.

The Army functions under a Staff of Officers and what is categorized by 'Staff Numbers' such as S 1, 2 3,4, which in the basic definition designates Admin, Intel, Operations and Logistics. There are others however and they all have specific goals and functions to ultimately support the troops and coordinate the mission. I saw nothing that even resembles any form of 'Staff Structure' . Maybe they have some sort of 'basic' plans for food and medical support but without a dedicated 'Staff', and continual materials and support they in effect have nothing.

In a hypothetical situation where they might actually consider 'mobilizing' I wonder how many would actually 'fall out' ? 2/3 ? half or less? Also depending on the situation it is possible they might encounter other groups, with different goals and objectives who might be much larger in numbers and more dedicated to their own causes. They might also encounter elements of the US Military if say, the situation required deployment such as if Martial Law were declared. How long would a rag tag bunch survive if they encountered a company of well trained combat soldiers or other specialized units?

Last but not least how long before there is 'infighting' withing the group due to basic power struggles, disagreements, etc. ? The 111%'rs are not paid, they are not under any agreement, and face no disciplinary action. Under the 'stress' of any actual 'activity' I see them falling like a house of cards. Worse yet I see the potential of it turning into an oppressive 'warlord' style scenario with a few of the louder and more dictatorial types controlling the rest with fear and threats.
All very true. However... one might do well to study how the following groups are operating currently..
ISIS/ISIL
Antifa
BLM

And to study how these historically have accomplished against well organized militaries..
Partisans (also French resistance) WW2
Taliban/Mujahadeen
Al-Qaeda
IRA
Many guerilla groups from Central America and Africa

Developing and strengthening the command/support structure is a long term investment, usually starting with communities.

At the moment it looks disorganized, disjointed, decentralized because that is what it is right now for the III% groups. Since III%, OathKeeper and some others are supposedly nationwide; it makes sense that the State groups look awful right now because the majority of those who join up don't seem to have considered much beyond their own fantasies and beliefs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top