JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope I don't have to hoard diapers when I am 68!

Well, mail order won't be working too well and the stores will be sold out ASAP! Even though the ones the stores carry are very poor quality. The Japanese diapers (and Eurpoean ones) are MUCH better than what is available here on store shelves!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Well, mail order won't be working too well and the stores will be sold out ASAP!...

Not to dwell on a crappy subject, but I guess I understand that guy's concern. If you just went through an earthquake and tidal wave, and now you have to worry about nuke plant meltdowns, aftershocks, and volcanoes, maybe it would be prudent to wear diapers too. At the very least it might cut down on the need to do laundry every time there is an "OH S**T!" moment.

Not to dwell on a crappy subject, but I guess I understand that guy's concern. If you just went through an earthquake and tidal wave, and now you have to worry about nuke plant meltdowns, aftershocks, and volcanoes, maybe it would be prudent to wear diapers too. At the very least it might cut down on the need to do laundry every time there is an "OH S**T!" moment.[/QUOTE

lol, too true.

I didn't see anything about it, was it severe? last thing those folks need. I just hope they get the nuke reactors under control or the west cost may be in some trouble.

Just venting and rumbling...and not near any population centers, although residents in drainages are leaving. But given the density of the population in Japan it is all relative I guess.

One is in Pasco.. said plant having the nickname OOPs, because it almost melted down in the 1980s. My gal toured it and learned that little tidbit (which she thought to share with you), back when she worked for the state arm of FEMA

There is no plant in Pasco. "Whoops" is in Richland, a completely different county.

There is no plant in Pasco. "Whoops" is in Richland, a completely different county.

You're right, she was telling me about Hanford, etc and I got the location wrong

Still it is incredible folly, putting it on such a crucial inland river, so far inland

You're right, she was telling me about Hanford, etc and I got the location wrong

Still it is incredible folly, putting it on such a crucial inland river, so far inland

I don't see how that is a bad location. The Columbia River is nearly a mile wide in that area so there is plenty of water to cool it and the Hanford site is in the middle of the desert with miles and miles of buffer zone. I was born and raised in Richland where just about everyone I know works there or is married to someone who works there.

I don't see how that is a bad location. The Columbia River is nearly a mile wide in that area so there is plenty of water to cool it and the Hanford site is in the middle of the desert with miles and miles of buffer zone. I was born and raised in Richland where just about everyone I know works there or is married to someone who works there.

Cool it? How about radiation filling the Colombia river all the way down to the ocean and destroying all life within it? Nuclear power on a planet surface is sheer madness, and this location tops the cake. I could care less who had a "job" there..

One thing I see from the Japan situation is that preparedness and stockpiles at home can mean next to nothing when the whole area is leveled and/or if you commute very far from home you may end up with nothing, stranded and not able to reach home.

I was going to say,anything they stocked up on is feeding the fish right now.

If you are in a flood zone you're kinda screwed,or if a quake decimates the entire area,your stock piles better be in a pretty heavy duty container or bunker.
Not saying stocking up is useless,but you really need to pick the right spot to put the stores.

Cool it? How about radiation filling the Colombia river all the way down to the ocean and destroying all life within it? Nuclear power on a planet surface is sheer madness, and this location tops the cake. I could care less who had a "job" there..

You have to get a grip on the reason Hanford was built. At the time knowledge of the potential effects of radiation was sketchy, and the facility was built with the sole purpose of manufacturing material to build the atomic bomb to end the Second World War. 20/20 hindsight is always accurate, and we now know the hazards involved. Nuclear power on the planet's surface is a fact. The genie won't be going back into the bottle, and OPEC applauds your views.
WPPS was sited there because the area was already used for nuclear purposes, it is not the source of the pollution, the decaying infrastructure at Hanford is, thanks to the do nothings in Washington DC

I didn't see anything about it, was it severe? last thing those folks need. I just hope they get the nuke reactors under control or the west cost may be in some trouble.

actually the trade winds and the Hubolt Current both go east to west year round...so the fallout would go toward mainland china...unless of course you meant japan's west coast...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top